View Full Version : If You Had Deep Pockets, What Would You Do For OKC?

Pages : [1] 2

okcpulse
08-11-2006, 06:14 PM
Okay, everyone. Brainstorming time. I thought of this idea on another thread. If you had millions of dollars to spend on developing something for Oklahoma City, what would it be? What would you like to get rid of (non-historical, of course) and put in its place. For me, it is redeveloping east Reno, build a new office tower for downtown OKC, or build a major theme park along the river (assuming Frontier City closes). Or, I could buy Frontier City and White Water Bay, move White Water Bay next to Frontier City Theme Park, and convert it into a theme resort for the entire region. This would include buying up and tearing out dilapidated properties north of Frontier City.

Now, it's your turn. Oklahoma City is your canvas.

mranderson
08-11-2006, 06:38 PM
I would do three things. Build a major theme park that would rival Disney, build a complete subway system and commuter rail system for the entire metro (and it includes Shawnee, Guthrie, Purcell, and El Reno), and build a major motion picture studio the size or larger of Universal Hollywood complete with theme park.

Popsy
08-11-2006, 07:33 PM
I would buy the cotton gin or grain elevator south of downtown, demolish it and sell the property to the city at cost when Maps III comes along. I would also put a large sum of money into a fund to fight public monies being spent on light rail because there are many other things that OKC should spend money on besides a sink hole that would be used by less than one-tenth of one per cent of the population. Should OKC ever achieve a budget surplus of five billion dollars, I would consider limited light rail between Edmond and Norman if existing track could be used.

floater
08-11-2006, 09:00 PM
I would start off by donating several million dollars to OKC Beautiful to fund a beautification program. It would cover downtown, city districts and boulevards, and gateways, especially highway frontage.

I would clear Hub Cap Alley on Robinson and put in a colorful art deco, South Beach-style neighborhood, capped by a residential highrise with one side facing the river and the other side facing downtown.

I would buy property on the parking lots south of City Hall and the Civic Center and put in galleries or cultural centers. I would buy the theater on Main & Hudson and make it a place for films and improv/sketch comedy. I would buy the Nuvox Communications building next to the art museum and convert it to a more artsy use.

Lastly, I would start a public art nonprofit with an multi-million dollar endowment. It would partner with authorities and businesses to bring high-profile art to the river and other high-visibility areas.

dirtrider73068
08-11-2006, 10:06 PM
If I had deep pockets, and millions of dollars to spend on okc.
Tear down crossroads mall and rebuild one way better, maybe like the vista mall in lewisville tx, that was 2 storys tall or even maybe the dallas tx gallaria that is 3 storys tall and has a ice rink in the middle of it.
Then to top it off redo frontier city, remodel, update, and exspansion to make a better park out of it.
Or could even if had more leftover, put into a account to fight crime and drugs and one hell of a crime force that did nothing but fight drugs, and get the streets cleared up of gangs and drugs.

ETL
08-11-2006, 10:56 PM
Maybe dirtrider73068 should also buy the city of Vally Brook too. LOL

soonerliberal
08-11-2006, 10:59 PM
A logical and friendly-to-everyone public transportation system.

Oki_Man5
08-12-2006, 05:19 AM
I would suck in the borders to somewhere around Eastern (MLK) on the east to Western on the west and 10th on the north and south, and let that area be all there is that is considered OKC.

BricktownGuy
08-12-2006, 06:46 AM
lol. I can top all those.. with this one..

I would built at the request of Clay Bennett & Co. thenew "world class" venue they are looking for, but it would be located in OKC. :)

Karried
08-12-2006, 08:57 AM
That's exactly what I was thinking.. do what it takes to get the Sonics here, build it and they will come.

I would like to build many more community centers both for the elderly and for underprivileged kids in an effort to try to assist parents in some of the more poverty stricken areas ... offer activities with positive role models, things to do to help keep kids out of trouble and inspire them to do good things with thier lives. Help with pregnancy prevention centers ( this being for the kids of course) offering more education & possibly provide more scholarship through these centers.

I also would love a huge theme park area similar to Branson and a river attraction... but with that, you get the traffic and crowds so I have to be careful for what I wish for I guess.

Kerry
08-12-2006, 06:10 PM
I would put all my money into Leprechaun.

Actually, I would build Heartland Castle. A 75,000 soccer/football stadium that resembles a Medieval castle from the outside. It would be surrounded by a large park with bronze replicas of siege weapons scattered throughout. A large mote would surround the stadium with drawbridges providing access to the stadium. The mote would be connect to the canal.

