View Full Version : Visit to Frontier City

Keith
10-01-2006, 07:55 PM
Saturday, my 18 year old son and I had the opportunity to visit Frontier City....a place that we haven't been to in over 10 years.

We were there because the Oklahoma City Employees Association....an organization withing the City, was having their annual picnic there. As members of the OCEA, we were able to get a discount. For only $10, we got to park, get admittance to the park, and we got to eat all of the brisket we wanted.

I could not believe that parking normally cost $10. Plus, I have no idea what the normal admittance fee is.

Things have really changed since I had been there last. There were quite a few new rides (new to me and my son), and the place looked much cleaner than I remembered before.

The prices for food and drink was certainly high. If you were to buy a 20 oz. soft drink out of the machine, it would cost you $3.50.

We watched a few of the "thrilling" rides......rides that I would never, ever, get on. Just watching them made me queezy. The only thing we rode was the big ferris wheel. I am not much on heights, so I did have to close my eyes a little until we got to the top.

Then, when we got to the very top, we were surrounded by about 20-30 wasps. Then, the ferris wheel stopped, so we just sat very still, not to get the attention of the flying pests.

Actually, neither my son or I are very big fans of any rides. Anything that goes fast, puts me upside down, or turns me round and round...I will not get on (that eliminates most of the rides).

Overall, I feel that the park was nice, although you can tell that there are some things that are outdated. We were there for about 4 hours, so we got the chance to see quite a few things. The best part of the whole trip was being able to spend some good, quality time with my son, and getting the chance to just talk to him. We have a very good relationship, and this trip to Frontier City just proved it even more.

dirtrider73068
10-01-2006, 08:51 PM
I don't think I will ever go back to frontier city for a good while, the last time I went was a oktoberfest. My feelings on it then was dirty, no body was trying to keepo it clean, the tub that spins you around wasn't working, adn whatever happened to the indoor coast that was a good one being inside in the dark runnign up down and all around. When we went the price I think from what I remeber was around 25 bucks if not more, then plus to park, to me that too much for what little stuff frontier has to offer for rides, and most are small aand outdated. It would be nice if they would buy the land to west of the park and devolop that adn make the park bigger, get bigger rides, and have better shows likew what six flags in texas has at arlinington. I get real bored real fast if I go to frontier city anymore.

Patrick
10-02-2006, 09:54 AM
What, they don't have the nightmare rollercoaster anymore? That was one of my favorite rides.

ChristianConservative
10-02-2006, 10:03 AM
Anyone have any news on the sale of Frontier City? I've given some consideration into purchasing it myself, but haven't had a chance to contact Six Flags.

Luke
10-02-2006, 12:49 PM
Anyone have any news on the sale of Frontier City? I've given some consideration into purchasing it myself, but haven't had a chance to contact Six Flags.

Well, get on it man!

Corporate Office Manager
Six Flags
1540 Broadway
15th floor
New York, NY, United States 10036
Phone: 212-652-9409

SoonerDave
10-02-2006, 01:03 PM
I guess this implies that the "sale" we read about a few months back never really happened and/or fell through?

-SoonerDave

Luke
10-02-2006, 01:05 PM
Don't know.

I was posting the information so ChristianConservative could make an offer.

dirtrider73068
10-02-2006, 03:43 PM
What, they don't have the nightmare rollercoaster anymore? That was one of my favorite rides.

Nope out of the 2 or 3 times I went there it was fenced off and you couldn't get in on it. I liked that ride too it was cool being indoors in the dark. If six flags supposed bought frontier then some changes are in order. They need to upgrade that park and make it better or over time its going to be history.

okcpulse
10-02-2006, 06:45 PM
It would be nice if they would buy the land to west of the park and devolop that adn make the park bigger, get bigger rides, and have better shows likew what six flags in texas has at arlinington.

Frontier City does own the land to the west, about 80 acres. And Six Flags is selling Frontier City. Nothing will happen to the park until we learn of new owners.

ChristianConservative
10-02-2006, 07:15 PM
Nope out of the 2 or 3 times I went there it was fenced off and you couldn't get in on it. I liked that ride too it was cool being indoors in the dark. If six flags supposed bought frontier then some changes are in order. They need to upgrade that park and make it better or over time its going to be history.

Why leave a fence around it? If they aren't using the ride any longer, demolish it.

dirtrider73068
10-02-2006, 08:11 PM
Thats what I thought, I figured it was being repaired, but to come back a second and third time and still not works, then why was it still there. They could take it down to make room for another ride.

rxis
10-05-2006, 01:00 AM
Six Flags has Frontier City up for auction so perhaps that is the reason they don't give a rat's bleep.