View Full Version : Flight Redirected

Karried
08-25-2006, 05:43 PM
Okay, all day today I've seen reports of numerous flights being re-directed due to one reason or another.. and lo and behold... we are on national news OKC! Flight from AZ to NC stops here - passengers have to sit on the runway for three hours ... unruly passenger.. could it be a terrorist??

Turns out, according to the TV news report..

Flight diverted - woman refuses to stop DOING HER NAILS!!!!!!!

Midtowner
08-25-2006, 08:05 PM
Yeah, that's a little paranoid right there.

Was it Joel Osteen's wife?

Karried
08-26-2006, 10:13 AM
lol.. I was waiting for that..

What I'm wondering is if this were true, how did she get nail polish onto the flight with all of the new liquid restrictions? That container could hypothetically contain enough explosive material to do some damage, right?

I don't know that much about it, for all I know, she was bothering fellow passengers with her incessant clipping and filing... hey they didn't specify which nails! Maybe she was giving herself a pedicure!

I'd throw off the damn plane myself if she was sitting next to me filing her bunions.. ha,ha

Luke
08-26-2006, 02:42 PM
Can you imagine what the security requirements will be 10 years from now?

"You must board the plane completely naked. And you must not have any carry ons or luggage. Purchase all clothing at destination."

Even then, someone will figure out how to make an edible bomb or something... jeez.

At what point will all the inconveniences of flying outweigh the conveniences of just driving? Especially regional flights? That would be an interesting study...