All parking would be underground. The park surrounding the stadium would be used for medieval fairs and outdoor concerts or just to relax. The stadium could be used to attract MLS, preseason football games, truck shows, someday the Super Bowl, an alternate site for OU/Texas game, OSU/Texas Tech games, state football championships, and the Heartland Bowl.

The Heartland Bowl would be a fundraiser for the OKC Memorial. It would select the two teams with the best records that did not get invited to another bowl. It would be the first bowl game of the season taking place 2 weeks after the end of the regular season.

ISayGoPokes
08-13-2006, 09:29 AM
I would build a large outdoor music venue to attract some of the larger summer shows- like Dave Matthews, Jack Johnson, etc...

ETL
08-13-2006, 09:38 AM
I would bring Nashville here! That is after creating the third largest theme park in the world though. :LolLolLol

BricktownGuy
08-13-2006, 09:50 AM
The Heartland Bowl would be a fundraiser for the OKC Memorial. It would select the two teams with the best records that did not get invited to another bowl. It would be the first bowl game of the season taking place 2 weeks after the end of the regular season.

I like that idea.

mranderson
08-13-2006, 09:55 AM
I like that idea.

The Heartland Castle and Bowl are ideas we thought of several years ago, and would be a major coup to Oklahoma City. I forget about it sometimes. Thanks Kerry for reviving it.

I also would build it along with a medievil theme park next door to it.

Luke
08-13-2006, 11:06 AM
Aside from a Summer Olympic OKC 2024 campaign...

I would invest in a strategic monorail system all around the metro.

I would make an amazing town center all along the river with a boardwalk.

I would invest in a nice big residential tower downtown.

gsan
08-13-2006, 02:13 PM
Hi guys-

I am new to the forum, I love to keep an eye on it and read the great posts. Any way I will get started with ideas for OKC.

1.) Build the biggest ferris wheel in the world next to the Oklahoma river close to Bricktown, if a theme park (Frontier City) gets attatched with it even better.

2.) Build a condo complex similar to deep deuce, The hill etc. close to Bricktown and Downtown. Bottom floors retail, restaurants and a damn good grocery store (no Wal-Mart, no Homeland, no Albertsons) A good grocery thta has everything you need and specialty items. This condo complex needs to be big!!! Hundrreds of homes even thoussands.

3.)Fix up all the overpasses (Like the Denver area)
Each overpass will have a brick or stone Facade with the name of the community and the name of the street.

4.) Pedestrian bridges over highways and busy streets

5.) Build the premier mall on OKlahoma in Bricktown. Give Oklahomans a reason to shop in OKC and not in TX.

6.) Have a state of the art facility for the Hornets, Sonics whomever. Think BIG!!! not the usual Oklahoma mentality. A facility that would make the city proud for the next 25 years.

7.) Have some great statues next to the Indian museum that is going next to the river. Big!!! statues or 1 huge statue.

8.) Fix up Lake Arcadia..
Make it alot bigger.
Hotel
nice cabins
boat dock
restaurants

9.) Build more parks
bigger parks
more trees
swimming pools..like Pelican Bay in Edmond

10.) Sidewalks throughout the city.
Trail system for bikers and pedestrians

OKC is a nice city, but, we need to think bigger. We need to set are selves apart therre are a lot of great cities out there. We need to give tourist, business, families a reason to relocate themselves to OKC. We are of to a good start, but we have a long way to go!

Thanks

gsan
08-13-2006, 02:39 PM
Oh..1 more thing.

A race track! 1st of all to bring (NASCAR). I hate Nascar, but it is huge and would bring thousands of people to OKC. The track would also need to have a race course as well as the oval. So that it could bring many racing events

Thanks

jdsplaypin
08-13-2006, 06:26 PM
But are the Nascar fans the people we want to bring into Oklahoma? They have a bad stereotype & oklahoma in general is trying so hard to fight off it's bad stereotypes of rednecks & people who aren't cosmopolitan.

gsan
08-13-2006, 06:40 PM
Read the post before that. There are a lot of other things that should be done to OKC, but the race track would be a small part of the big plan.

As far as NASCAR fans are concerned. There are all types. My neighbor is a Dr. and he is huge Nascar fan.

The important thing is it would bring people to OKC.

Any opinions on the post before the Nascar idea?

