View Full Version : Metro Library Surplus Sale

hipsterdoofus
10-03-2006, 08:14 AM
Hey all, not sure if this fits in here, but since this is the section of this board where I post, thought I would put it in here. The Metropolitan Library System is having its annual surplus sale on Friday. Following is the information.

METROPOLITAN LIBRARY SYSTEM

NOTICE of RETAIL SALE of SURPLUS FURNITURE AND EQUIPMENT

1. METROPOLITAN LIBRARY SYSTEM OFFERS FOR PUBLIC RETAIL SALE, SURPLUS FURNITURE AND EQUIPMENT. THE RETAIL SALE WILL BE CONDUCTED FRIDAY, OCTOBER 6TH, 2006, from 8:00 AM TO 3:30 PM. THE RETAIL SALE WILL BE HELD AT SOUTHERN OAKS LIBRARY, 6900 S. WALKER, OKC, OK 73139.

2. THE FOLLOWING FURNITURE AND EQUIPMENT IS OFFERED FOR SALE: TABLES, CHAIRS, DESK, SECTIONAL COUCHES, FILE CABINETS, MEDIA CENTER CABINET, STORAGE CABINET, PLAN FILE, AV HANG UP RACKS, DISPLAYERS, MOBILE BOOK BIN, REVOLVING BOOK STAND, LECTERN, PICTURES, MICROWAVES, PROJECTOR, REFRIGERATOR/MICROWAVE COMBO UNIT, TELEVISIONS, VCR, VIDEO MONITOR, TYPEWRITERS, BOOK CART, TYPEWRITER CART, UTILITY CARTS, LADDERS, HARD DRIVES/TOWERS, MONITORS, PRINTERS, SERVERS, COMPUTER EQUIPMENT, COMPUTER WORK STATION, CPU CADDIES/CARTS AND OTHER MISCELLANEOUS ITEMS.

3. ALL FURNITURE AND EQUIPMENT ARE SOLD AS IS-WHERE IS, WITH NO WARRANTIES OR GUARANTEES GIVEN OR IMPLIED. THE PURCHASER WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR REMOVING ALL PURCHASES FROM THE SALE SITE AT THE TIME OF PAYMENT. ALL PURCHASES MUST BE PAID FOR AND REMOVED FROM THE SALE SITE BY 3:30 PM, FRIDAY, OCTOBER 6TH, 2006.

4. THIS IS A RETAIL SALE, WITH PRICES PREDETERMINED BY THE LIBRARY. THE LIBRARY WILL CONSIDER COUNTER-OFFERS; HOWEVER, THE LIBRARY RESERVES THE RIGHT TO REJECT ANY AND ALL COUNTER-OFFERS AND TO REMOVE ANY ITEM FROM THE SALE FOR ANY REASON.

5. PAYMENT MAY BE MADE BY CASH, CHECK OR APPROVED PURCHASE ORDERS. STATE AND LOCAL TAXES ARE INCLUDED IN THE UNIT SALE PRICE. THERE ARE NO RESERVES OR HOLDS ON ANY ITEM OR FOR ANY PERIOD OF TIME. ALL SALES ARE FINAL. FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION, PLEASE CONTACT THE PURCHASING OFFICE AT 606-3792 OR 606-3794.

ZacHolley
10-04-2006, 09:50 AM
where is this at??

and how can we find the computer specs they are selling?

John
10-04-2006, 12:32 PM
where is this at??

SOUTHERN OAKS LIBRARY, 6900 S. WALKER, OKC, OK 73139.

ZacHolley
10-04-2006, 12:34 PM
can you go buy any day this week and check itout or just friday?

hipsterdoofus
10-05-2006, 03:26 PM
Sorry, I checked on this a couple of times and no one had replied - just getting back to it. This is only on Friday. There are some older computers on it (obviously) since these are ones we are getting rid of. Some are fairly decent thogh 1.5 Ghz computers that would easily run Win XP - they currently have NT workstation installed. Sale is first come first serve, so get there early. We will have a tech onsite to answer questions.

ZacHolley
10-05-2006, 03:31 PM
Sorry, I checked on this a couple of times and no one had replied - just getting back to it. This is only on Friday. There are some older computers on it (obviously) since these are ones we are getting rid of. Some are fairly decent thogh 1.5 Ghz computers that would easily run Win XP - they currently have NT workstation installed. Sale is first come first serve, so get there early. We will have a tech onsite to answer questions.

what price range to expect if ya dont mind me asking?