View Full Version : Warning! loss of custom avitar

Joe Schmoe
10-23-2004, 08:37 AM
I see the new sponsorship program has started. I didn't realize that you lose avitar capability without sponsorhip. I cleared my avaitar & found that I couldn't add a new one. I personally think that not having an obvious warning about this change kinda bites.

So here's my warning. If you currently have an avitar image & are not a sponsor, DO NOT edit your avitar settings.

You will lose your image.

Its okay to have special items for people who want to spend money, but I would have liked to have known about it first.

:eek:

I guess you also lose stealth mode. Bummer.

Patrick
10-23-2004, 10:54 PM
Joe Schmoe, there's a glich in the system....Todd is going to get it fixed. Unfortunately, the avatar feature shouldn't have been affected by the recent changes. I'lllet you know when he gets it fixed.

There has been a new feature added though....in order to post a poll on this forum you need to be either a bronze, silver, gold, or platinum member. To become a bronze member, you just have to donate $22 a year to this site...that's not asking too much. I encourage everyone to try to contribute something financially to this site if you can......Todd doesn't mind forking over the bill to pay for it, but every bit helps. If you want to contribute you can pay wither by Paypal or by credit card. For more information, check out the red "Become a OKCTalk.com Sponsor" link towards the top of the forum index page. There's also a list of the benefits of each class of membership. It's definitely worth reading.

I myself haven't contributed financially to this forum yet, but I plan on doing it. Although I'm a student and don't have a lot of money, I can at least afford $60 or $120 a year. That's only $5 a month or $10 a month. Well worth it in my opinion, especially for how valuable this forum is. And I know there are those on this forum that may be able to afford more. Regardless, I encourage you to give whatever you have. Even if you just become a bronze member at $2 a month, at least that will give you the capability to post a poll. And at the same time it's helping out this wonderful forum.

Remember though, this forum is always a free forum.....but all donations are greatly appreciated.

Patrick
10-23-2004, 11:22 PM
Hey Joe Schmoe,

If you have an avatar in mind, I can add it for you. Either send me the link, or email me the attachment. By the way, I tried to PM you but your inbox is full....over 50 messages.