Kerry
08-13-2006, 07:03 PM
I am a NASCAR fan and I have all of my teeth so I am not sure what the sterotype is. A single NASCAR race has the economic impact of two Super Bowls (according to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution). A NASCAR track would be gret. I wouldn't do an oval though. I would make it a road course.

Of course, I guess it is possible that Super Bowl champion coach and NASCAR team owner Joe Gibbs is a closet redneck.

MadMonk
08-13-2006, 09:05 PM
The road course is a great idea. I'd love to see not only a NASCAR race held here, but some Indycar racing as well. If I had the money to blow, a world-class speedway/road course would definitely be on the list of things to do for OKC.

muzique808
08-14-2006, 04:50 PM
Along with many other things, I would like to clean up the highway entrances to the city. We are the "Crossroads of America" and get a huge amount of thru traffic, but most of what they see coming into the city (primarily from the south or west) is run-down motels and industrial parks. I would like to buy up some of that land and redevelop it (with some sign ordinances in place, of course!)

Just my idea anyway.

jbrown84
08-15-2006, 11:54 AM
I think these are all things that are very realistic. No offense to those with big dreams.

1. Line all the interstates with fast-growing trees as well as fix up the overpasses with a brick facade, lighting, and signage.

2. Major updates to Will Rogers, Lincoln, and Crown Heights Parks and added security to make sure they remain a safe, clean environment for everyone.

3. A new major downtown park called Delmar Gardens in a nod to history. This park would rival such urban parks as London's Hyde Park and San Francisco's Golden Gate Park. The park would stretch from downtown to the river and include fountains, many new trees (but all existing trees would be kept), and a U.S.S. Oklahoma Memorial.

4. Commission world-class artists for new public art in Bricktown, on the Oklahoma River, in the CBD, in the Arts Quarter, etc. Different districts would get works thematically appropriate, especially places like the River and the Asian District.

5. A new mixed-use highrise (and new tallest for Oklahoma) on the land between the YMCA, the elevated railroad, and E.K. Gaylord.

6. Move White Water's assets to empty land next to Frontier City. Millions in upgrades including a couple new major roller coasters would replace abandoned motels and dilapidated RV parks. This would make the park far more competitiive with Six Flags Over Texas and Worlds of Fun.

7. Build a Hyatt Regency with retail on the first two floors at the Galleria site between the new City Center Garage and Sheridan. Festival Plaza would remain intact.

Pete
08-15-2006, 01:03 PM
I would build a world-class, high rise convention hotel with condos on top. Something around 50 stories and that would give OKC a new signature skyline.

And I would donate millions for beautification efforts around town in the form of dollar-for-dollar matching that would encourage businesses and citizens to invest in making the citier prettier and cleaner.

traxx
08-15-2006, 02:04 PM
But are the Nascar fans the people we want to bring into Oklahoma? They have a bad stereotype & oklahoma in general is trying so hard to fight off it's bad stereotypes of rednecks & people who aren't cosmopolitan.

Cosmopolitan isn't the be all end all. I don't think we should eschew our down home country roots. I see many posts on here that think that it is a bad image. But when people come to Oklahoma that's what they want to see - cowboys, country and western etc. They don't care to see Simply Fondue or something they can drive down the street and see in their own city.

I'm not saying that we shouldn't have fine arts, performing arts etc. But we also shouldn't forget where we came from (that could be our bread and butter as far as entertainment and tourism)in an effort to try to be the next San Francisco or Chicago - we'll never be that nor should we.

Too many people on here badmouth Toby Keith and his restaurant for being too rednecky, but that's what Oklahoma is and is known for. I think it's great that he stayed in Oklahoma and invested in his home state rather than leaving for the bright lights as soon as he got famous. We need more like him.

We can parlay our image into big money if it's done right. Look at a place like Dallas, they have their finer lifestyle but they never let you forget you're in Texas and they're proud of that not ashamed that Big D and Texas brings to mind the South and country. We should follow that lead. Dallas is uniquely Dallas and Texas, we should be uniquely Oklahoma and not measure whether we've arrived or not by having the next hip restaurant that already exist in 100 other cities.

<steps down off of soap box>

jdsplaypin
08-15-2006, 07:36 PM
I think everyone wants a more cosmo OKC. As for Oklahoma in general... let it be rednecked but i'm talking about OKC. As for people wanting to see cowboy heritage when they come to our city I totally agree. I'm very confused why you referenced me to explain our ties with cowboy culture. I never mentioned the word cowboy. Cowboys & rednecks are very different people. I have never met an redneck i'd want to be around besides those on the blue collar comedy squad & they're staying in Ritz Carltons when they travel drinking fine scotches.

traxx
08-16-2006, 11:31 AM
I referenced what you said because cowboy and redneck go hand-in-hand. That's where the term comes from, guys who work on the ranch out in the sun and their necks get red from sunburn.

