View Full Version : Administrator/Moderator meeting

Keith
10-23-2004, 08:49 PM
Hey Everyone,

Myself, Patrick, and Todd (founder and administrator of this forum), got together this evening at Olive Garden and had a great meeting, discussing the bright future for OKCTALK. One moderator, DarlingDiva, was not able to make the meeting, and she sure was missed. We also got the wonderful pleasure of meeting Todd's wife, Pam, and their 6 month old son.

It was a time of meeting each other face to face and discussing issues pertaining to the operation and continued success of this forum. Yep, Todd is a real person (not a figment of our imagination) :p , and he has some great ideas for the forum, and ways to expand it and to get more members involved.

Also, we hope to be able to set up a place for all the registered members to meet and to mingle, and get to know each other. This meeting place will be announced far enough in advance so that you can plan to attend. Until then, the best way to communicate is by PM.

The meeting we had was a huge success, and we look forward to our next one.

Patrick
10-23-2004, 11:13 PM
I agree that the meeting was a huge success. We discussed several things as Keith mentioned, and it was great finally getting to meet Todd and his wife (and their 6 month year old son!!!). What else can I say other than you couldn't meet a nicer couple!

One of the things we discussed was possibly having a Christmas OKC Talk get together. I personally think that would be a wonderful idea....a great fellowship opportunnity for this group of people. We'll keep you posted on it.

As I mentioned in another post in this forum......notice the new sponsor feature that has been added. It's the red link at the top of this page. Todd is more than greatful to provide this forum free of charge. But, I know it isn't cheap to run, and I think it's a great idea to give the users of this forum the chance to contribute financially to this site. The link gives all of the details and levels of membership. It also gives the benefits that come with becoming a member. You may think....well, I really don't have the money to contribute. Well, it's not really that expensive. A bronze membership is only $2 a month....a lot cheaper than cable, and definitely a lot more fun! This forum is a great asset to our city.....if you really believe in it I encourage you to contribute if you can. Of course whatever you could donate would be appreciated. If you're able to give more than what's listed, than by all means, we'd really appreciate it. In the near future we'd like to have monthly get togethers with the mods, Todd, and the contributing sponsors to discuss matters pertaining to this forum and to vote on issues regarding the forum. Anyways, I hope you'll at least check out the link.
Todd has some great ideas for this forum, both in the way of promoting it and features to add. But in order to add more features he obviously will need our help financially.

Posting on this forum just requires registering. That will not change. If you want to post a poll you have to be at least a bronze member. You can vote in any poll though as long as you're a member. Everything else will basically stay the same for now.

And contrary to popular belief, you still will be able to edit your profiles, avatars, signatures, etc. as just a registered user. Unfortunately, at the moment there's a glitch in the system. Todd is working on getting it fixed.

I hope everyone will participate in this forum in whatever way they can, whether that be just posting, or helping out financially. We appreciate your support whatever you may be able to provide.

Over the next few months, be looking for updates on future OKC Talk outings. Even though the singles outing didn't attract a lot of people a few weeks ago, future site-wide events should attract more people.

Thanks everyone for participating, and thanks Todd and Keith for meeting this evening.

Patrick
10-23-2004, 11:23 PM
By the way, for those wanting to add new avatars, until the problem gets fixed, feel free to send me the link to the avatar, or email me the pic. I'd be more than happy to change avatars for you.

Sorry for the confusion.

Todd
10-24-2004, 08:01 PM
What a great meeting! :Smiley112

It was really fun to finally put a face with a name. I think a lot of good things will come out of meeting on a regular basis. I'm really looking forward to meeting more users. I will start a sticky thread and post all upcoming board event so everyone can keep informed and make plans to attend.