View Full Version : It Was Not A Beating

FOR GIVING HUSBAND
08-09-2006, 03:37 PM
Ex-worker claims inmate beaten
A former Oklahoma County Jail employee claims she was fired because she reported watching fellow workers beat a wheelchair-bound inmate, fire pepper spray in his face and attempt a cover-up of the incident.
Randi Gill, who monitored surveillance cameras at the jail, makes the allegations in a lawsuit filed recently in Oklahoma County District Court. Defendants are the Oklahoma County Board of Commissioners, Sheriff John Whetsel and the sheriff's office.
Six sheriff's department employees were fired three days after the May 17, 2004 incident. Danny Honeycutt, attorney for the sheriff's department, said the decision to fire the employees came after an internal investigation. But Honeycutt said he reviewed a videotape of the incident and does not classify it as a beating.

AS IN OTHER CASES WHAT WOULD CLASSIFY AS IT BETTING

Charges were presented to the district attorney, who declined to file a criminal complaint he said.

"It wasn't a beating; simply a matter of some of our employees acting in an unprofessional manner," Honeycutt said.

SPLITTING HAIRS DON'T YOU THINK I'M SURE THE GUY IN THE WHEEL CHAIR THINKS OTHER WISE

"When they act in that manner they are dealt with. These particular employees, we decided we no longer needed their service."
FOR THOSE THAT DO NOT READ BETWEEN LINES OF OFFICIAL TALK
THIS MEANS THE CATS OUT OF THE BAG AND THEY WHERE FIRED

Those fired were:
Lt. Billy Huff, 27;
Sgt. John Stimson, 28;
Sgt. Chris Smith, 31;
Officer Jonathan Whyatt, 24;
Officer Stephen Clymer, 21;
Officer James Nicolle, 26.
Attempts to reach the former employees were unsuccessful.

IF THE EVENT WAS ON TAPE WHY NOT SHOW TO THE PUBLIC AND LET THEM SEE FOR THEM SELF THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A BEATING
some of our employees acting in an unprofessional manner
Incident reports and a copy of the videotape were requested by The Oklahoman. Sheriff's officials denied the request.
I WONDER WHY
Gill's attorney, Jeff Taylor, provided the newspaper with a copy of the report she filed the day after the incident.
According to Gill's report:
Gill was on duty at about 9 p.m. when a lieutenant and sergeant came into the camera operations room and rewound one of the receiving cameras and viewed the incident.
She saw an "old inmate sitting in a wheelchair" and a deputy officer dumping him out of the chair and beating him with a mop handle.

NORMAL DEPUTY OFFICER TOOL USING A MOP HANDEL
AND I SEE WHERE IT WOULD TAKE SEVERAL OFFICERS TO CONTROL ONE MAN IN A WHEEL CHAIR
Multiple officers were standing around watching, including a sergeant who "laughed and walked off."
Another officer sprayed the inmate with pepper spray after the beating.
One of the officers involved tried to erase the tape and instructed others on what to write in their reports.

I CAN SEE THEY ARE WELL TRAINED ON WHAT TO DO

Honeycutt said the inmate involved, Marvin Oldcrow Jr., was booked into the jail for public intoxication. He said Oldcrow was extremely intoxicated and covered in bodily fluids.
"From the position of the camera you can't see any striking, and it's my opinion the officer was not striking, but it looks like they're trying to mop him," Honeycutt said. "It looks like they're trying to pull his clothes off without touching the biohazard."

THAN WHY TRY TO ERASE THE TAPE
I GUESS ITS NORMAL TO FALSIFY REPORTS

Oldcrow, 47, has been booked into the jail 54 times, mostly for public intoxication, records show. Honeycutt said Oldcrow can be belligerent and combative, but jail officials should be accustomed to dealing with him. He said Oldcrow spit on an employee, which is what prompted the pepper spraying.
"His explanation was that the inmate was refusing to obey orders to take his clothing off, he spit at him and that's when he was sprayed," Honeycutt said. "In my opinion, there was no excuse for that."
Oldcrow could not be reached for comment. His jail records list him as a transient and no address or phone number is listed for him.

IF HE'S BEEN IN JAIL 54 TIMES YOU WOULD THINK THEY WOULD HAVE HIS ADDRESS OR AT LEAST KNOW WHERE HE HANGS OUT
HOW HARD COULD IT BE TO FIND A MAN IN A WHEEL CHAIR
NOT EVERY PLACE HAS ACCESS FOR WHEEL CHAIRS SO THAT KIND OF CUTS DOWN THE SEARCH AREA A BIT

Honeycutt said there were "half-hearted" attempts by the employees involved to keep the incident quiet. He said people were fired for "action and no action."

FALSIFY REPORTS AND TRY TO ERASE THE TAPE WHAT WOULD BE WHOLE HEARTED GETTING RIDE OF THE GUY IN THE WHEEL CHAIR MAYBE
I WOULD DISAGREE ON THE NO ACTION PART I THINK THEY DID DO SOME ACTION AND THEIR NOT THE ONE GETTING FIRED, THE ONE TRYING TO TAKE ACTION IS

Sheriff's officials deny Gill was fired because of what she witnessed. "She is claiming she was terminated because she is a whistleblower and those claims are unfounded," Sgt. Kelly Marshall said.
Marshall would not comment on why Gill was fired. Gill worked at the jail for about three years, according to the lawsuit.
Taylor said the sheriff's department claims his client was fired because she stole mail room items, which she denies.

THERE IS A TAPE OF HER CLAIM WHERE'S THEIR PROOF
I'VE NOTICED THEY PUT OUT CLAIMS BUT DO NOT HAVE TO PROVIDE PROOF OR FORCED TO PRESENT IT
SHE HAD A TAPE TO BACK HER UP
:fighting3