I don't have a problem with OKC becoming more cosmo but we need not forget what makes us different and sets us apart. We need to be unique so that we're remembered not just a clone of other mid-sized cities. I couldn't begin to tell you what Indianapolis is known for or what sets Atlanta apart and makes it different.

jdsplaypin
08-16-2006, 12:40 PM
Indianapolis is known for bringing in rednecks to watch races & if we can't agree on that then there's a big pink elephant in the room that noone will look at. & yes, im aware the term redneck came from sunburned necks... but that doesn't make them cowboys. If you asked a cowboy if his closest human co-partner was a redneck he may punch you.
REDNECKS=mullet/flannel sleevless t-shirt/natural light beer/ trailor/ unedumacated.
Cowboy=cowboy hat/ wranglers/ bud light/ street smart

traxx
08-17-2006, 01:35 PM
Cowboy=cowboy hat/ wranglers/ bud light/ street smart

Or trail smart.

My point about Indy and Atlanta were that each is a major league city (pro sports) but they are not distinctive.

jdsplaypin
08-18-2006, 09:57 AM
Atlanta has a huge rappers base. thats kinda a joke, but that's how i known the ATL

floater
08-19-2006, 12:11 AM
I don't have a problem with OKC becoming more cosmo but we need not forget what makes us different and sets us apart. We need to be unique so that we're remembered not just a clone of other mid-sized cities. I couldn't begin to tell you what Indianapolis is known for or what sets Atlanta apart and makes it different.

I don't think anybody wants OKC to become San Fran or Chicago, but it never hurts to be broad in appeal -- in Oklahoma City's case, more cosmopolitan. The friendliness, hospitality, and family values will always be there no matter how urbane OKC becomes. They're in the city's DNA.

It depends on what you define is the city's "character". And is it tangible and marketable? Can you market family values as a destination? I think cowboy culture is cool, but does it really permeate OKC society outside the Stockyards, horse shows and museum?

My guess for OKC would be Native American culture and sports events. But who knows, in the future, there may be an attractive, visitor-friendly quality about our people, places, and tastes that we haven't discovered yet. Three years ago, I would never have guessed we'd be hosting the US warmup for Olympic rowing.

mranderson
08-19-2006, 08:53 AM
I don't think anybody wants OKC to become San Fran or Chicago, but it never hurts to be broad in appeal -- in Oklahoma City's case, more cosmopolitan. The friendliness, hospitality, and family values will always be there no matter how urbane OKC becomes. They're in the city's DNA.

It depends on what you define is the city's "character". And is it tangible and marketable? Can you market family values as a destination? I think cowboy culture is cool, but does it really permeate OKC society outside the Stockyards, horse shows and museum?

My guess for OKC would be Native American culture and sports events. But who knows, in the future, there may be an attractive, visitor-friendly quality about our people, places, and tastes that we haven't discovered yet. Three years ago, I would never have guessed we'd be hosting the US warmup for Olympic rowing.

Nothing wrong with taking some license from San Francisco (it is San Francisco, not "San Fran," thank you) or Chicago. We could turn one of the lakes into a mini Wharf or Pier 39. Plus a Second City and some ganster museums and other things. After all, Oklahoma City had one of the largest ganster populations in the nation. Not like Chicago, however, very large.

jbrown84
08-21-2006, 09:23 AM
Are you serious?

traxx
08-21-2006, 12:29 PM
[QUOTE=mranderson] We could turn one of the lakes into a mini Wharf or Pier 39.QUOTE]

I thought something like that was the original idea for Hefner until that got screwed up. Too often that's the problem with development here. Instead of planning ahead, having an idea and coming at it with a plan they just fly by the seat of their pants and have the motto of "If there's empty land, build something on it, we'll figure it out later," not really thinking does it fit in with the area and the use.

chuckdiesel
08-21-2006, 04:37 PM
Oh..1 more thing.

