View Full Version : If You Had Deep Pockets, What Would You Do For OKC?

Pages : 1 [2]

mranderson
12-11-2006, 04:04 AM
1. Pay the right people to get rid of those hideous chain-link fences next to I-35.

2. Bring in some professional sports teams and build reputable venues in Bricktown and Edmond.

3. Pay incentives to businesses to raise Oklahoma flags, build really cool "Welcome to Oklahoma City" type deals at each highway entrance

4. Pay the right people to rename the roads... how about just numbering from 1st to whatever from north to south instead of starting from downtown and going outward? (Also, I'd pay Norman to fix the names of the streets off highway 9... 77 should be 12th, and 12th should be Oak Tree... very misleading) (While i'm at it, I'd get them to fix that stupid sign south of Norman that says Airport 4 mi / Campus 6 mi... it's reversed...)

1. Where on the freeway are these fences?

2. We already HAVE professional sports teams. They are called the Blazers, the RedHawks, and the Yard Dawgz. We DO however need permanant major league teams.

3. What kind of "deal" are you refering to?

4. Most cities number their streets in a quarter grid. Norman, for example, uses the coordinate last. Such as 12 ave NW. The numerical system is just fine the way it is.