View Full Version : Incredible Pizza

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5

cbduo
02-16-2005, 08:35 AM
Thanks for the tips on the PC schools. Where is Ralph Down Elementary located?

asta2
02-16-2005, 11:46 AM
I'm in advertsing sales and I called on the Incredible Pizza marketing guy. I have to say that I will go there simply based on the fact that he was such a nice guy. I call people all the time and get voice mail. Rarely do I get a response in a timely manner even if it's just to say no or maybe later. He called me back that day and was very polite and nice. It was so refreshing to have someone return a phone call even if they had no news for you. I want in on that opening party. May have to give him another call, lol.

cbduo
02-16-2005, 02:14 PM
Thanks for the nice words. . . he's my boss! You have made his day! Which was going a little rough today. His email is jsherrill@incrediblepizza.com and he'd like you to email him your name and address so he can personally invite you to the opening parties. Thanks! My life is easier when he has a good day (LOL)

K Mac
02-16-2005, 09:00 PM
I took my family to the Tulsa location last weekend & was very impressed with that store! The help really seemed to have the chaos there under control! My 11 year old & her friend went into stimulation overload instantly!I am in Janitorial Sales & can supply the touchless restroom products for your location. Who can I get in touch with to discuss things? Any help would be appreciated!

cbduo
02-16-2005, 09:23 PM
Larry Abbe, President of Incredible Pizza Company. He's usually in Springfield 417-887-3030 ext. 18 but he travels alot between all three locations. I believe he'll be in Springfield tomorrow. If you don't get a hold of him you can try ext. 4 and have a cashier transfer you. He's reelly busy with the store opening. He might even catch him onsite, but I'd try Springfield first. Let me know how it goes.

Karried
02-17-2005, 07:11 AM
Ralph Downs Elementary
7501 W. Hefner Road
Oklahoma City, OK 73162
Oklahoma County
Phone: (405) 721-4431

CB, you should go to greatschools.net - and compare schools, it is a wonderful place to get test scores, demographics and parent reviews... see you soon...Karrie

K Mac
02-17-2005, 07:46 PM
Thanks for your help today cbduo, unfortunately for me suppliers are locked in . It looks like everything is coming along well onsite , I can't wait to see it open! I must agree with Asta 2 everyone I dealt with today including Larry were very cordial & informative. Definately a very top notch company , glad to have ya'll as a part of our community!

Patrick
02-18-2005, 11:44 PM
Ralph Downs Elementary is probably the nicest simply because it's the newest. It feeds into Kenneth Cooper Middle School, one of the new middle schools, which feeds into PC North, the newest high school. I'd probably say though that most of the PC Schools are decent. I'd probably stay away from Hilldale, but that's over in the south Warr Acres area anyways, far away from Incredible Pizza.

I'm sure you've already done so, but if not, check out the PC Schools website: http://www.putnamcityschools.org/

okcpulse
02-18-2005, 11:50 PM
Won't go to Incredible Pizza. I have an aversion to 1950's music, which I heard they play over the speaker.

Jay
02-19-2005, 03:51 AM
The fifties music is only in the dining room. They play XM's 50's on 5.

In the game area they play christian music videos. I have to admit they were actually pretty good to listen to. They played rap, pop and rock it just had a christian flavor to the lyrics.

Patrick
02-19-2005, 07:58 PM
It's good to hear that they have a variety of music to listen to. Although I'm not a big fan of 50's music, I'm not opposed to listening to it. I'd say variety would be the key to attracting people of all ages to Incredible Pizza.

By the way, I noticed today that the support for the sign on NW Expressway is now in place.

cbduo
02-19-2005, 08:47 PM
I have checked out the website. Very well put together. I'll keep that area in mind when looking for a house. The upped the opening of the store. We now open to the general public one week sooner on Thursday May 12th.

Sooner&RiceGrad
02-20-2005, 11:54 PM
Won't go to Incredible Pizza. I have an aversion to 1950's music, which I heard they play over the speaker.

Oh... it'll be no differant from the "Boomerang" excessively themed restaurants!

Karried
03-13-2005, 01:09 PM
Wow, I saw the inside of the building yesterday and this thing is going to be massive! It is coming together so nicely!