A race track! 1st of all to bring (NASCAR). I hate Nascar, but it is huge and would bring thousands of people to OKC. The track would also need to have a race course as well as the oval. So that it could bring many racing events

Thanks

That would be huge for OKC. As much as alot of people hate NASCAR, it brings in something like 100,000 visitors at places like the one north of Ft. Worth.
That is lots of tourist dollars, lots. Plus more national exposure. Win win if you ask me.

mranderson
08-21-2006, 04:43 PM
Are you serious?

Is who serious?

gsan
08-21-2006, 08:34 PM
That would be huge for OKC. As much as alot of people hate NASCAR, it brings in something like 100,000 visitors at places like the one north of Ft. Worth.
That is lots of tourist dollars, lots. Plus more national exposure. Win win if you ask me.

Exactly! It would bring people to OKC and morre importantly extra $$$$$.

MadMonk
08-22-2006, 08:27 AM
The problem with a racetrack is track location. Where would be a good place for it? Far N. OKC? NW of Edmond? West between Yukon and El Reno? It would take a huge amount of land. You know you would run into NIMBY problems with the noise.

BricktownGuy
08-22-2006, 08:48 AM
I think I vaguely remember reading something about some type of racetrack being built near Midwest City or something, but developer was getting alot of heat from area homeowners, due to increased noise, etc. I think I read that in the OKCBusiness print edition within the last year, but I am not totally sure.

chuckdiesel
08-22-2006, 05:41 PM
The problem with a racetrack is track location. Where would be a good place for it? Far N. OKC? NW of Edmond? West between Yukon and El Reno? It would take a huge amount of land. You know you would run into NIMBY problems with the noise.

One thing we have in Oklahoma is lots of land. If they were to build one they should look no further than the Texas Motor Speedway north of Ft. Worth. Its right off the interstate on the outskirts of developement.
I would like to think some where around Norman would be perfect. Just south of town or between Moore and Norman.

mranderson
08-22-2006, 06:01 PM

Near Will Rogers World Airport. Maybe south of it along I-44.

Pete
08-22-2006, 07:47 PM
That's a very good idea, Mr. Anderson.

I'm not a big racing fan but a track would bring in lots of people and there is lots of land in that area, and it would help fill the Meridian hotels. Visitors could also take the water taxis to downtown.

jbrown84
08-22-2006, 10:32 PM
I think there was talk of one near Lake Stanley Draper, since there's nothing much out there. Haven't heard anything about it in at least a year though.

traxx
08-23-2006, 10:55 AM
Yeah, the 240 area or the Draper area are good ideas. It would need to be in the metro. Goldsby/Purcell would be to far away for race fans to be able to enjoy downtown. It would take to long for them to travel to downtown, especially with all the road construction. When someone's in an unfamiliar town they usually don't want to drive 45 mins to an hour away just for an evening of entertainment when the event that they actually came for is their main entertainment.

traxx
08-23-2006, 10:55 AM
Yeah, the 240 area or the Draper area are good ideas. It would need to be in the metro. Goldsby/Purcell would be to far away for race fans to be able to enjoy downtown. It would take too long for them to travel to downtown, especially with all the road construction. When someone's in an unfamiliar town they usually don't want to drive 45 mins to an hour away just for an evening of entertainment when the event that they actually came for is their main entertainment.

Spartan
12-04-2006, 12:31 AM
One thing we have in Oklahoma is lots of land. If they were to build one they should look no further than the Texas Motor Speedway north of Ft. Worth. Its right off the interstate on the outskirts of developement.
I would like to think some where around Norman would be perfect. Just south of town or between Moore and Norman.

I live between Moore and Norman. I don't want that thing anywhere near my addition. I might have to stick some "REDNECKS & ANDERSON: KEEP OUT" signs around the gated entrance for our neighborhood. And not to mention that this would kill the rapid growth that is going on between Moore and Norman.

chuckdiesel
12-04-2006, 03:53 AM
http://www.grunt.com/images/citymap.jpg

Okay on second thought maybe Moore/Norman is a bad idea....
I like the area around the airport or on the east side on 240 or maybe somewhere around Frontier City.

chuckdiesel
12-04-2006, 04:03 AM
Anywhere they put this it will be a success and bring in tons of people and cash.
It would be a major draw in OKC and benefit the whole city whether you like NASCAR or not. As far as it hurting OKC's reputation and making us look redneck, I don't believe that is the case anymore. Just like hockey NASCAR has made alot of strides and is more widespread and appeals to a broader fanbase today than it used to (I don't know if they ever did but I had heard they were even going to build a track in NYC....don't think they are very redneck)
Anyway probably will never happen but this would be a goldmine if ever made a reality.

