View Full Version : The Oklahoma River Today?

Doug Loudenback
08-12-2006, 08:42 AM
I'd like some help with my next blog post on the Oklahoma River ... I've done parts 1, 2 & 3 and today I'd like to do #4 - the Oklahoma River Today ... I plan to include the Kerr-McGee Bell Tower, the Oklahoma River Trails (focusing on any more notable parts like the Mat Hoffman Action Sports Park), Chesapeake Boat House and events that spin from it, the American Indian Cultural Center & Museum, and any annual events that occur on the river ... though I don't know that I know them all.

What did I NOT include in the above that is either (a) in place or (b) in the works (not just speculation)? I'd be glad to have any help and comments that any might have. Thanks in advance!

I'm going out this morning to take some pics along the Oklahoma River Trails ... at least, those parts where I don't have to walk too much! :tweeted:

keving
08-12-2006, 12:39 PM
Did you mention the river "taxi" that should be operationing next year. Also, as far as events go, there's the regatta in the spring and then the one in the fall. The drag boat races looks like it's going to be annual. Not sure about the wakeboarding contest or the christmas river parade.

Doug Loudenback
08-14-2006, 10:44 AM
Did you mention the river "taxi" that should be operationing next year. Also, as far as events go, there's the regatta in the spring and then the one in the fall. The drag boat races looks like it's going to be annual. Not sure about the wakeboarding contest or the christmas river parade.
Thanks,keving, the Oklahoma River series is done now. Let me know if you think I should add something.

metro
08-14-2006, 03:09 PM
Doug, I really encourage you to follow up with the lead I provided you. You'll find it worth your while.