View Full Version : What would it take for OKC to get a DandB?

ETL
08-05-2006, 11:23 AM
Is OKC not big enough to support a Dave and Busters? I thing Dave and Busters is a great family place and would do well in OKC, Moore, or Norman. Especially in Norman, with the UNP coming and all! Oh, in Moore, I think near the Warren Theater would be great!

venture
08-05-2006, 06:31 PM
Dave and Busters or GameWorks would be perfect for Bricktown or UNP. I'm shocked one hasn't found their way here yet.

BricktownGuy
08-06-2006, 03:11 AM
From what I know Hogan did try to lure a DandB to Bricktown within the last 1-2 years. I believe I deal could not be reached.

I agree, there should be something like that in UNP.

ETL
08-06-2006, 06:59 PM
What is GameWorks?

venture
08-06-2006, 07:24 PM
http://www.gameworks.com/

ETL
08-06-2006, 07:29 PM
What are our chances of getting a Dave and Buster's or a GameWorks?

mranderson
08-06-2006, 07:32 PM
What are our chances of getting a Dave and Buster's or a GameWorks?

Gameworks was going to locate here, however, the plan that included it in bricktown was not awarded.

Dave and Busters? Been there. You can have it. It sucked.

ETL
08-06-2006, 07:34 PM
Why was it not awarded?

mranderson
08-06-2006, 08:00 PM
Why was it not awarded?

The development for "lower" bricktown was between three developers. Moshe Tal, Randy Hogan and one other. Patrick may remeber which was which, however, the developer who negotiated with Gameworks did not win the contract for Bricktown.

ETL
08-06-2006, 08:02 PM
So GameWorks wants to be in the OKC area, but is there a chance for GameWorks to build in Bricktown in the near future?

metro
08-07-2006, 01:40 PM
ETL, Dave and Busters are franchised, so if you've got the money or can get a group together, go ahead. I personally don't think they are all that and I'm supposively the "uber-hip - twentysomething crowd". IMO they will be like Planet Hollywood, etc. that will fizzle out and loose it's appeal. Gameworks lost out because Hogan got the Lower Bricktown contract. OKC could support either one, it's just a matter of who wants to fund it. I wouldn't mind having one of those X Games places either.

There's been numerous discussions on this topic already, if you do a search, you can find what others had to say about the issue as well.

ETL
08-07-2006, 04:22 PM
ETL, Dave and Busters are franchised, so if you've got the money or can get a group together, go ahead. I personally don't think they are all that and I'm supposively the "uber-hip - twentysomething crowd". IMO they will be like Planet Hollywood, etc. that will fizzle out and loose it's appeal. Gameworks lost out because Hogan got the Lower Bricktown contract. OKC could support either one, it's just a matter of who wants to fund it. I wouldn't mind having one of those X Games places either.

There's been numerous discussions on this topic already, if you do a search, you can find what others had to say about the issue as well.

Actually, D and B don’t allow franchisees.

http://www.daveandbusters.com/About/Franchise.aspx

What was developed instead of a GameWorks?

jbrown84
08-07-2006, 04:25 PM
What was developed instead of a GameWorks?

the Harkins and Toby Keith's

ETL
08-07-2006, 04:26 PM
Oh, ok! Thanks, but could they build one somewhere else in Bricktown.

jbrown84
08-08-2006, 11:07 AM
Certainly, but it's been a long time and their expansion strategies may be completely different. You should email them and ask.

metro
08-08-2006, 12:31 PM
ETL, you're right. At one time (not too long ago), they were accepting franchising applications. I guess they got smart and went corporate owned.