View Full Version : Mighty Men of God

Keith
09-03-2006, 06:38 PM
Mighty Men of God Conference
Sept. 15th & 16th

South Lindsay Baptist Church, located at 3300 S. Lindsay, Okla. City, is hosting a conference for men and young men that can literally change the culture of South Oklahoma City for a generation. It is Might Men of God and is led by Dr. David Freed. Dr. Freed is from Orlando, Florida and is former Vice President of Promise Keepers International.

The conference is Friday evening and Saturday morning September 15 -16th. Six hours of intense reflection on Biblical principals for men.

Plan to attend yourself and sponsor a boy. Contact the church office at 631-8681 for further information or via the internet at www.mightymen.org (http://www.mightymen.org/)

Midtowner
09-05-2006, 12:20 PM
So this is better than Promise Keepers?

Keith
09-05-2006, 06:48 PM
So this is better than Promise Keepers?
I have no idea. It is all the same concept, and they have similar materials, however, Promise Keepers was always held in a stadium, or something big to hold 10's of thousands of men. Men from all over the U.S. would attend.

Mighty Men of God is more localized. Since the seminar is being held at our church, we are only advertising locally, in the OKC area. They don't advertise like Promise Keepers did, and their seminars are held in local churches. Plus, they don't provide a dinner on Friday night and a breakfast and lunch on Saturday morning.

As a matter of fact, the only thing we will get in the way of a meal is a continental breakfast on Saturday morning.

Doesn't matter to me....I am looking forward to it.