View Full Version : Use smaller plates...duh

bandnerd
08-18-2006, 09:30 PM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14400480/

Yeah, does this only seem obvious to me?

Karried
08-23-2006, 09:12 PM
Want to lose weight? Try eating off smaller plates. A new study shows that using smaller bowls and spoons may curb the amount of food eaten.

It didn't work for me, I was so hungry I ate the plate..

okay I used instant pie crust .. was that wrong? lol ...

If it were only this easy, I'd invest in a set of Barbie dishes tomorrow...

beatlebutt81
08-23-2006, 10:00 PM
I never really thought about it but the smaller plates thing kinda has worked for me. I've lost 110 pounds in the last 10 1/2 months. I eat mostly lean pockets and occassionally small lean cuisine meals. When the diet food is on small plates, it doesn't seem like I'm eating smaller than normal because it fills the whole plate.

bandnerd
08-24-2006, 05:03 AM
Karried--They always come out with the dumbest suggestions it seems...what if I eat on a large plate but it is filled half way with veggies? STEAMED veggies? That's like, 40-50 calories at most.

beatlebutt81--be careful eating those lean pockets and lean cuisines...they are full of sodium and preservatives. They're useful when you're in a pinch, but they're not that "healthy." Not trying to diminish your loss at all, which is an incredible amount (congrats!) but as you get close to your target weight, it may become about overall health and less about the weight loss. Just me being nosy.

beatlebutt81
08-24-2006, 07:56 PM
The sodium isn't really an issue. I had high blood pressure (dangerously high) before I started the diet, and now it's not only normal it's great, so the sodium in the food isn't hurting me.

I had a heart condition and my liver was failing before the diet also, and they're great now. Overall the diet has improved my health altogether.

I was a size 28 when I started back in October. Today I'm a size 12 and still shrinking.

Keith
08-24-2006, 08:05 PM
The sodium isn't really an issue. I had high blood pressure (dangerously high) before I started the diet, and now it's not only normal it's great, so the sodium in the food isn't hurting me.

I had a heart condition and my liver was failing before the diet also, and they're great now. Overall the diet has improved my health altogether.

I was a size 28 when I started back in October. Today I'm a size 12 and still shrinking.
That's Great! Congratulations on losing all that weight. Keep up the good work, and stay healthy.