View Full Version : I-240 businesses

mranderson
10-19-2004, 10:44 AM
At least one new business is coming to the I-240 area.

The old Wal-Mart building was sold recently, and the strip center at 240 and Walker is being demolished. My mom thinks a Target Super Center is in the works.

Plus, the city council approved either a PUD or a SPUD for the area today. I missed what it was. The rotund one said it was for a "big box" of some kind and said the vacancy rate was declining.

Of course, one thing to remember is just about the only time he is telling the truth is when his mouth is closed... And that is quite rare.

Patrick
10-19-2004, 11:48 PM
I'll be interested to see what's moving in there. Keep us posted mranderson. I guess we should designate you as our offical "south side" reporter!

mranderson
10-20-2004, 09:36 AM
This is big.

PB Odom III and some other investors are building a new strip center near the NE corner of I-240 and Pennsylvania. The center will house the following. Pier one Imports, Michaels, Old Navy, Ross Dress for Less, Famous Footwear, Marshalls, Mardel, and Petsmart.

Michaels and Famous Footwear will relocate from Walnut Square and Petsmart from Southern Hills. These three I am not in favor of because the new locations will create more empty space. Maybe they should have signed Petco. Either that or allow Petco to take the current Petsmart location.

The total investment is said to be over 45 million dollars and should be open by the end of 2005. Construction is set to begin in November with the demolition of the former Wal-Mart building.

This is why it was sold. I just wonder what is going to replace the former supermarket at I-240 and Walker.

The new Target, although not announced, I bet is in the 12200 block of S. Western. My mom said she heard "north of SW 119 on Western."

The new center will be called 240 Penn Park.

mranderson
10-20-2004, 02:12 PM
Correction. My mom said SOUTH of SW 119. There is a farm that is in the 12200 block that is enough land for a supercenter. The sign still says the land is for sale, but the realtor may not have removed the sign or marked it sold.

The new center on 240 may look like Belle Isle and the one's across from Quail Springs and on Ed Noble Parkway in Norman. If so, expect to see places like Westies shoes, and several others in those strip centers. I bet the place is almost 100 percent leased by the time it opens.

A side note. I-240 has been named in memory of Keith Leftwich.

Patrick
10-20-2004, 03:30 PM
Thanks for the information mranderson. Yup, sounds like this new mega strip mall will be very much like Quail Springs Marketplace (the strip mall where Lowes, Michaels, Ulta, PetsMart, Old Navy, Ross, Office Depot, Akins, etc. is across from Quail Springs Mall), Belle Isle Station (where Wal-Mart Supercenter, Ross, Linens 'N. Things, Old Navy, Shoe Carnival, and Paper Warehouse are located), and Westgate Market Place (at Reno and MacArthur, where WalMart Super Center, Hobby Lobby, Ross, Show Carnival, Westies, Radio Shack, Office Depot, Home Depot, and Fireside Mountain are located).