View Full Version : Did This Have To Happen

FOR GIVING HUSBAND
08-09-2006, 03:51 PM
Prominent Local Attorney Shoots Wife and then Self
5/16/06 -- Oklahoma City - High profile attorney William "Bill" Daniel died this morning during an attempted murder-suicide involving his estranged wife.
*Daniel, of Daniel and Conway, is best known for his off-the-wall television ads for his legal services.
*According to published reports, Daniel, 51, forced his way into the family residence around 6 A.M. and shot his wife, Jayme Daniel, 49, five times before turning the gun on himself.
*Also home at the time was the Daniel's 16-year-old daughter, Maggie, and another man, James Stephens, 47 (rumored to be Jayme's boyfriend).
*Police were called and Jayme Daniel was rushed to the hospital in critical condition.
*Bill was reportedly pronounced dead at the scene from a single self-inflicted gun shot wound to the chest.
*According to public records, the Daniel marriage has been a rocky one filled with divorce filings, allegations of battery and police interaction.
*Jayme had filed for divorce in March of this year and was granted a victim's protective order in May.
*Police report being called to the residence three times in the past year.
*A History of Violence
*Bill and Jayme Daniel were married July 18, 1984 in Tecumseh, OK.
*According to public records, Jayme filed for, and was granted, a divorce only two years later. The couple remarried shortly after.
August of 2001, a victim's protective order was petitioned by Debra Calhoun, an employee of the Vista Medical Center. According to court records, Calhoun stated that Bill Daniel had called her office over 100 times and made "threats of death." The VPO request was denied.
**Only two months after filing for a second divorce, the couple reconciled.
*January 2004, Nichol's Hills police responded to a call that Bill Daniel had assaulted his wife and pushed her down in the bathroom.
May of 2004, Bill Daniel allegedly locked himself inside Jayme Daniel's office and began destroying her property. Later the same day, Jayme was arrested and charged with domestic assault and battery after police found Bill in the family's front yard with a bloody chin and bruised face.
Bill Daniel reportedly told police the couple ad been up for two-days on drugs. Five months later, Oklahoma County District Attorney Wes Lane's office dismissed the charges.
*I FIND IT INTERESTING THE ONE WHO DROPPED THE CHARGES WAS THE SAME PERSON WHO REFUSED THE ORGANIZATION THAT MAY HAVE STOPPED THIS FROM HAPPENING ACCUSING HER OF LYING TO HIS OFFICE BUT NOT SAYING WHAT. I CAN NOT HELP BUT WONDER IF THIS COULD HAVE BEEN AVOIDED . AND OTHERS HAVE BEEN SHOWN NOT TELLING THE TRUTH IN COURT REAL MEAN DON,T MAKE EXCUSE BUT OTHER THINGS ARE ALLOWED I GUESS
*Charles was charged with domestic assault and battery, convicted and received a two-year deferred sentence.
*Court records state that the couple claimed Charles became enraged over the family pets being let out of the yard (information obtained by Oklahoma's Own.com indicates the fight may have actually begun after Charles arrived home to find his mother and father with a prostitute).
PROSTITUTION AGAIN SEEMS LIKE THERES MORE THAN JUST THE 2 ISSUES THAT ARE RELATED TO THIS OFFICE
Police also noted that when they confronted Bill he stated, "I take full responsibility for my actions tonight" - he never did. Only eight months after charging him with domestic abuse, Oklahoma County District Attorney Wes Lane dropped the charges against Bill.
*May 2004, it was Jayme Daniel who was arrested and charged with assaulting Bill.
Those charges were later dismissed at the request of Oklahoma County District Attorney Wes Lane.
*_________________
THIS IS WHAT THEY WOULD LEAD YOU TO BELIEVE
BRING JUSTICE BACK TO OKLAHOMA:fighting3

Midtowner
08-09-2006, 03:54 PM
Bill Daniels was a nutjob. He didn't know Lane because he didn't practice criminal law. Charges are dropped by battered women all the time.

Blaming the District Attorney for the actions of a drug abusing wife batterer is just silly. Daniels is the only person to be blamed for his idiotic, homicidal, and suicidal behavior.

FOR GIVING HUSBAND
08-09-2006, 04:17 PM
I'm Not Making Judgement On The Two Just Stating That Fact That The Da Droped The Charges On Him. When If He Had Been Areestred The Judge Could Have Forced Him To Get Help And If The Da Had Not Blacked Marked The Abuse Orginization The Wife May Have Been Ably To Get Help On How To Deal With It Or How To Leave .