They have a mini race track, bowling areas, party rooms, enormous ball pit/play areas, huge arcade areas - nothing is really in place yet but you can see where things are going to be. The paint is colorful and bright -the kids will be in heaven! I feel sorry for ChuckECheese down the street and poor McDonald's playland across the street will take a hit. I think this will be a wonderful success for OKC. I can't wait until the grand opening.

xrayman
03-13-2005, 04:44 PM
Based in Springfield! That's a very nice little city. Every time I go there I am amazed at all the chain restaurants for a city of that size. I later found out why. Springfield, according to their chamber, is the new "Peoria". Peoria, IL was once the test market capitol of the country because it epitomized the target demographics of retail and restaurants. Well, times change - that title now belongs to Springfield. New stores. concepts, menus, etc are very often rolled out first in Springfield, MO.....explains a lot!

Patrick
03-14-2005, 01:33 PM
I doubt ChuckECheese will see a huge drop in business. Incredible Pizza typically attracts a different crowd than ChuckECheese. ChuckECheese is geared more for younger children, whereas Incredible Pizza is geared more for older children and adolescents.

Still, it's a free market economy, so if ChuckECheese does take a hit, they always have the option to expand!

cbduo
03-14-2005, 03:27 PM
Just a quick note. . .ChuckECheese in Springfield did have to expand! Not to brag or anything. . .LOL! I'm a little biased! Looking forward to moving. . .my husband and I are coming down on the 28th of the month to house hunt. Looking for something north of the store. Let me know if anyone has any suggestions. Only renting!

metro
03-26-2005, 12:21 PM
I drove by yesterday, the front of the building was finally painted, bright blue, i hope they are going to add to it. I was able to sneak a peak into the front of the store, it looked fairly cavernous and still needed alot of work. It appeared dry wall was fixing to go up. CBDuo do you know if they are going to paint the entire building and also tear down the old fencing from the walmart garden center area??

cbduo
03-26-2005, 07:41 PM
I'll know more after Monday. But I do know the entire building should be blue and there will be several pillars on the front of the buiding with lights. A huge Incredible sign also will go on the front of the building above the front doors. I'm pretty sure the fencing will be tore down but not positive. We open on the 12th of May. Construction is right on target. Our Job Fair will be April 30th pass the word on!

Karried
03-26-2005, 09:38 PM
Talked to hubby, the new store front ( refacing ) will be started on Tuesday...... the Walmart fencing will be addressed in the near future - hopefully (?) Phase 2 will include a skating rink and laser tag. Can't wait until May 12th - cbduo - did you find your house?

Patrick
03-28-2005, 08:00 PM
Is Incredible Pizza still planning on leasing part of the building out to someone else, or are they going to use the entire space? I'm hoping they'll use the entire space in Phase II.

I just hope the parking lot is big enough!!!! :)

cbduo
03-29-2005, 07:26 AM
Incredible Pizza is indeed leasing out the old walmart garden side. We will not use that portion in our floor plan.

metro
04-02-2005, 04:48 PM
I drove by last Thursday and the sign was going up. It also appeared alot of the front facade was done too.

Jay
04-03-2005, 04:57 PM
Click on the link below If you would like to see photos of the new Warr Acres Incredible Pizza. I will post updated photos at least once a week or when something new is in place.

http://www.okctalk.com/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/228/sort/1/size/medium/cat/500/page/

cbduo
04-03-2005, 08:50 PM
oklacity75 . . . Please email these photos to me for our company scap book. carriemaire@yahoo.com. Still look for a house not have much luck. Anyone have a rental house for around $900.00 a month 3bedroom or 4?

Patrick
04-04-2005, 01:24 AM
Drove by Incredible Pizza over the weekend. The place is looking fabulous. I can't wait to see inside. This will be one awesome addition to the OKC market.

cbduo, I'll keep an eye out for you for houses.

Jay
04-08-2005, 10:44 PM
Hello folks.....I took some new photos of Incredible Pizza on Friday. Things are really coming along on the outside. If the weather cooperates I think the outside will be done in a couple of weeks.

http://www.okctalk.com/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=581

These pics will be available as soon as they are approved by the mods.

