View Full Version : Oh, The Irony! -- Mick's Campaign Signs

writerranger
08-31-2006, 06:50 PM
I was driving all over Northwest Oklahoma City today and noticed how most of the campaign signs of the runoff losers are gone. Except for one candidate who has signs all over this part of town: Mayor Mick Cornett. In fact, if Mick takes the logical route to his home each night, he would be passing dozens of these signs! Mick, how about showing a little leadership and pick up your signs? You could pick some of them up yourself. I find it ironic that over a week after the runoff his signs are illegally all over the city in which he is Mayor. I have no problem with political signs during the campaign - I've made that clear around here. But really, there's no excuse for him to not have his signs picked up by now - of all people.

----

PUGalicious
09-01-2006, 04:28 AM
:congrats::congrats::congrats:
I wholeheartedly agree. The mayor of all people should follow his city's own ordinances.

metro
09-01-2006, 12:01 PM
I agree. What a poor sign of leadership. Mick has really dropped the ball the last 6 months. Anyone know what he is up to lately? Hopefully he's back working for the city now.

Patrick
09-01-2006, 09:47 PM
Mick has really disappointed me as well. I really think he pulled his first stunt when he endorsed Istook. I still like Mick, it's just recent issues like this that makes me wonder where his committment is at this time. I know he says he's committed to Oklahoma City, and I think he is, but I also think he's had his mind elsewhere lately.

metro
09-05-2006, 12:58 PM
The ironic thing is Mick endorsed Istook but Istook did not endorse Mick. Why?? Because he probably needs whoever the GOP nominee is (now Mary Fallin unfortunately) to endorse him.