View Full Version : Lost my beloved chihuahua

dirtrider73068
08-23-2006, 10:22 PM
I found my beloved best friend, chihuahua, named trooper tonight. Let the dogs out as useally for outside business, heard him bark a couple of times like he normally does when he is ready to come in, so I thought a few more minutes then I will let them in for the night, well the other two came inside but my tooper did not come when called. I was thinking he had got out again, but when I looked farther out in the yard I could see what looked weird like something laying in the yard, I Had to call to my second dog to come inside, he was licking on something, kept calling for trooper, when I went and check what was laying in the yard, well to my shock and hurt, it was my beloved trooper. I don't know what happened, no dog fights, they all got along, there was no evidence of him being hurt, was wet from my second dog licking on him like he was trying to wake him, he had been around trooper the longest so I know he is hurting just as bad as I am, my 3rd dog the newest to the family hasn't been so don't think he knows what is going on, but does know I am in distress and stays by my side. I never knew how hard it hurts to loose a family pet till now. Trooper was old when we got him age unknown, I had him for about 6 or 7 years. He is now resting in peace, doing what he loved, laying on the back of the couch or under the bed covers keeping warm.

To my beloved trooper, may you rest peace.

PUGalicious
08-24-2006, 04:36 AM
Our condolences, dirtrider. There are many here who can certainly sympathize. Wishing you well.

Karried
08-24-2006, 06:34 AM
ahh Dirtrider, I'm so sorry. It hurts so bad to lose a pet ...

mom2des_n_nate
08-24-2006, 03:08 PM
Sweety thats such a beautiful way to put it. I still can't believe he is gone..

Curt
08-24-2006, 03:11 PM
Sorry to hear the bad news...it is a hard thing to deal with

Lauri101
08-24-2006, 03:33 PM
Condolences, dirtrider

As a pet ownee, I know how hard it is to lose a beloved friend.

dirtrider73068
08-24-2006, 03:49 PM
Thanks everybody, it was hard to sleep last night, even after taking a sleeping pill to get my sleep schedule back on track, I kept waking up and looking for him, or wondering why I didn't feel him laying beside me. This is one that will take some time but hope it all gets better soon.

Karried
08-27-2006, 08:47 AM
Hey Dirtrider, how are you doing ? The first few days are so hard.. it does get a little easier over time... just checking on you! Hope you are doing okay.

dirtrider73068
08-27-2006, 10:07 AM
I am doing better now, but its still hard I still expect him to be around.

mranderson
08-27-2006, 10:41 AM
What I did when Holly died was to make a special tribute to her so I would remember her.

We cremated her and her urn is on a sofa table in our dining room along with some of her favorite things, some pictures of her and the sympathy cards I got when she died, along with a bible turned to my favorite passage.

In addition, I made a video slide show of her which I look at on occasion. After nearly a year, it still hurts to see it.

Dirt. It will take a long time to heal. Do it in your own way, and always remember. Your friend had a happy, and apparantly long life on earth. He is playing with the other dogs. I will tell Holly to find him and ask her to playu with him until you join him. Hopefully, in earth years, that will be a long time. Until then, he will be happy by watching over you and telling God and Jesus about you as well as asking them to guide you and comfort you.