View Full Version : Dvoracek found innocent

Patrick
10-22-2004, 11:12 PM
Hmmmm, looks like Dvoracek may be found innocent on the recent assault complaints. You guys think Stoops will let him back on the team? I doubt it, as Dvoracek has been involved in too many similar incidents in the past.

-------
"Dvoracek case at a standstill

By Jane Glenn Cannon
The Oklahoman

NORMAN - Police said an investigation is at a standstill into former Oklahoma defensive tackle Dusty Dvoracek’s role in an altercation Sept. 12 that landed his friend in the hospital.
“No one is cooperating, including the victim,” Lt. Tom Easley said.

As a result, Cleveland County District Attorney Tim Kuykendall said Thursday that Dvoracek, 23, probably won’t be charged with criminal wrongdoing in connection with the incident.

“There’s not enough evidence, and it is beginning to look like there won’t be enough,” he said.

Dvoracek, a senior from Lake Dallas, Texas, was dismissed from the OU football team after information surfaced about a fight between him and Matt Wilde, 21.

Wilde, a former high school teammate, was hospitalized Sept. 12 with a head injury. He spent five days in intensive care at Norman Regional Hospital. Wilde was released from the hospital Sept. 18.

Witnesses said the two men had been drinking, then argued. However, Kuykendall said witnesses have not cooperated in giving police details about what happened.

Wilde has returned to his home in Texas and has remained uncooperative, the district attorney said.

Kuykendall said he asked police to look into another incident in March in which Dvoracek allegedly assaulted another man.

Easley said investigators are receiving “some cooperation” in connection with that case. Detectives expect to forward a report to the district attorney on their findings next week, he said. "

Floating_adrift
10-23-2004, 05:02 AM
I'm not sure he was found 'innocent' so much as 'not guilty' LOL

I wouldn't hold my breath to see him come back though. I think Stoops would have mentioned it as part of his release if there was some way for him to get back on the team. As much as I wish he'd get to come back, the fact that he was found innocent doesn't change the fact that it happened, and obviously has a problem that needs to be dealt with.

I'm a huge fan and hope he and the other Sooners learn from all this.

BOOMER SOONER!!

Midtowner
10-23-2004, 08:15 AM
Without Dvoracek and even Pendleton, the d-line looks amazing. It looks like this year the d tackle has been relegated to a gap closing assignment more than something for rushing the passer -- considering the ends on the Sooners team, that makes a lot of sense.

That being said, I'm glad Stoops has allowed Dampeer to step up. Moe's doing very well despite being in Stoops' doghouse.

Keith
10-23-2004, 08:54 AM
You know, Dvoracek may be a great football player on the field, but he is a bully off the field. I really don't think he should be allowed back on the team, especially with all assaults that he has been involved in. Most of the ones he has assaulted have admitted that they are afraid of him.

Now, if someone assaulted you, and you were afraid of them, would you testify against them and take a chance on retaliation? Some would, some wouldn't. He is just a big bully who is trying to throw his strength around. There are plenty of football players who can replace him.