I just hope all is going well on the inside. I will take a few pictures every Friday or Saturday until they complete the outside.

I think everyone in the city will enjoy this place. I expect them to have a record turnout especially since the opening is near the end of the school year.

I'm not sure if anyone mentioned it but, I think the one in Tulsa held lockins. If the Oklahoma City location does this you can gurantee every church youth group will be lining up to use this place. Even if they do not hold lockouts. I can imagine churches will be planning many youth outings to Incredible Pizza.

Jay
04-15-2005, 11:32 AM
http://www.okctalk.com/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/263/sort/1/cat/500/page/1
__________________________________________________ _______________

Incredible Pizza rolling into town with bowling, other games

By Tricia Pemberton
Business Writer

Danny Mullen stopped midtour this week to try out a new bowling lane in the Incredible Pizza franchise he is building with partner L.R. (Robin) French III.

Mullen's shot curved in a wide arc before knocking down about five pins. By May 12 -- opening day -- he hopes to be hitting strikes.

Mullen and French are opening Incredible Pizza's first franchise in the state at 5833 Northwest Expressway in Warr Acres. A company-owned store opened in August in Tulsa.

The franchisees said they've spent about $5 million transforming about 69,000 square feet of a former Wal-Mart building into a restaurant and entertainment center, complete with bowling alley, miniature golf, arcade games, go-karts and bumper cars.

April 30, the two will hold a one-day job fair to hire about 260 employees, the majority full time, Mullen said.

Fifteen of the positions will be managers, who will be paid commensurate with other top restaurant management jobs in this area, he said. In a previous interview, Mullen said managers could make between $60,000 and $80,000 annually.

Mullen and French own the franchise rights for Incredible Pizzas from Phoenix to Miami, Fla. They have plans to open about 35 stores. They are building their second location in Houston, where they are based.

The two previously lived in Oklahoma -- Mullen played football for the University of Oklahoma in 1969, and French worked in the energy business here from 1976 to 1989.

Other Oklahoma investors are Aubrey McClendon and Tom Ward of Oklahoma City and Boone Pickens, a native of Holdenville.

"We're really proud that our first franchise store will be here in Oklahoma," Mullen said.

The city of Warr Acres has bent over backwards to help the pair secure the property and wade through the permit process, Mullen said. Even so, Incredible Pizza will open about three months behind the original projection.

As he stood in the midst of construction crews laying carpet and painting walls this week and contemplated hiring more than 200 employees in the space of a few days, French remained dubious about the impending opening.

But Rick and Cheryl Barsness, the founders of Incredible Pizza and the owners of the one in Tulsa and the original store in Springfield, Mo., were in town to allay such fears.

"It gets done and it works great. You'll see," Cheryl Barsness said.

Cheryl Barsness is overseeing all interior decor, which includes a Route 66 theme that carries through the 14-lane bowling alley and the miniature golf course. The 125-game arcade will resemble a fairgrounds midway, and the go-kart area will be painted to look like grandstands.

There also are four themed dining rooms: a drive-in movie theater, a '50s diner, a sock-hop gymnasium and a "Leave it to Beaver" living room, plus multiple party rooms.

"A big part of our business is parties. They average 150 parties a week in Tulsa," Mullen said.

Barsness isn't worried that his nearest competitor, Chuck E. Cheese's, is just down the street.

"Our primary market is different. We go for five to 15-year-olds and mom and dad. They focus on a younger crowd."

Then there's the food. Mullen said his kitchens will be capable of making 700 pizzas an hour to be served alongside a 120-item salad-bar buffet, and the price for the buffet will be $5.99 for ages 12 and over, $4.99 for six- to 11-year-olds, $2.99 for ages four and five and free for those three and younger.

"Our focus is on making great food. People come for the food, then stay for the games," he said.

Incredible Pizzas all are smoke and alcohol-free.

Mullen said the Incredible Pizza in Tulsa is averaging 17,000 to 18,000 customers a week. He hopes to match that in his store.

