View Full Version : we are thinking of moving to Edmond

pathfinders1995
10-06-2006, 09:48 PM
Hello-

We are thinking of moving to Edmond in the spring. We have are looking at Deer Creek schools for a great place for our children ages 8 and 11.

Could I please get some feed back or opinions in regard to thoughts about Edmond and the Deer Creek school system?

We are presently in FL. the schools are bad, in portables, crime is on the rise etc. We are looking for great schools and a safe place to raise our family:) jeff

Karried
10-07-2006, 07:28 AM
Hi, welcome!

There have been many similar posts from people moving to Edmond. If you do a search in the search bar above and type in Deer Creek or Edmond schools, you will find hundreds of discussions. Here is one sample below:

http://www.okctalk.com/introductions-welcomes/7454-moving-okc.html?highlight=deer+creek+schools

Welcome to OKC... hope this helps.

Patrick
10-07-2006, 11:50 AM
Both districts are superb. Flip a coin! Edmond is a closer drive if you're working in the city.

Personally, if it were me, I'd probably avoid the drive and move out in NW Oklahoma City. Putnam City Schools out there are pretty decent.

pathfinders1995
10-07-2006, 01:11 PM
Patrick-

thanks:) I work out of the House, So driving to work will be a Non Issue. jeff

traxx
10-13-2006, 12:53 PM
Jeff,

Personally I would pick Deer Creek schools. They're a little smaller than Edmond schools and they are top notch. Deer Creek schools have some of the highest scores of all the schools in Oklahoma as far as academics, teachers etc. Either way is a good bet, I just lean toward Deer Creek. BTW, I live in the Norman area, so I'm not promoting Deer Creek because my children go there or some ulterior motive like that, I just think Deer Creek's better.