View Full Version : Mark Lowry to Perform at Falls Creek

Keith
09-14-2006, 07:30 PM
If people evolved from apes, why are there still apes? How do you know when it’s time to tune your bagpipes? What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

While the parent of any 5-year-old child answers similar questions all day every day, you really don't expect them to come from a 47-year old man. Welcome to the inquisitive world of Christian comedian Mark Lowry.

Best known for his 13 years with the Gaither Vocal Band, writer of the modern Christmas classic "Mary Did You Know?" and his antics with Bill Gaither during Gaither Homecoming concerts, Lowry is bringing his "God is Crazy About You" tour to Falls Creek Conference Center from 10 a.m.-1:30 p.m., Wednesday, Oct. 11.

Sponsored by the Baptist Foundation of Oklahoma, Falls Creek and Baptist Village Retirement Communities, the event will be held in the conference center’s covered Amphitheater. A hot lunch will be served by BGCO Disaster Relief Units. Tickets, which include lunch, are $15 if purchased by Oct. 2 and $25 after that date and at the gate. The Falls Creek gate will open at 8 a.m. the day of the concert.

A native of Houston, Lowry was born two months premature, prompting his mother to dedicate him to the Lord. By the age of 11 he was being dressed by his mother in an American flag to sing patriotic songs before thousands of people where one concert resulted in his first recording contract.

He became a Christian at the age of 14 while attending church camp.
The theme, "God is Crazy About You," comes from Matthew 11:28-30 in Eugene Peterson's The Message which ends with ". . . Keep company with me, and you'll learn to live freely and light."

"Anybody who loves you enough to die for you is in your corner," Lowry stated during a recent printed interview, "And I try to find stories from my own life to prove that point.

"If people go to marklowry.com, they can read the e-mails we've been getting from people who've been to the concert," he continued. "It's been a life-changing event for some people. I love to hear about people who thought God couldn't use them, that God was through with them because of their circumstances, and then they discover this whole side of who God is. God has always used freaks, frauds and failures.

He never picks people who have it all together. Look at who Jesus chose to be His disciples! A bunch of lowlifes--and they turned the world upside down."

In addition to Lowry, the day’s events will include music from Oklahoma based groups The Crossmen, Sweet Harmony and Master's Voice, as well as LordSong and Stan Whitmire, who travel with Lowry.

"The Baptist Foundation of Oklahoma is delighted to join with BVRC and Falls Creek to bring Mark Lowry to Oklahoma," said Robert Kellogg, BFO President. "Bring your hankies," he advised, "We're going to laugh a lot. We’re going to cry a little. In fact, we’ll probably laugh until we cry!"

To order tickets, log onto the Foundation’s website at www.bfok.org (http://www.bfok.org/) or call 866/882-0622.

http://www.baptistmessenger.com/images/stories/2006/0914/lowryfront.jpg
Mark Lowry