Jay
04-23-2005, 12:18 PM
This will be the final Incredible pizza photo update. The only thing left on the outside is striping the parking lot and maybe adding a few cosmetic touches. I think you can get the general idea where the cosmetic touches will be when you see the photo. Enjoy........

http://www.okctalk.com/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/270/size/big/sort/1/cat/500

metro
04-24-2005, 02:22 PM
You may want to mention that the "exterior" is complete and not the entire project as the title may lead one to belive. I'm curious as to why they used the words "fair grounds" as an attraction? This thread also could of been posted in the existing Incredible Pizza thread to save valuable space.

Karried
04-24-2005, 04:55 PM
May 10 - Private Grand Opening - so it is pretty close to being complete inside and out .......

Indoor go-karts, bowling center, bumper cars, mini - golf and 100 video and redemption games, all family friendly....fairgrounds? not sure about....

Jay
04-25-2005, 12:09 AM
The fairgrounds is the name of the game area that has the go karts, video games bowling, etc. etc.

chrisok
05-15-2005, 11:08 PM
Anyone visited here yet?

mranderson
05-16-2005, 07:45 AM
I may for lunch next week. It is about a mile west of Dell's current location. I would rather take a date for lunch or dinner there, however.

Karried
05-16-2005, 07:46 AM
It's awesome... I attended both Pre-View parties and it is such a cool place. The kids loved it, the food was surprising good and I will have all my kids birthday parties there. The place is huge!

The mini golf was fun for the kids, they loved the bowling with awesome music video screens playing music while you bowl. The race cars were popular and the mini bumber cars were so fun for the littleones.

One room has cartoons running while you eat and the others are themed for the 50's. It is really a great place. The staff were wonderful!! Great service, welcoming atmosphere and a fun ambience... I loved it.

metro
02-20-2006, 08:59 AM
Went there this weekend. It's good if you don't mind all the little ones yelling their heads off. The buffet is $6.99 on the weekends but you have to buy a water/drink at a cost of .99 cents. I personally don't think they should force you to buy a drink or water. The buffet was good, choice of about 10 pizzas or so (better than CiCi's IMO) they have a baked potato bar, breadsticks, cheesesticks, pastas, salad bar, and a decent sized dessert bar. The pizza slices are a little small but that is probably because of the kiddos. It's all you can eat so that is really not a deterrent. They have 3 dining rooms that I noticed, a 50's style diner, a 60's style living room, or a gymnasium that had a theater in it, similar to the old Crystal's pizza but not nearly as nice. The food was good. They have an arcade with indoor bumper cars, mini golf, go-carts, games, and more. They even have about 6 lanes of bowling (the blacklight version) and they also had about the same of mini-bowling (shorter lanes and smaller bowling balls). The arcade, golf, go-carts, and bumper cars were kind of lame as they were too confined and small. I was impressed with the bowling, but this is coming from a twentysomething kid so don't mind me. It's a good place to take kids!

Patrick
02-20-2006, 10:46 AM
I also think Incredible Pizza is pretty nice, but I will warn you, it is noisy. You really can't compare it to Crystals. This place is much larger. Going inside just to see how they fit everything under one roof is interesting enough in and by itself.

metro
02-20-2006, 12:59 PM
I agree, its definetely not Crystal's. Larger and noisier and probably more fun for the kids but us older kids defintely can appreciate the nostalgia and history that was Crystal's Pizza. Can't beleive they tore it down for a boxy Chili's.

okieopus
02-20-2006, 01:09 PM
Incredible Pizza is fine for the Kids, but there are not enough games and the adults really need a place to play.

We need a Dave and Busters

http://www.daveandbusters.com

Faith
02-21-2006, 09:18 AM
Yeah Dave and Busters would be nice. I have been to the one in San Antonio for a work function a few years back.

I took my children to incredible pizza about a month ago. We had to stand in line forever just to get in. I did enjoy the food and the kids had a great time... but there was just too many people there for me. It made me very nervous the entire time.

Is there ever a time that it isn't that busy? Probably in the middle of the week during work hours. : (

Faith
02-21-2006, 09:19 AM
Is there only 1 Incredible Pizza in OK?

In_Tulsa
02-21-2006, 09:23 AM
No there is an Incredible Pizza in Tulsa. It opened about 2 years ago it was the first in Oklahoma.

metro
02-21-2006, 10:40 AM
okcgoddess, I haven't seen a time where it's not busy. I work just down the street and live not to far away so I usually drive by it once or twice a day at least. Sunday the day I went was the least crowded I've ever seen the parking lot and there was still a ton of people there. It's definitely noisy and crowded. I'm sure between the school and day care field trips and birthday parties, the middle of the week stays just as busy as the weekends

circuitboard
06-25-2008, 10:24 PM
This is my first post on here.
I just wanted everyone's opinion. I am concerned that on incredible pizza's website, it states there business is operated under "God's Principles". Let me start by saying I am a very spiritual person and believe in God. But my concern is we have a civil rights law against discrimination. If someone does not believe in God, are they going to be denied employment, which in turn would be illegal according to the civil rights act? What do you guys think? I promise I won't post anymore religion post's. I am just curious.

Midtowner
06-25-2008, 11:21 PM
This is my first post on here.

Welcome.

I just wanted everyone's opinion. I am concerned that on incredible pizza's website, it states there business is operated under "God's Principles".

Yes it does.

Let me start by saying I am a very spiritual person and believe in God.

We're all very relieved to hear that you are a spiritual person. It warms my heart. Truly.

But my concern is we have a civil rights law against discrimination.

If someone does not believe in God, are they going to be denied employment, which in turn would be illegal according to the civil rights act? What do you guys think? I promise I won't post anymore religion post's. I am just curious.

You're talking about Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 which prohibits discrimination in the course of hiring which is based upon religion, national origin, race, color, or sex. There's often going to be some difficulty proving discrimination as employers are allowed to discriminate for any reason which is not prohibited by law, e.g., they don't like the cut of your jib.

The real question here is whether an organization which purports to be governed by religious principles also illegally discriminates based upon religion. If it does, that's bad. If it doesn't? Nobel Prize.

My guess is that a company the size of Incredible Pizza has a professional human resources department which makes sure that the company is on the straight and narrow with regards t its hiring practices and policies. My guess is that due to the company's mission statement, they're going to be even more cautious about their hiring practices.

Mostly, religious discrimination is a bad thing unless it causes some sort of undue hardship for the employer. I'm not sure there are many of us who are going to tell you that religious discrimination is a good thing.

Why the concern?

Oh GAWD the Smell!
06-26-2008, 08:05 AM
You should talk to a few employees of HIS Paint sometime.

circuitboard
06-26-2008, 08:22 AM
Midtowner, I feel like you were being sarcastic with me being a spirtual person. But I appriciate your input on my concern.

Midtowner
06-26-2008, 09:37 AM
Midtowner, I feel like you were being sarcastic with me being a spirtual person. But I appriciate your input on my concern.

You're perceptive.

To tell you the truth, I really don't see how whether you are 'spiritual' or not is even relevant to your inquiry. Perhaps you feel it's necessary to be spiritual in order to not appear to be some sort of agnostic/atheist when you're criticizing the spirituality of others? I don't really care.

It was just unnecessary to preface your statement with a declaration that you are spiritual.

Now... unless you're a stockholder in Incredible Pizza, which I doubt, why the concern as to whether they might have discriminatory hiring practices? Are you a vigilante justice-bringer for Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964?

Do you make it your business to ferret out and halt any potentially illegal religious discrimination practices in the workplace?

kmf563
06-26-2008, 09:47 AM
Maybe they just want a job.

I guess this explains why they don't serve beer. :police:

I'll worry about the sign above the door in a restaurant when it says something like "we spit in food" or "we never wash our hands"

Midtowner
06-26-2008, 10:04 AM
Maybe they just want a job.

Or maybe he thinks he has a case against Incredible Pizza for not hiring him due to some sort of religious discrimination.

If that's the case, OP, don't take anything I said to be legal advice. I'm not a lawyer or licensed to practice law. Go to a lawyer, talk to them. I was only generally commenting on the situation.

kmf563
06-26-2008, 10:22 AM
Discrimination is even harder to prove than harrassment. First he would have to prove that they knew of his religious beliefs prior to denying employment and show a reasonable amount of evidence stating why they would have absolutely hired him otherwise.

