View Full Version : How do I go about.......

dirtrider73068
09-22-2006, 08:03 PM
...asking a girl if she would like to be my friend and hang out with me. Its like this I know who this girl is, I think she will remember me, I know her from one of the guys at work its his stepdaughter. I like her from when I have been around her. The last I knew she was about 17 I think and was getting or have gotten her DL so I know she can drive now. I know where she works at, and have been trying to track her down to talk to her, maybe in hopes she doesn't have a boyfriend. Do I just walk up and ask her, do I walk up and ask if she is hitched with somebody, or do I have somebody go up for me and talk with her and say there is somebody interested in her and would like to know if she would want to be with me? It has been about 3 years since I have seen her, she did tell a companion of mine she moved out 3 years ago so I do know she has to have her own place, her own car,and works, the only thing is does she have a BF? I do know that she is a hot gal too, she was 3 years ago was still hot, and I was told tonight she is still hot if not smoking hot now. What do I do? How do I approach her? What do I say that will get her attention to be my friend and not scream "despreate" and scare her away. I do hope if I get the courage to talk to her she will go for it, it helps me cause I already know who she is, and what she is like, or was since about 3 years ago.

Karried
09-22-2006, 09:49 PM
Think of the song.. " slow down, take it easy" .. but you do have something in common.. you know her .. that is a great opening line.. other than that, take it very slow. But, just because she is 'hot' doesn't mean you'll automatically want to be with her.. and she is young.

Act casual.. 'so, what do you do for fun? where do you hang out? ... in her answer, she might mention a BF, if not, greenlight means go.. as is go slowwwwww...... good luck!

dirtrider73068
09-23-2006, 01:38 PM
Would it hurt to ask if she has a boyfriend though? Or should I try to casually string into that line and let her answer on her own.

Karried
09-23-2006, 01:46 PM
If you start the conversation with that question 'Do you have a BF'? She will then think that is that all you are interested in and not a friendship first.

If she is in a relationship, you'll know soon enough.. approach this as getting a new friend, that will take the pressure off and you'll be more relaxed.

dirtrider73068
09-23-2006, 01:49 PM
Oh ok didn't think of it like that, the last girl I tried picking up as a friend I just asked her if she like motorcycles and such, she ask why all the questions, told her I wanted to take her out for a ride sometime. Though she seemed excited and willing she never fell through with it, and I never spoke with her again.

Curt
09-23-2006, 03:36 PM
Yah if you just want to hang out as friends and see where it will go from there I wouldnt ask her if she is seeing anyone...but maybe offer her your number and leave the ball in her court...give her time to think about it. I know how hard it is to take it slow when you want something like this but be patient.

dirtrider73068
09-24-2006, 06:32 PM
Well I got the courage to talk to her today and catch her at work. She didn't remember me at first till I gave her some hints of people I work around, untill I mentioned working with her dad.Told her that me and my other half split up for the time being, she said her and her boyfriend of 3 years have been fighting, over some simple matters, so he may be out the door, I asked her if she would like to hangout some time, she took my number so its in her court now, so I will just see what happens, and only pray that maybe she will call me at to talk or something, if she does then I know she has some interest in me at least. She did look tired and worm out from work, I do know that I can't get my hopes cause this may not pan out, but if it does it would be great to have her as friend and to hang out with.

Midtowner
09-24-2006, 06:45 PM
She's 17, you're 30. You're seriously wanting to hook up with a girl who is almost half your age?

sweetdaisy
09-24-2006, 06:50 PM
I was struggling with that, too...if I deciphered the OP correctly, I think she's 20 now?

dirtrider73068
09-24-2006, 06:56 PM
No she is not 17, the last I knew 3 years ago I thought she was 17, she is 3 years older now, she should be 20 by now or even 21.

bandnerd
09-24-2006, 07:03 PM
Still, though, a 10 year difference at 20 and 30 is a big difference...are you really sure about this girl?

dirtrider73068
09-24-2006, 07:08 PM
Yea why not I was with a woman a short while that was 16 years older than me.

bandnerd
09-24-2006, 07:12 PM
To me, the difference between 30 and 20 is striking...but to each, his/her own. I personally wouldn't be able to date anyone much younger than I am at this point in my life.

Curt
09-24-2006, 07:22 PM
Age to me doesnt matter so much as compatibility...true someone in their 20's wouldnt have much in common with someone in their 40's...and that is extreme I know but was just using that as an example....the older you get the less age difference becomes. At 44 though I have to admit I'd not be interested in a woman who is 55 just as a woman who is 25 wouldnt be interested in me...and thats all good.

Midtowner
09-24-2006, 08:47 PM
Yea why not I was with a woman a short while that was 16 years older than me.

Call her up, ask her out to lunch. If she's interested, she goes. Hang out, test for compatibility. If you think y'all have a connection, ask the girl out on a date.

If she shoots you down, you're no worse off than you are if you never tried.

May the force be with you.

sweetdaisy
09-24-2006, 08:48 PM
I personally wouldn't be able to date anyone much younger than I am at this point in my life.

I'd hope not...Midtowner might have a bit of an issue with it. ;)

bandnerd
09-24-2006, 08:49 PM
haha :poke: