View Full Version : Higher Intelligence ?

Karried
09-18-2006, 08:57 AM
Thread starter for discussion...

What does this mean (higher intelligence) and how is it different in believing in God?

Lekatt
09-18-2006, 01:53 PM
I use that term frequently, so I will explain what it means to me. (Pause) Well I thought I would explain, but not so easy when you try to put it into words.

Higher intelligence created our universe and everything in it, including all us humans. We are a part of this intelligent awareness having been created by it. It is without religious doctrine of any kind. It is a loving, compassionate, positive force. Because it is eternal we are also eternal.

I could go on for pages, but a simple definition is the best. The hows and whys are numerous and should be addressed one at a time.

The word God carries so much baggage, different for different folks, that it almost has no meaning at all. But I still use it when I think it appropriate.

Love

drumsncode
11-01-2006, 09:18 AM
LeKatt, there is a book called "The Power of Intention" by Wayne Dyer that touches on some of your same thoughts. It's an interesting read.

There's another book which blew me away, but it's a lot more tedious to read, called "The Field", by Lynne McTaggart. It shows how our knowledge of science is converging with religion. (at least that's what I got out of it)

ChristianConservative
11-01-2006, 01:25 PM
On the topic, I think God and higher power is the same thing. No discussions necessary.

MadMonk
11-01-2006, 06:59 PM
I take the term "higher intelligence" to mean a generic non-descript entity that is a "higher power" beyond our capability to completely understand. Not necessarily spritual in nature, it could be what we understand as a diety, (God, Allah, FSM, what have you), or perhaps some other form of "life" or existence beyond our understanding.

Lekatt
11-01-2006, 07:35 PM
LeKatt, there is a book called "The Power of Intention" by Wayne Dyer that touches on some of your same thoughts. It's an interesting read.

There's another book which blew me away, but it's a lot more tedious to read, called "The Field", by Lynne McTaggart. It shows how our knowledge of science is converging with religion. (at least that's what I got out of it)

Yes, Wayne Dyer is one of my favorite authors, I have read all of his material. His journey is an interesting one, how he went from Phd. in Psychology to the spiritual path he now walks.

There is a large group of spiritual people that don't go to church, or buy into traditional religions. Usually these people have had personal spiritual experiences. We follow a path of spiritual love and try to grow spiritually. It is a hard path, but very fulfilling.

I have yet to read "The Field." I have always believed that science and religion are not on different paths, just that they use radically different methods. In the end it is truth that counts, and those on the journey to truth will converge at the end.

Love

Lekatt
11-01-2006, 07:47 PM
I take the term "higher intelligence" to mean a generic non-descript entity that is a "higher power" beyond our capability to completely understand. Not necessarily spritual in nature, it could be what we understand as a diety, (God, Allah, FSM, what have you), or perhaps some other form of "life" or existence beyond our understanding.

When I use the term "higher power" I mean a being of Love and Compassion whom created everything in existence. It is very hard to describe, but the word God denotes religion and in the spiritual world that I know, religion is totally absence.

We humans have had many teachers of spirituality. At the beginning of all major religions we find one of these master teachers. Jesus, for instance, taught love and compassion, forgiveness and non-judgemental living. These are the core of spirituality. Without these teachings there could be no spirituality.

Love

Lekatt
11-01-2006, 07:49 PM
On the topic, I think God and higher power is the same thing. No discussions necessary.

Please don't take offense, but God is not a Christian. He loves everyone equally and holds all His children safe and secure.

Love

Midtowner
11-01-2006, 09:30 PM
http://img154.imageshack.us/img154/5559/comicsmyb7.gif

Patrick
11-02-2006, 04:03 PM
http://img154.imageshack.us/img154/5559/comicsmyb7.gif

Is it just me, or is this a blank post?

bandnerd
11-02-2006, 04:05 PM
It has a bizarro cartoon in it.

Keith
11-02-2006, 07:08 PM
Is it just me, or is this a blank post?
He thought he had a thought.LOL

Patrick
11-04-2006, 11:08 AM
Never mind. For some reason the computer up at the hospital wasn't allowing it to load.