I assume it was just a moment of awareness. There are several establishments that have these kinds of mottos or statements. Hello, Hobby Lobby.

Has anyone ever noticed there is a picture of Jesus above the door at the Deli? Is having a picture the same as making a statement?

Midtowner
06-26-2008, 11:23 AM
Private organizations are free to make any sort of religious statement they want to so long as they're not discriminating based upon religion.

circuitboard
06-26-2008, 12:14 PM
Wow, this was my first post on okctalk, I have been going to this site for about a year, and found it really enjoyable to see what was the latest developments or topics in Oklahoma City. I never thought, that by me simply asking people's opinion on if it was a good idea, to announce that you manage a company under God's princlples, that I would be personally insulted, becuase I stated I was spirtual. (Which means I belive in a GOD. I am not christian by any means. I only mentioned it, just to make a point, that I am not anti-religious. I only brought the topic up becuase I feel it is crossing the line. Just my opinon. I am not sure if I want to be a member of this site, if I am going to be attacked for making conversation.

Midtowner
06-26-2008, 12:57 PM
I never thought, that by me simply asking people's opinion on if it was a good idea, to announce that you manage a company under God's princlples, that I would be personally insulted, becuase I stated I was spirtual. (Which means I belive in a GOD. I am not christian by any means. I only mentioned it, just to make a point, that I am not anti-religious. I only brought the topic up becuase I feel it is crossing the line. Just my opinon. I am not sure if I want to be a member of this site, if I am going to be attacked for making conversation.

I never attacked you.

I just said that I didn't care whether or not you were spiritual and that it makes no difference as to your question either way.

If you want to construe that as a personal attack, feel free to do so. Also, if you think that's a personal attack, this place is probably not a good place for you to be. Don't let the door hit ya where the good Lord (or who/whatever) split ya.

kmf563
06-26-2008, 12:58 PM
Surely if you've been lurking on this board for about a year you are familiar with Midtowner and the religious topic rants.

Just ignore the insults. We want the questions, we want the opinions, and we want the diversity. Without it, the board would be boring. You just have to remember it's only a messageboard and to not get offended so easily. Learn to ignore certain people, or better yet - learn what pisses them off and start pushing their buttons right back. =)

Martin
06-26-2008, 01:08 PM
i only brought the topic up becuase i feel it is crossing the line.

why do you think that a private company's statement that they 'choose to manage [their] business according to god’s principles' is crossing the line? to me, there's quite a bit of difference between this statement and discrimination. please clarify your position.

-M

Oh GAWD the Smell!
06-26-2008, 01:54 PM
why do you think that a private company's statement that they 'choose to manage [their] business according to god’s principles' is crossing the line? to me, there's quite a bit of difference between this statement and discrimination. please clarify your position.

-M

X2

A good portion of businesses I walk into have a Jesus fish stuck on the counter, on their business card, or you know...Are named "HIS" Paints. That's not Hank Ingle Snodgrass' initials.

Hmmmm...This does have me wondering...Can a church refuse to hire an Atheist?

kmf563
06-26-2008, 02:06 PM
X2

Why would an atheist wish to work in a church? My guess would be yes though. Just looking at the rules to be hired at LC - 1. You have to be a member of the church. And in order to be a member of the church, you have to a) serve b) join a lifegroup c) tithe
I would expect an atheist to choose to not do those things, therefore he would not be hired.

Midtowner
06-26-2008, 02:09 PM

I believe churches are an exception to the rule.

Oh GAWD the Smell!
06-26-2008, 02:15 PM
Why would an atheist wish to work in a church? My guess would be yes though. Just looking at the rules to be hired at LC - 1. You have to be a member of the church. And in order to be a member of the church, you have to a) serve b) join a lifegroup c) tithe
I would expect an atheist to choose to not do those things, therefore he would not be hired.

The couple of Atheists I know don't harbor any animosity towards Christianity and would be their overtly logical selves and say "hey man, a job is a job, and I need a job".

And Mid...How do they get away with that? Is there an actual exception in law somewhere, or is it just overlooked?