View Full Version : In this thread, we post where we ate, what we ate and how the food was...

Midtowner
10-22-2004, 12:21 PM
Today, I ate at Kamps around 26th and Classen (not exactly there, but in that area). I've eaten there every day except maybe once or twice this month.

Today, I had the Chicken Cordon Bleu sandwich and it was great.

I'd recommend their Reuben. They use some excellent quality corned beef (very good stuff), carmelized onions and this marble rye bread that is excellent. Two thumbs up for Kamps.

Yesterday, I ate at Interurban downtown in the UMB tower (ground floor). Was pretty decent. Had a Pollo Guapo sandwich.

Patrick
10-22-2004, 12:43 PM
Last night I ate at Poblano Grill, their newer restaurant at NW Expressway and Independence....next to Office Max. I'd probably give it an A overall. The food was fantastic. Not quite as good as Teds, in my opinion, but close.
I ordered a combination platter with 2 cheese enchiladas, 1 ground beef crispy taco, Mexican potatoes, and Refried Beans. The sopapillas were excellent as well.

By the way, Madison Pancake House, next door, is every bit as good as IHOP, and quite a bit cheaper. I'd recommend that you give it a shot for breakfast sometime. They also serve a full menu like IHOP.

Tomorrow night, the moderators and Todd are getting together at Olive Garden. I guess we'll have to give a report on Olive Garden.