View Full Version : Ruby Tuesday's coming to Tulsa

metro
08-09-2006, 10:54 AM
Ruby Tuesday chain to link 5 in state

The Ruby Tuesday restaurant chain is coming to Oklahoma. The casual dining restaurant chain plans to open five restaurants in the Tulsa area beginning in 2007, according to a Ruby Tuesday Inc. news release.
Franchise and development rights, acquired by RT's of Oklahoma LLC, call for the market to be developed over four years.

Mike Treadwell, President of RT's of Oklahoma and owner of Treadwell Enterprises, has more 25 years experience in the restaurant industry. Treadwell and Treadwell Enterprises own and operate both quick service and casual full-service restaurants throughout the Midwest and southeastern United States and have been franchisees of brands including: Kentucky Fried Chicken, A&W, Pizza Hut, Long John Silver's, Taco Bell, and Rib Crib.

Started more than 30 years ago in Knoxville, Tenn., the Ruby Tuesday chain has grown to more than 850 locations.

SoonerDave
08-10-2006, 04:11 PM
Hey, put one in OKC!!! I've been to Ruby Tuesday's and it's very nice!

-SoonerDave

metro
08-11-2006, 02:24 PM
Yes, I'm disappointed they didn't come to OKC first, but it goes to that whole thing about misconception of an economy. Everyone knows OKC is fueling the state's economy, even the governor said it not too long ago. However, Tulsa has a greater population density per square mile thus they get about half of the chain restaurants that are new to Oklahoma before OKC. I'm sure OKC will be quick to follow for Ruby Tuesday's, once they get familiar with the Oklahoma Market. Now I won't have to just watch their commercials, we can eat their soon too.

OKCMann
08-31-2006, 08:33 PM
They have a good salad bar IMO! Its fresh and loaded very nicely.

writerranger
08-31-2006, 09:35 PM
In 1994 Ruby Tuesday's WAS coming to Oklahoma City. They had a "Coming Soon" sign at Penn Square right there at the SW entrance - the one just to the east of Dillards. It stayed up for several months, there was preliminary work inside when the work suddenly stopped and the sign came down.

---------------