View Full Version : New to town want to meet people

wallyboy75
08-15-2006, 08:40 PM
I know I am not single but my wife and I just move to Mustang and we really don't know a lot of people. I was wonmdering if anybody has any ideas on how to meet people without going to the bar.

Leon
08-22-2006, 09:36 PM
Maybe that depends on what you like to do in your spare time. There are a few social groups.

Karried
08-23-2006, 09:33 AM
It's hard moving to a new place. Especially when you have left a lot of close friends... I'm finding it harder to meet other couples that have similar interests as I get older.

It helps that we have kids and they do things together with neighbor kids but it is tough to meet other couples without that situation.

I would think some of these might be a starting place, the gym, Lake Hefner walking or riding bikes ( maybe a bike club if you like that sort of thing), church, getting involved with your HOA's association, volunteering, taking a class together at a community college or a dance class ( like ballroom or swing).

That's all I can think of right now but I do miss my friends a lot so I can relate to how you feel. I hope you can find some fun things soon to enjoy with some friends.

( We just went on vacation with three other couples from CA that we 'left behind' and it was so fun, but now I miss them more than ever).