View Full Version : Just Listening To The Radio

FOR GIVING HUSBAND
08-09-2006, 03:49 PM
HAVE SEEN AND HEARD ADS ABOUT
The Oklahoma County Coalition Against Financial Exploitation of the Elderly (CAFEE) is to significantly address financial exploitation of older adults and people with disabilities by family members, caregivers and others. Together with the partners listed below Wes Lane and the Oklahoma County DA's Office plans to fight exploitation of the elderly
I AGREE THAT THIS ISSUE IS IMPORTANT AND SHOULD BE LOOKED INTO AND IT DOSE CREATE A HARDSHIP ON OUR ELDERLY OF OUR NATION BUT FOR SOME REASON THEY SEEMED TO HAVE GOTTEN OFF TRACK ABOUT WHAT HAD BEEN PROMISED . NOW LETS SEE WHAT WAS IT OH YES TO PROTECT OUR LOVE ONES IN THE CARE OF NURSING HOMES FROM SEX OFFENDERS AND DOING SOME RESEARCH ON THIS ISSUE I CAME ACROSS SOME INTERESTING FACTS THAT BROUGHT UP SOME QUESTIONS

Oklahoma City (AP) - Nursing homes in the state would be given a list of sex offenders under a bill passed by the state Senate today

The state Department of Corrections maintains a list of convicted sex offenders and the bill calls for it to be shared with nursing homes and long term care facilities.
IT SAYS NOTHING ABOUT KEEPING THEM OUT JUST THAT THEY WILL TELL THEM ABOUT THEM BUT STAY WITH ME THERE'S NOTHING TO SAY THEY HAVE TO ACT ON THE INFORMATION GIVEN TO THE ONES IN THEIR CARE OR TO THEIR FAMILIES
IN FACT THE WAY I READ THE BILL IT PROTECTS THE NURSING HOMES IF THEY DO NOT DECIDE TO PROVIDE THE INFORMATION NOT ONLY DOES IT SEEM THERE IS A SECONDARY FRONT TO DISTRACT THE VOTERS AS TO WHAT WAS PROMISED BUT ITEMS WHERE SLIPPED IN TO PROTECT THE NURSING HOMES NOT THE ELDERLY
Today Wes Lane starts his reelection campaign for District Attorney of Oklahoma County with a new campaign Manager hired
NOW IT SEEMS HIS RE ELECTION CAMPAIGN STARTED WITH A BANG OR WAS IT GUN FIRE NOT SURE THERE. BUT HE NOW HAS A NEW CAMPAIGN MANGER , ONE THAT DOES NOT HAVE CONNECTION TO THE NURSING HOME INDUSTRY .
NOW THE QUESTION AS TO WHY HE COULD NOT BETTER HANDLE THE PROBLEM WITH CONNECTIONS LIKE THAT , CAN'T BE ASKED
IN HEARING THE SECOND RADIO SPOT ON PROTECTING THE ELDERLY . SOME THINGS COME TO MIND ABOUT PAST EVENTS. SUCH AS
District Attorney Wes Lane wrote to the Oklahoma County Budget Board this week, seeking money for computers and staff salaries and suggesting it come from funds now spent for community support and economic development.
The letter surprised some board members, who said they spend that money for a bus route in the poorest part of the county and on hot meals and other programs for the elderly.
*NOTE HERE A DIFFERENT STAND IN THING ABOUT BEING WORRIED ABOUT PEOPLE STEALING FROM THE ELDERLY
HE DID NOT HAVE A PROBLEM WITH ANYONE TAKING MONEY FROM THE ELDERLY THAN.
"I'm going to give him (Lane) the benefit of the doubt that he is not cognizant of what those funds are used for," District 3 Commissioner Stan Inman said. "I think that once he finds out that those funds are used to support the elderly of the county and the indigent people of the county, I think he will reconsider his request that we not fund those people in
order to free up the funds to give him for pay increases."
"You are comparing people to people," Lane said. "You are talking about victims of crimes. We are talking about old people here, too.
NOTE THE TERM OLD PEOPLE NOT ELDERLY
We are talking about children here, too. I don't tell the Legislature what to do. I don't tell the Oklahoma County Budget Board what to do.
HE SEEMS TO CARE ABOUT CHILDREN IN THIS STATEMENT
OKC man admits to killing his 12-year-old stepdaughter. In exchange for his plea, killer is sentenced to only 10-years in jail and does not have to disclose the location of the victims body. Family members speak out, claiming that DA Lane was more interested in insuring a conviction than justice for the victim and family.
Budget board members voted Tuesday to cut $112,940 they had been giving the district attorney to supplement his salary and the salaries of his chief deputies.
2 days later, Lane sent a letter to the eight elected officials who serve on the board, notifying them they have not been providing his office with legally required funding for other purposes.
Lane is asking county officials to come up with at least $130,000 to pay for the "true cost" of advising county officials and representing them in legal disputes. He said he will use some of the money to pay for his support staff.
I GUESS MONEY WAS NOT THE ISSUE AS TO WHY THEIR LEAVING
He also wants the county to replace computers in his office and provide additional resources for the county law library. Lane said the county is legally required to pay for those needs.
"Please understand this is purely a business decision, albeit one that I believe is logically demanded. I must find money to be able to keep top- notch prosecutors on my staff," Lane's letter said.
Inman, chairman of the budget board, said the county already provides the district attorney with computers, a law library and some of the other items mentioned in Lane's letter.
Lane did not notify the board of its legal responsibilities identified in the letter during the budget process. He said he discovered the board had not been paying for all of its legal requirements after the board ended the salary supplement and he began looking for alternative funding sources.
"I really think that we have over the years gone into a routine that has been going on for several years in which we just routinely asked for the supplemental funding," Lane said.
County Assessor Mike Means said Lane could save plenty of money by ending the prosecution of Oklahoma City bombing defendant Terry Nichols.
Means said a bus route that serves the poorest in the county and hot meals for senior citizens should take precedence over the Nichols trial.