SpectralMourning
12-04-2006, 04:01 PM
Great job reviving this thread guys.

As for the NASCAR track location, I'd say somewhere with a solid location in between larger cities would be great. I'd suggest Oklahoma City in Lincoln County (I'd figure Chandler or Stroud probably deserve more peace and quiet, but still could sell to the fans,) Stillwater for obvious reasons, or my personal favorite; Lawton. If a track were located in Lawton, it'd be extremely convenient for Dallas, Oklahoma City, Tulsa, and Ft. Sill residence to attend, catering to Soldiers in the area, which I think should be Lawton's principal goal. At any of the locations, it'd be great for the OKANG to do F-16 flyovers or Altus AFB could conduct huge airdrops to impress fans. At any rate, Lawton would be my #1 choice.

Kerry
12-04-2006, 04:16 PM
And not to mention that this would kill the rapid growth that is going on between Moore and Norman.

Have you seen the phenominal growth around Daytona Speedway lately? Now the NASCAR has gone big time on TV so have the areas around the tracks. I lived in Daytona several years ago and the area around the track has changed so much since they have started showing the races on FOX and NBC. The area near the airport makes the best sense. There are thousands of corprate executives, drivers, and television staff that fly to tracks for race day or practice. In fact, the best thing to do would be to have aircraft parking right outside the track.

Spartan
12-04-2006, 05:01 PM
I don't want to live near a NASCAR track. I never said others wouldn't.

John
12-04-2006, 11:12 PM
Definately not what I'd do, but if it were to come...

If NASCAR were to build a track here, somewhere on I-40 between Meridian & the Yukon/Mustang area would be the best location.

I would say where Crossroads Mall is currently located, but I'd hate for the landfill to be the background of the track. Bleh!

Spartan
12-05-2006, 12:46 AM
That would be a perfect environment for a NASCAR track.

There are a ton of homes just east, southeast, and east that are under construction. There are even nice office buildings under construction along East 240.

You would be surprised at the world that's being developed east of Moore.

okiemom
12-05-2006, 07:15 PM
I would build a large outdoor music venue to attract some of the larger summer shows- like Dave Matthews, Jack Johnson, etc...

I don't think Oklahoma could support two large outdoor music venues.

John
12-05-2006, 08:08 PM
I don't think Oklahoma could support two large outdoor music venues.

I disagree 100%

The ZooAmp is what it is. If we had something comparable to the Smirnoff Center (Dallas) we would attract a better slate of summer shows. I think both would be successful.

okiemom
12-06-2006, 07:06 AM
I disagree 100%

The ZooAmp is what it is. If we had something comparable to the Smirnoff Center (Dallas) we would attract a better slate of summer shows. I think both would be successful.

I had actually forgotten about the Zoo Amp. I was referring to Catch the Fever Music Festivals in Pryor.

What It Is All About

Just in case you didn’t know, Country Fever, is a four-day event featuring 25 of country music's finest entertainers in a “best in class” festivals and concert venue for music located just outside Pryor. Started in 2003, the dream of creating the largest outdoor concert venue in Oklahoma is now a reality.

They also host christianfest and rockfest

http://www.countryfeverfest.com/history.htm

http://www.countryfeverfest.com/index.html

chuckdiesel
12-08-2006, 12:38 PM
http://x27.xanga.com/58ba22f5c0d3259900677/b40155317.jpg

http://racing.ballparks.com/Texas/aerial.jpg

http://www.city-data.com/cpicc/cfiles5857.jpg

This is texas motor speedway just north of Ft. Worth on I-35 its massive and generates alot of growth.

chuckdiesel
12-08-2006, 12:38 PM
I can certainly see this working in OKC. It would be huge.

nschmoyer
12-11-2006, 01:10 AM
1. Pay the right people to get rid of those hideous chain-link fences next to I-35.

2. Bring in some professional sports teams and build reputable venues in Bricktown and Edmond.

3. Pay incentives to businesses to raise Oklahoma flags, build really cool "Welcome to Oklahoma City" type deals at each highway entrance

4. Pay the right people to rename the roads... how about just numbering from 1st to whatever from north to south instead of starting from downtown and going outward? (Also, I'd pay Norman to fix the names of the streets off highway 9... 77 should be 12th, and 12th should be Oak Tree... very misleading) (While i'm at it, I'd get them to fix that stupid sign south of Norman that says Airport 4 mi / Campus 6 mi... it's reversed...)