View Full Version : Gourmet Gallery hosts food tasting event

metro
09-28-2006, 11:54 AM
Gourmet Gallery to host free food tastings

By Tricia Pemberton
The Oklahoman

EDMOND -- Gourmet Gallery, 1532 S Boulevard, will celebrate its fifth anniversary with free tasting parties Friday and Saturday.
From 4 to 7 p.m. Friday, "Made in Oklahoma" products will be on the table. From 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday, products from national vendors will be offered.

Smoked meats, grilling sauces, seasonings, rubs, cookies, nuts and more are on the sampling menu. The store will also offer a 20 percent discount on all products during the two-day event.

"People will get new ideas for entertaining or gift giving or just ways to be good to themselves," co-owner Janet McDonald said.

McDonald owns Gourmet Gallery with Cindy Utecht.

The store carries hundreds of specialty food products -- from vendors such as Lovera's in Krebs, which supplies cheeses, summer sausages, marinades and rubs; to a new line of Barefoot Contessa products, such as cake mixes, frostings and pie fillings.

Gourmet Gallery offers free samples of different products every Saturday. It also has a 270-member Gourmet Club. For $25 a month (plus tax and shipping if applicable) members receive a monthly selection of products, from pastas, condiments, pestos and sauces to chocolate and confections. Most come with recipes and serving selections. Members also receive 10 percent off on all purchases in the store and invitations to member-only tastings, dinners and trips.

In October, Gourmet Gallery staff will take their first wine country tour through Northern California.

The store also does a great deal of corporate business and offers gift baskets for the holidays and other special occasions, including mailing and delivery service.

McDonald and Utecht get many of their products from local vendors and from annual visits to the Fancy Food Show in New York.

"We're always looking for new products. Our purpose is to have things you can't find in a traditional grocery store, Utecht said.

Gourmet Gallery is open from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Friday and 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday.

For more information, call 715-3663 or visit www.thegourmetgallery.com.

Martin
09-30-2006, 10:03 PM
cooking is one of my many hobbies... so i went to gourmet gallery today as a result of reading this post. i've gotta say that i was a bit disappointed. while having a great selection, most of what they had was upscale ready-made products. stuff lke pre-packaged rubs & marinades, boxed mixes, sauces. as far as top-shelf raw ingredients i felt that the place was lacking. they did have a good selection of oils and vinegars, though. while i'm glad i visited this place, i think i'll still take my money to international pantry in norman. -M