STEALING MONEY FROM THE ELDERLY IS A ABUSE BUT NOT THE ONE BEING DISCUSSED AT THE TIME. TO REFRESH ONES MEMORY,

The Oklahoman reported that, Shawn Herschel Smith, 30, of Meeker was handed a five-year deferred sentence in return for his guilty plea to one count of abuse and neglect by a caretaker. Special Judge Daniel L. Durocher ordered Smith to attend anger management classes and not to be employed in a nursing home. He must do 100 hours of community service.
The Oklahoman reported Shawn Herschel Smith was accused of hitting Carl E. Earnest, 89 with his fists and knee, causing a black eye, bloody nose, facial abrasions and bruising to the victim's ear, chest and shoulder. Smith was an employee at Harrah Nursing Center at the time of the assault.Reieved a five-year deferred sentence in return for his guilty plea to one count of abuse and neglect by a caretaker. Special Judge Daniel L. Durocher ordered Smith to attend anger management classes and not to be employed in a nursing home. He must do 100 hours of community service.
Group cites Oklahoma County District Attorney Wes Lane's possible conflict of interest in this case and future nursing home cases. During Lane's recent run for office, his campaign manager was Emilee Truelove.

NOTICE THE WORD NURSING HOME CASES MENTION HERE

Truelove is the nursing home industry's spokesperson, as well as spokesperson for Peak Medical Corp. the Harrah Nursing Center's owners from Albuquerque, NM.
THE FOLLOWING STATEMENTS WERE MADE
The Oklahoman quoted Lane in a March 9 report as saying,
"We've become increasingly frustrated because we have serious and possibly criminal conduct that we're just not dealing with adequately. We must take steps to identify serious cases of elder abuse, and prosecute them."

THEY WERE DISCUSSING NURSING HOME ABUSE'S

In the same article, Assistant DA Pattye High stated, "Adult abuse is not unlike child abuse. There are people in nursing homes who aren't getting proper care, which leads to their deaths."
NOTICE THE PHRASE PEOPLE IN NURSING HOMES
In June of 2001, Oklahoma Attorney General Drew Edmondson said district attorneys and judges statewide need a "heightened awareness" of suspected abuse and neglect of nursing home residents, and they should be more aggressive in prosecuting those cases.

