View Full Version : Your Married Friends

Leon
09-17-2006, 09:00 AM
Do you all notice how your married friends and family tend to get along with their husbands/wives? Do they frequently seem bitter with each other or happy? How do they speak of their spouse when their spouse is not around, highly or critical? Should they be together?

Karried
09-17-2006, 10:11 AM
I find that after awhile if a couple doesn't get along.. we tend to stop socializing with them. It's too uncomfortable and awkward. For the most part, most of the couple friends we do things with, get along.. but like I've always heard.. no one knows what goes on behind closed doors!

Easy180
09-18-2006, 08:51 AM
Most married couples we try and hang out with annoy the hell out of us...It's either an overly jealous husband or a BLAND wife that sucks the fun out of every activity no matter how fun it should be

We have one couple we enjoy hanging out with and it's safe to say that's about it unfortunately...And I'm sure none of our friends have anything bad to say about us :kicking:

Keith
09-18-2006, 05:37 PM
we meet couples all the time at our church, and all we have to do is watch them for a while. We aren't the perfect couple, even after 25 years, but I feel life is too short to spend time with a bickering couple.

There are couples at church that we would go anywhere with, and there are those that we try to stay away from. When my wife and I go visit a couple, we are on our best behavior. If something is said that shouldn't be said, we just let it go and discuss it after we leave.

It is rather awkward when you are with a couple and they start arguing and fighting.....not a pretty scene. My next move is to find an exit.

kellekokid
09-18-2006, 09:07 PM
I have a couple of "couple" friends that are just obviously the right person for the other. They are great people yet have some odd ways about them that I just don't think anyone else could tolerate it. One couple used to only communicate in raised angry voices but somehow it works for them...they are still happily married 20 years later, and luckily don't yell so much cause boy was that uncomfortable!