View Full Version : Compliments...A Positive Thing

Keith
10-05-2006, 05:10 AM
Compliments. We all love to get them. At least I dohttp://www.xanga.com/images/happy.gif.

Whether it is complimenting a lady on the pretty outfit she has on, or whether you compliment a co-worker on a job well done, or whether you compliment your children for doing well in school, compliments are something that can turn a bad mood in to a good mood. Plus, when you give a compliment, it actually surprises the person you are complimenting. Why? Because many times compliments are few and far between.

The good thing about compliments is that they are two-fold. Not only do you make someone happy and give their morale a boost, it also makes you feel good inside, and it actually makes you a better person. If there were more people complimenting each other, there would be more people with happy and positive attitudes.

My mother always told me that if you could not say anything good about somebody, then just keep your mouth shut. Good advice. If we all heeded that advice, then all that would come from our mouths would be positive words.

Easy180
10-05-2006, 07:50 AM
Keith...One thing to keep in mind is if we threw out compliments all the time they would lose their effectiveness as they would then be expected as part of regular conversations

With that being said...Managers need to know that more compliments need to be thrown in with their subordinates....Plain old compliment goes along way with morale