View Full Version : What is that Family Entertainment Cent by the highway?

ETL
09-03-2006, 10:52 PM
What is that Family Entertainment Cent by the highway?

mranderson
09-04-2006, 09:52 AM
There are a lot of highways and freeways in the metro. Which one are you refering to? And excatly where?

I doubt your question can be answered without more information.

soonerliberal
09-04-2006, 10:24 AM
I think the one ETL is talking about is at Indian Hills and I-35 right in between Moore and Norman.

ETL
09-04-2006, 11:32 AM
Yes that is the one. Sorry about that, it was late and it was one of those deals where you think it, but it doesn’t make it ouy your mouth.

Nuclear_2525
09-04-2006, 09:00 PM
I believe it is the new building for Journey church

soonerliberal
09-04-2006, 10:25 PM
I believe it is the new building for Journey church

No... that building is down at Tecumseh and I-35 in a similar position. There is a sign along the freeway at Indian Hills saying "family entertainment center". I think it claimed to include mini-golf, laser tag, and a couple other things. I couldn't read much going 75 mph.

ETL
09-12-2006, 03:21 PM
Plans Announced For Entertainment Center
Two Norman partners have announced plans to build and equip a $2 million family entertainment center to appeal to Norman and metro area residents.

Attorney Brad Little and soccer coach Geo Claros said "HeyDay Entertainment" will be built on a three acre tract west of I-35 and north of Indian Hill Road. The location is in Commerce Parkway, a business park planned by Norman developer Trey Bates.

The 13,000-square-foot entertainment center will have an arcade with video and redemption games, a large party room area and space for food service. More than half the center will be taken up by a two-level laser tag arena.

The building is designed by Norman architect Mark Krittenbrink. It will have distinguishing vertical and horizontal features to make it easily recognized by passing motorists, Little said.

"Kids complain of nothing to do in Norman," Little said. "But there's plenty of entertainment in larger cities like Dallas and Kansas City. Norman deserves quality entertainment like what we're planning."

Claros, who has coached youth soccer teams in Norman for several years, will be general manager of the center. "We've researched this concept for two years," he said. "We traveled to eight states and found vendors that are the best in the business." He said, for instance, the vendor for the laser tag equipment also serves game centers in New York City's Times Square and other major entertainment centers in Las Vegas, Dallas and Houston.

"We will be constantly reinvesting in equipment to ensure the HeyDay experience keeps getting better year after year," Claros said. The center will be staffed by over 20 part-time high school employees from Norman and Moore, he said, and an off-duty policeman will be employed at the center at night.

Plans for the entertainment center extend to outside venues, including a 36-hole miniature golf course with rolling terrain, streams, waterfalls and extensive landscaping.

Besides catering to daily traffic, the entertainment center will host such events as birthday parties, team parties and youth groups, Little said. He said the facility also will be reserved for business meetings, corporate team building and fundraising programs.

Bates said the HeyDay project will benefit from strong demographics by virtue of its accessibility from I-35 and Highway 77 and its proximity to the rest of the metro area. It will be built within about a mile of a new 23-screen movie theatre in Moore (what is this?) and a new Moore high school. He said HeyDay will be "a high quality destination attraction that will complement other upscale projects planned for Commerce Parkway."

Little, an attorney for the State of Oklahoma, has been actively involved in Norman youth programs. He said he has been working with two banks for the financing. Construction bids are expected to be let in about 30 days, he said, with completion expected by around late fall.

Copyright © 1999-2005 cnhi, inc.

soonerliberal
09-12-2006, 08:44 PM
sounds great!

traxx
09-15-2006, 03:34 PM
Someone help me, what are redemption games? And by fall does he meand this fall?

metro
09-18-2006, 12:31 PM
Redemption games just means games that you get tickets for playing or something similar to that and them redeem them for prizes, etc. Yes, I'm guessing this fall. I'm guessing with a fairly open layout, construction wouldn't take too long.

okyboy
09-28-2006, 05:07 PM
I believe this project has been put on a temporary hold due to financing.

ETL
10-01-2006, 10:25 AM
I believe this project has been put on a temporary hold due to financing.

How long is temporary, and where does your info. come from.

Spartan
10-01-2006, 01:10 PM
There are a lot of highways and freeways in the metro. Which one are you refering to? And excatly where?

I doubt your question can be answered without more information.

Well you know this is the Norman Forum.

mranderson
10-01-2006, 01:21 PM
Well you know this is the Norman Forum.

It does not matter which forum it is. Regardless of which part of the metro it is, there are a lot of freeways and the one to which a person is refering should be cited.

Spartan
10-01-2006, 08:30 PM
Well the chances of construction on the West Kilpatrick of coming up in this forum is unlikely.

okyboy
10-02-2006, 01:38 PM
How long is temporary, and where does your info. come from.

Hi - This is just part of the rumor mill. I have very little facts on this complex. The sign has been up for quite sometime with little dirt being turned. This would correlate with the rumor.

From the description of the property it would appear to be a plus for the neighborhood. Kinda like a celebration station thing. Coupled with the large theatre and retail explosion along I-35 this sorta thing may actually benefit the area.

ETL
10-02-2006, 05:37 PM
:tiphat: Thank you!