View Full Version : It's been a looooooong time.

Jason
07-13-2004, 03:59 PM
It's been forever since I posted anything or sent anyone any e-mails so I'm not sure exactly what I've been missing. I've been working actively on my book since 2001 and I still have a ways to go with thousands of photographs to sort through and thousands more to take. I've been working on a photography book about Tulsa, OKC, and Dallas-Ft Worth and taking an actual look at the cityscapes. Every regional book you see deals with naturescapes and pays little attention to the big cities like OKC/Tulsa, home to the state's largest populations so I'm creating a book to change that image. These are photographs one never sees of the big cities here. It's been eating up any and all spare time that I've had so I'm rarely ever online at all anymore. I still check in occasionally but more often than not it's rather difficult for me to find the time to be online.

I'm still around and here's a sample of what I've been working on but I'd caution and advise not sending these pictures around due to the copyright issue and because the book is not yet complete but I just wanted folks to see what I've been working on. They are in black and white to save space.

Picture 1) A view of I-244 heading east towards downtown Tulsa in the distance. The traffic trails are visible on the roadway.

Picture 2) A nighttime view of Park Ave in downtown Oklahoma City. By this time at night the normally busy and bustling street had become deserted.

- Jason Madrid

TStheThird
07-13-2004, 04:04 PM
Nice pics and good luck with your book!

Keith
07-13-2004, 07:32 PM
Hey Jason.........Welcome back! It looks like we are finally getting many of the regular posters back that we had when Talkback shut down. Man, those pictures are great. I wish I had the talent to do stuff like that. I also wish you good luck on your book, and look forward to hearing from you on this forum.

floater
07-13-2004, 07:40 PM
Welcome back, Jason. Those are great pics. It's great you're filling a void, showing urbanism in the Great Plains...best of luck in publication!!!

Patrick
07-13-2004, 11:40 PM
Hey Jason,

Wow....welcome back! It's great to hear from you. Man, you are quite a photographer. Those pictures are amazing. I didn't realize the talent you had in that field! Let us all know when the book comes out and where we can purchase it. I'll be interested in purchasing it. Your book will definitely fill a void, as you mention there are not too many pictures that focus on the intricate details on the larger cities in Oklahoma!

Well, hope to see you on this forum from time to time! It's great to get the OCART and MAPS Forum groups back together!