View Full Version : Kim Searls talks downtown housing (video)

Pete
10-18-2006, 06:37 PM
Nice job, Kim!

Has some nice shots of the Legacy project and some others:

NewsOK.com | Powered by The Oklahoman and NEWS 9 (http://www.newsok.com/video/50317)

Spartan
10-18-2006, 07:29 PM
Is it the urban housing on the rise in Bricktown?

I have a few politically correct issues with such a headline, but oh well...

writerranger
10-18-2006, 09:17 PM
Great job, Kim!! Thanks for doing what you do to promote downtown Oklahoma City. Some great things are happening and for someone who watched a dead downtown for years - it's all exciting.

Spartan, Is it the "downtown" versus "urban" thing? I wasn't sure what you meant.

--------------

Spartan
10-18-2006, 09:32 PM
No, it's everytime any downtown development is called Bricktown development. Same goes for when Kelly Ogle called The Centennial a Bricktown high-rise. The thing is not even a mid-rise...

shane453
10-18-2006, 09:35 PM
A friend recently mentioned the "botanical gardens in bricktown" and I had to correct her and remind her that Bricktown is east of the tracks, that she was thinking of downtown.

BDP
10-19-2006, 07:15 AM
That is weird. The actual piece was pretty accurate about the location of these developments, but as it clearly shows there is only 1 4-plex in development in bricktown. The Centennial (which seems to get a disproportionate amount of coverage these days) is the closest in lower Bricktown.

As usual with the Oklahoman/News 9, it's hard to tell if that headline is assuming ignorance of the viewers or if they truly are ignorant themselves. I know that if I didn’t read this board it would be pretty misleading.

Anyway, it was a decent piece highlighting some good things coming up in the city's future.

Spartan
10-19-2006, 01:54 PM
Uhh...have you watched the news lately? Probably the latter, actually.

jbrown84
10-20-2006, 12:15 PM
Well I think most people would lump LB into "Bricktown" as a whole, but obviously all the other DT projects can in now way be considered Bricktown.

BDP
10-20-2006, 12:38 PM
have you watched the news lately

Honestly, no. I can't stand to watch local news. I always feel dumber afterwards.

Spartan
10-20-2006, 12:41 PM
Ten points for BDP.