View Full Version : Most Recent Book?

Karried
09-09-2006, 08:28 AM
I'm tired of seeing' Karried is a vip' cuz I'm so not a vip....so I'm starting a new thread..

I just finished The Zero Game by Brad Meltzer and Broken Prey... what have you all been reading providing you have the time? Just getting back from vacation so I had some time to read.. what did you last read?

okiemom
09-09-2006, 08:37 AM
Don't laugh but I'm reading Eragon. My youngest son loved that book so much that told him I would give it a try. Now, I'm looking forward to seeing the moving.

Karried
09-09-2006, 09:01 AM
I haven't heard of that one yet... but it reminded me of Aragorn from Lord of the Rings ( who I love!!!) LOL http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/4865/aragornxq3.jpg

Midtowner
09-09-2006, 09:32 AM
Civil Procedure I think...

Fiction though, it'd be Tom Clancy's "Red Storm Rising."

writerranger
09-09-2006, 09:34 AM
Karried,

I just finished up Joseph Finder's latest, Killer Instinct. It was as good, or better than, Paranoia.

I also finished reading Michael Connelly's The Poet for the second time. Rarely do I read novels twice, but I made an exception. That was a great book.

-------------

Karried
09-09-2006, 11:46 AM
Has anyone ever read Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett - that's a book I've read a few times and it is a loonnnggg novel.. but it is amazing...I think there is a sequel in the works. I'm going to read it again and then read the sequel when it comes out. I love to read but don't get to very often anymore.

I'll have to get The Poet.

I also just finished Whiteout by Ken Follett as well. It was so-so..

MadMonk
09-09-2006, 02:17 PM
Just finished a book called "Warlord:No Better Friend, No Worse Enemy" by Ilario Pantano. A true account of a Marine's journey from 9/11 through his hearing on Murder charges in Iraq. Very interesting read.

I'm in the middle of "The Five People You Meet in Heaven". My wife has it and I was bored and started reading it last weekend. It's pretty short and I'm almost through it. Not a bad read if your're into that kind of story.

okiemom
09-09-2006, 07:16 PM
Karried, it's the first book in the Inheritance Trilogy. It was written by a teenager named Christopher Paolini.
(Paolini became a New York Times bestselling author at nineteen when he wrote the first book in the series "Eragon.)

Karried
09-09-2006, 07:33 PM
okiemom,

Of course, The Dragon books! The first spelling threw me off - I had forgotten.. my son read that last year but I didn't connect the dots .. I'll have to read that one. I love to read and I'll read anything.. but I can't seem to find the time anymore. But, it is one of my favorite things to do and I need to make time for it.

We should start a book exchange, I'll mail you mine and you mail me yours kind of thing ..

A teenager, isn't that cool? I always wanted to write a novel - something that someone would actually want to read lol ..but, I love hearing the success of writers..
(Harry Potter? Sheesh, can you imagine? )

Karried
09-09-2006, 07:38 PM
Madmonk, that book is actually pretty interesting.. The Five People.. it's amazing how it shows how life events can be connected without us even knowing it.

fromdust
09-12-2006, 06:13 PM
im trying to get through a book called "pirate" by ted bell. awesome book, i just dont have a whole lot of time on my hands.

drumsncode
09-13-2006, 07:55 AM
The Field: The Quest for the Secret Force of the Universe by Lynne McTaggart

A strange and amazing book, available on Amazon.com

It shows the convergence of science and religion.

sweetdaisy
09-13-2006, 09:46 AM
I've got 5 books going right now. 4 of them deal with dogs/dog training/integrating a dog into a cat household. Really exciting stuff, I tell you.

Other book is about Ronald Regan - "When Character Was King". Borrowed from a friend at work...what a great tribute to a great man. :)

Karried
11-14-2007, 04:12 PM
Ha, I heard Oprah recommended Pillars of the Earth today for her Book Club.

She was raving about this book and I have to agree.

I've loved this book forever. It's long but so worth the read. Has anyone else read it?

PennyQuilts
11-14-2007, 05:19 PM
I read it a long time ago. I liked it.

Right now, I'm reading the second book in the Outlander series.

teacher girl
11-15-2007, 09:13 PM
i can't remember the name, but it was "tagged" or something quite clever, I am sure.

it was about what REALLY happens when people "donate" their bodies to science after death!!! I really enjoyed it, but then again, i am very morbid!!

solitude
11-15-2007, 09:44 PM
The Journals of Thomas Merton. I'm on Volume Three.
I also just finished the latest mystery from Stephen White.

amandagall5
11-16-2007, 04:41 AM
The most recent books that I have read include John Sanford's "Dark Side of the Moon" and James Lee Burke's "Tin Roof Blow Down". I am currently reading Dennis LeHane"s "Gone Baby Gone", which is very promising. I have also recently listened to Faye Kellerman's "Burnt House".

MadMonk
11-17-2007, 03:37 PM
I've just started Stephen King's "The Green Mile". I've seen the movie and I'm just now getting around to the book.

cindyl57
11-25-2007, 08:41 AM
Just finished Nora Roberts "Blue Smoke"...First time I read her. Was suprised at the amount of books she has written. I enjoyed this book.

I love the Kathy Reichs "Bones Series..." She has a newer one out that I have got to read...
If you like "Bones" you will love her books...But the Character in the Book and the Character in the TV series has the same name...pretty much the same occupation, but they are two different characters.. I personally like the one in the Book better..
She is more "cough Cough" my age and she has more history and "character" than Temperance on TV...

Even if you don't like Bones the series, You will probably like her books.
And even if you don't start with the first book...they are good...but I do recommend that you start with the first one...Because as the Character grows, so does the author...

Another good Author and I consider a personal friend is Diane Chamberlain.
She does write Romance Novels, but they are more than a "Harlequin Romance" style novel...

Right now I am reading "Lipstick Jungle"...I believe I have read that they are making a movie from this book??? I think..lol

Cindy

Midtowner
11-25-2007, 09:15 AM
If you don't count school books, then I'm currently piddling through "The Sum of All Fears" by Clancy.

Authors I would recommend would probably fall upon deaf ears. My favorite book of all time is War & Peace followed by Rand's Atlas Shrugged.

betts
11-25-2007, 03:17 PM
I'm rereading "King Hereafter" by Dorothy Dunnett for perhaps the fifth time. It's the real story of Macbeth, at least according to her extensive research and some novelization. She's one of the best writers I've ever read, and this might be the best piece of historical fiction ever written.

ad47aw
11-25-2007, 08:54 PM
"For One More Day" by Mitch Albom. Depressing. :lame:

Misty
11-27-2007, 01:11 PM
I'm half way through Ender's Game. I like it.

bvilleokie
11-27-2007, 03:01 PM
Simply Genius by David Baldacci. Very good so far.