View Full Version : Fisher moving to west coast

Keith
10-19-2004, 12:32 PM
Well, it looks like we will get rid of Carroll Fisher since he got himself a new job in California. I don't know who hired him, but they evidently did not check his background out. Anyway, he still faces 3 felony charges here in Oklahoma. I did not realize you could move out of state if you have felony charges against you in Oklahoma.

He got impeached, but I'll bet he never spends a day in jail. That ain't right :mad: .

Fisher plans to take job in California

By Nolan Clay
The Oklahoman

A state grand jury worked more Monday on its investigation of former Oklahoma Insurance Commissioner Carroll Fisher, who is planning to move to California.
Today, grand jurors will help look into the death of a University of Oklahoma fraternity pledge.

Fisher, a Tulsa Democrat, already faces three felony charges as a result of the grand jury's probe. He resigned Sept. 24 rather than face a Senate ouster trial.

Fisher has accepted a job in Southern California and will be moving there soon, his attorney, Robert L. Wyatt IV, said Monday.

Grand jurors are checking into Fisher's dealings with Texas businessman Gene Phillips.

Ron Akin, a Phillips associate, was scheduled to testify Monday but did not show up. His attorney said Akin, a Texan, had not been properly ordered to appear.

Grand jurors Monday did hear from David Momper, a real estate agent with RE/MAX Executives in Tulsa. Fisher's wife, Karen, is a real estate agent there.

Grand jurors are assisting in the investigation of the OU death at the urging of prosecutors in Cleveland County. About six witnesses may appear today

mranderson
10-19-2004, 01:39 PM
I wonder if he is looking at short term housing. He may do time in club fed.

Midtowner
10-20-2004, 09:24 AM
Isn't the saying "Good riddance to bad rubbish"?

mranderson
10-20-2004, 09:42 AM
Yes. However, I wish Texas was getting the creep instead of California. California is too good of a state to get a jerk like him.

Midtowner
10-20-2004, 03:52 PM
Who knows..? Who really cares? I'm not sure whether he's just extremely stupid, or if he had criminal intent. What I know is that he accepted gifts he should have. I have no idea what these people got in return. For the answer to that which I am unsure of, I'd have to know what the quo in the quid pro quo was.