View Full Version : Public Indoor Kart Racing NOW OPEN!!

Watson410
10-05-2006, 04:08 PM
Pole Position Raceway is a state-of-the-art facility in the heart of Oklahoma City located off Interstate 44 at the corner of N.W. 36th and May Ave. The 85,000 square-foot climate controlled building is home to the fastest rental karts in the United States. These are not your casual amusement park rides and they produce an amazing adrenaline rush for new and seasoned racers. As long as you are at least 48" tall and can safely operate the karts, you can join the fun. There are two different tracks to choose from, one more for speed and the other more for drifting. Top speed of the karts are 45mph, that may not seem to fast until you try it 3 inches off the ground. Pole Position Raceway is currently open but the actual ribbon cutting will be Oct. 27th. Also on Oct. 27th Jeremy McGrath (7-time AMA Supercross Champ) and Kenny Bartram(Freestyle Motocrosser) will be in attendance signing autographs and hanging out. Come check it out! If you have any questions just ask me or visit the web site. www.racep2r.com

writerranger
10-05-2006, 04:37 PM
Pole Position Raceway is a state-of-the-art facility in the heart of Oklahoma City located off Interstate 44 at the corner of N.W. 36th and May Ave. The 85,000 square-foot climate controlled building is home to the fastest rental karts in the United States. These are not your casual amusement park rides and they produce an amazing adrenaline rush for new and seasoned racers. As long as you are at least 48" tall and can safely operate the karts, you can join the fun. There are two different tracks to choose from, one more for speed and the other more for drifting. Top speed of the karts are 45mph, that may not seem to fast until you try it 3 inches off the ground. Pole Position Raceway is currently open but the actual ribbon cutting will be Oct. 27th. Also on Oct. 27th Jeremy McGrath (7-time AMA Supercross Champ) and Kenny Bartram(Freestyle Motocrosser) will be in attendance signing autographs and hanging out. Come check it out! If you have any questions just ask me or visit the web site. Pole Position Raceway ::: Indoor Karting Has Arrived (http://www.racep2r.com)

The prices are way out of line. Outrageous is more like it. Could you relate those prices to the rest here since you placed an adverpost here at OKCTalk?

--------------

Patrick
10-05-2006, 04:38 PM
Since we do support our site through advertising now, would you like to pay a small fee for a banner at at the top of the site?

Watson410
10-05-2006, 04:51 PM
The prices are way out of line. Outrageous is more like it. Could you relate those prices to the rest here since you placed an adverpost here at OKCTalk?

--------------

I admit the prices are a little high, but it's nothing OKC can't afford. I visited the place today and it looked like a blast. Personally I wouldn't mind paying those prices to have fun. It definitly beats Celebration Station and Incredible Pizza.

Watson410
10-05-2006, 04:52 PM
Since we do support our site through advertising now, would you like to pay a small fee for a banner at at the top of the site?

I don't work there, I'm just tryin to get the word out about the track so people will actually go check it out. I would like to see something like this actually make it in OKC for once.

Patrick
10-05-2006, 04:53 PM
I admit the prices are a little high, but it's nothing OKC can't afford. I visited the place today and it looked like a blast. Personally I wouldn't mind paying those prices to have fun. It definitly beats Celebration Station and Incredible Pizza.

I don't think you can really compare the place to Incredible Pizza and Celebration Station. One has go carts, the others have a variety of activities, i.e., miniature golf, indoor bowling, batting cages, etc.

Patrick
10-05-2006, 04:53 PM
I don't work there, I'm just tryin to get the word out about the track so people will actually go check it out. I would like to see something like this actually make it in OKC for once.

Okay. LOL!

By the way, in case I haven't said it yet.....:ou

ChristianConservative
10-05-2006, 05:03 PM
It definitly beats Celebration Station and Incredible Pizza.

Beats them in the price alright. Celebration Station and Incredible Pizza are more bang for the buck.

John
10-05-2006, 06:12 PM
All of you saying the prices are out of line need to go experience it. Its worth it.

ChristianConservative
10-05-2006, 06:17 PM
Been there, done that. I took my grand children. I will not be back.

writerranger
10-05-2006, 07:26 PM
What is the price anyway? I remember it was posted somewhere (and remember thinking it was ridiculous), but it involved a membership for discounted rates and then a higher cost if you don't have the monthly thing. I seem to remember it was something like $25.00 a race. Is that right?

-----------------

ChristianConservative
10-05-2006, 08:13 PM
It was $23 per person.

writerranger
10-05-2006, 08:36 PM
It was $23 per person.

Wow, wow and wow.

MadMonk
10-06-2006, 06:12 AM
I might try it once, but I doubt I'd want to blow $23 (or $46 for my wife and I) on race after race.

ChristianConservative
10-06-2006, 07:04 AM
We spent well over $100 for myself and 4 grandkids. It wasn't worth it.

keving
10-06-2006, 11:21 AM
I'm 6 foot 6 inches tall... will I have problems driving these karts?

Easy180
10-06-2006, 11:30 AM
Sounds like a pretty cool place although a little pricey...Please don't include Incredible Pizza's go karts in this thread...Their indoor track is a joke

BDP
10-06-2006, 12:38 PM
How much is Celebration Station's carts?

What would be a fair price?

Patrick
10-06-2006, 01:25 PM
I looked at CBS's website.

Each go cart ride is $6 per person for an individual ride.

An all day ride pass is $22.99, which includes unlimited go cart rides and unlimited bumper boat rides.

They currently have a special Mon-Thurs which includes 5 go cart rides for $5 between the hours of 4PM-9PM

For birthdays, their best package is $19.99 per person and includes
All day Unlimited Use of Go-Karts, Bumper Boats, and Clubhouse
16 Game Tokens per person
2 Slices of Pizza person
Soft Drink with Free Refill
Invitations, Party Hats & Balloons
Soft Serve Ice Cream
Plus
The Birthday Person Receives
A Special gift and
100 Redemption Points

BDP
10-06-2006, 02:45 PM
So, basically, this place has to be 4 times better.

It seems at least 2.5 times better, no? CBS is kind of dumpy and I know their carts don't sniff 45 mph. I think Pole Position needs more value added stuff, like arcade and food packages. I don't see a lot of repeats at that price. I hope it works though. I was just glad to not have another big emty bog box store location.