NOTICE THE PHRASE NEGLECT OF NURSING HOME RESIDENTS
NOTHING WAS BEING DISCUSSED ABOUT MONEY BEING STOLEN .
BUT IT WAS A NICE TRY IN A ELECTION YEAR
THAT ISSUE IS INDEED IMPORTANT BUT BETWEEN THE TWO ONE THEY LOSE THEIR MONEY THE OTHER THEIR LIFE. PROTECTING THE NURSING HOMES FROM NOT TELLING THE ELDERLY IN THEIR CARE OR THEIR FAMILIES ABOUT POSSIBLE SEX OFFENDERS IN THE NURSING HOME IS NOT PROTECTING THEM

A "Vulnerable Adult" is one who, because of physical or
mental disability, incapacity, or other disability, is
substantially impaired in the ability to provide adequately
for the care or custody of himself or herself, or is unable
to manage his or her property and financial affairs effectively
or protect himself or herself from abuse or exploitation without
assistance from others.

IF I'M NOT MISTAKEN THEY ARE DESCRIBING A NURSING HOME HERE

THE ONES IN NURSING HOME VULNERABLY AS WELL AND THAT'S WHAT STARTED
THIS ISSUE.

Quote from Wes Lane

Again, I am very grateful for the eager spirit exemplified by
each representative organization. I think it is safe to say that we have a message for the criminal lowlife that prey upon the elderly
in this County: Were now working closely together and are hunting you.

HE SEEMS TO HAVE THE FLARE FOR BEING DRAMATIC BECAUSE HIS ACTIONS DON'T PUT OUT MUCH OF A THREAT.

When we find you, we are going to throw you so
deep in a prison cell you'll be a senior citizen yourself before
you get out.

HE MAKES IT SOUND LIKE BEING A SENIOR CITIZEN IS A BAD THING.

There are few acts more despicable than the financial rape of an elder's life savings.

I CAN THINK OF A FEW NOT PROTECTING THE ELDERLY FROM SEX OFFENDERS IN NURSING HOMES . PROTECTING THE NURSING HOMES OVER THE ELDERLY IN THEIR CARE.

The ways elders are financially exploited are as varied as an evil imagination can develop.

THIS SHOULD READ THE WAYS THE ELDERLY ARE EXPLOITED DURING A ELECTION YEAR ARE AS VARIED AS EVIL IMAGINATION CAN DEVELOP

In this community, there are a number of governmental and Private organizations typically involved in various aspects of the investigation of these cases. These include police departments, financial institutions, health care providers, social workers from both the Department of Human Services and private organizations as well as prosecutors from my own office.

IT MIGHT BE NOTED HERE HEATH CARE PROVIDERS ARE" NURSING HOMES"

MY QUESTION HERES IS THEY ARE PROTECTRED FROM TELLING THE ELDERLY OR FAMILIES IN THEIR CARE .
THAN WHATS TO FORCE THEM INTO TELLING THE PROSECUTORS IN HIS OFFICE ???
THE OTHER POINT IS HOW I FIND IT STRANGE HOW HE MADE SURE THE PUBLIC KNEW HE HAD HIRED A NEW CAMPAIGN MANAGER AT THE SAME TIME ANNOUNCING THE START OF HIS CAMPAIGN KICK OFF.
WHICH JUST HAPPENS TO HAVE BEEN BEFORE THE BILL WAS SIGNED .WITH THE PART PROTECTING THE NURSING HOMES IF THEY DECIDE NOT TO DISCLOSE ANY INFORMATION TO THE ELDERLY OR THEIR FAMILIES ABOUT SEX OFFENDERS LIVING IN THEIR HOME.
*MAKES YOU WONDER IF HE WAS WORRIED ABOUT ANY ONE ASKING ABOUT THAT SUBJECT AND ANY CONNECTION TO HIS OLD CAMPAIGN MANAGER