View Full Version : gauchos

traemac
08-28-2006, 10:15 AM
did this place close down?

metro
08-28-2006, 12:50 PM
If you are talking about Gaucho's Grill on NW Expressway, it is not closed down. There is already a food review thread of this restaurant. If you're talking about somewhere else, please clarify.

Easy180
08-28-2006, 01:05 PM
Would be surprising...Wife and I really enjoyed it when we went a few months back

It appears their lunch crowd is pretty weak when I drive by a couple times a week, but don't know what their dinner traffic is like

traemac
08-28-2006, 01:44 PM
yes i am talking about gauchos grill on nw expressway there appears to be a for lease sign on the window, last i heard it was closed for remodeling now it looks as if its closed for good

escan
08-28-2006, 03:24 PM
When I went it was aweful.....dry meat, really poor sides and the atmosphere was horrible. I wouldn't be surprised at all....we never returned.

Midtowner
08-28-2006, 03:28 PM
It was sort of a poor man's fogo de chao.

Maybe we can get the real thing now?

CowboyConservative
08-30-2006, 12:46 AM
For some reason restaurants are not doing to well in that area.

Olive Garden closed and moved to Penn Square, the former Blacked Eyed Pea set vacant for a year until Autozone bought it and remodeled it. The Chinese restaurant has changed names several times and it remains closed. I would not be surprised if that area is like Broadway Extension in some areas.(The traffic is so impossible to navigate people just do not go there to eat.) Then again all the new restaurants going in on Expressway and on Memorial may be causing over saturation.

I myself am looking forward to Interurban on Memorial opening up. If the Sunday brunch is good me and the Mrs. will be regulars. We drive down to Marie Callender's in Norman every other Sunday for brunch. It sure would be nice not have to drive so far for a good Sunday brunch.

Midtowner
08-31-2006, 10:16 AM
Museum Cafe -- best Sunday brunch in town.

CowboyConservative
08-31-2006, 06:27 PM
I would give it a try but, I am just not into the downtown thing. Drive around forever to find a good spot and when you do it cost $10 to park.

I prefer my drive to Norman anyday over downtown. I can park at the door for free. I can go to home depot and take the wife to the mall if she desires.

bandnerd
08-31-2006, 07:35 PM
Um, have you ever been downtown on a Sunday? It's really very easy to park. There's always street parking within a block of the museum, and there's a lot right across the street and I'm pretty sure they don't charge on weekends.

What is it with this city and people not being willing to walk a little bit? I like to walk a little after a big meal, helps me digest and I don't feel so guilty!

Easy180
08-31-2006, 07:58 PM
Does the museum cafe have a drive-thru? :chef:

bandnerd
08-31-2006, 08:44 PM
Yes they throw teeny little muffins at you.