View Full Version : Willa Johnson advances in National League of Cities

Spartan
10-14-2006, 04:57 PM
Council member appointed to national committee

10/10/2006

National League of Cities President James Hunt announced Oct. 10 he has appointed Oklahoma City Councilwoman Willa Johnson to serve on the nominating committee for the National League of Cities.
The 15-member committee is made up of 12 elected city officials and two state municipal league executives from across the United States. The committee is responsible for recommending a slate of officers and board members to lead the National League of Cities in 2007.

Johnson, who was elected as Oklahoma City’s Ward 7 Councilwoman in 1993, has been an active member of the National League of Cities for more than 13 years. She has served in leadership roles as chairperson of the Community Economic Development Committee and was elected to a two-year term on the board of directors in 2002. She currently is Vice Chair of the NLC Advisory Council.

“I have thoroughly enjoyed my work with the National League of Cities and am honored that President Hunt would select me to this awesome responsibility of nominating board members and chairpersons to continue its legacy,” said Johnson.

The National League of Cities is an advocate for more than 18,000 cities, towns and villages throughout the United States. The Washington DC-based organization helps enhance the national image of local government, provides resources to help elected officials better serve their cities, keeps leaders informed of issues affecting municipalities and strengthens the voice of local government both statewide and nationally.