View Full Version : Catfish?????

ksearls
08-11-2006, 09:48 AM
Ok, I am going on a diet Monday but, before that I must have some great catfish!! Any suggestions? Not opposed to a short (less than 1 hour) roadtrip.:beaten_fi

Easy180
08-11-2006, 11:05 AM
Wife and I like the catfish at Da Boat in bricktown...the grilled catfish at Pearls is also good...there is a catfish place south of Norman that is supposed to be great....Catfish Farm or something like that

Karried
08-11-2006, 11:59 AM
Believe it or not, I really enjoy the catfish at Texas Roadhouse off of Memorial Rd. The hot rolls and fresh salads are really good...

The peanuts aren't bad either! LOL, it is a fun place and the food is really tasty.

onemoreokie
08-11-2006, 12:58 PM
Pearl's lakeside has surprisingly good fried catfish and they views aren't bad either!

escan
08-11-2006, 01:14 PM
Have you had the catfish at Jaime's in Capitol Hill? Kim...it's good! (but, it's a big piece, not the little strips)

I've also heard good things about the place that used to be Barry's Chicken Ranch, but never experienced it firsthand.

metro
08-11-2006, 02:17 PM
What about Catfish Cabin on Meridian and NW 63rd?

davido
08-11-2006, 02:19 PM
We ate at Bill fish house on wen. The catfish was cut thin, kinda like a flounder, and I like it like that but it was kinda dry, you can tell them you want a thick cut, we had several potato choices, and several salads and veggies, It is pretty good, we used to go to the T-bird cafe out by lake thunderbird to eat catfish, but I think they decided to save some money and go really cheap on the catfish, now it sucks.

Bill's is the old barry's chicken ranch.

rocket60s
08-12-2006, 02:13 AM
It's a little more than an hour round trip but if you don't mind the drive Punkin's just off I35 in Pauls Valley is really good. I also like Pearl's & the Harbor House is usually pretty good. It's alot like the old Der Dutchman. But, in my opinion Punkin's is best.

escan
08-12-2006, 09:19 AM
I LOVE the BBQ at Punkin's, but don't like their catfish at all. Ick.

metro
08-14-2006, 03:15 PM
I forgot about Harbor House on 39th in Bethany. It's pretty good. I love their hush puppy's. Yes they are identical to Der Dutchman's. The reason being is because the old manager of Der Dutchman's is the owner of Harbor House, so he had a lot of their secret recipes, etc. I love their hush puppies with butter! mmmmm

davido
08-19-2006, 03:54 PM
we used to eat at der dutchman (zider Zee) sp, alot Bills has the same kind of hushpuppies, they got me hooked on fried oysters and flounder.

metro
08-21-2006, 02:54 PM
ksearls what did you end up doing?

ksearls
08-22-2006, 10:39 AM
I am a dork.

We went to Pearl's on 63rd. I ended up ordering something else but my son got catfish and it was good!

He loves the catfish at Queen Anne but that's a whole different thread!:beaten_fi

ksearls
08-24-2006, 03:29 PM
ESCAN was right!!

I went to Jamie's Grill in Capitol Hill for catfish today (Thursday it catfish day!)and it rocked! The place is tasty and cheap! The burgers looked great, everything looked great, but the catfish was some of the best ever!

escan
08-24-2006, 03:57 PM
Thanks Kim. Glad you like it. I still need to give your Mexican place a try. Seems like we enjoy eating at some of the same places so I'm pretty excited.

Sherie