View Full Version : Stock/Fund Tips

Midtowner
08-03-2006, 09:53 AM
I have a fund tip to share with y'all. Check out T.Rowe's "New Era" fund. I was amazed at how well it fits the current economy; also, the performance is outstanding.

http://www.troweprice.com/common/indexFundFacts/0,0,ticker=PRNEX,00.html?scn=Fund_Information&rfpgid=retailhome&custom=false

I put my money where my mouth is -- I dumped my entire savings into it.

Oki_Man5
08-03-2006, 03:34 PM
Just remember, "Past performance does not guarantee future performance."

We had some funds before 9/11 (Still have them by the way.) that just kept on a climbing---never fell; just always went up; then, 9/11 hit, and they dropped like a rock---not necessarily below where we bought them, but they dropped really big time.

So just remember this could do the same. I would recommend many different funds; they can all be with T. Rowe, but they need to have different managers.

Good luck! And please believe me when I say I hope they never drop; this is your future retirement.

Pete

Oki_Man5
08-03-2006, 03:39 PM
I am curious what happened in early 2003 that made it begin to climb after it bobbled like it did from the mid 80's to 2003; do you know?

Midtowner
08-03-2006, 05:04 PM
Pete: The fund invests primarily in energy exploration.

Does that answer your question? :)

Oki_Man5
08-03-2006, 08:51 PM
Knowing that the mineral lease on my property in eastern Oklahoma brought more when I leased it to the gas company about the same time that the curve started inching toward the sky, it surely does.

LOL I sit on the edge of my seat every day as I look in the business section to see if they intend to drill on my property knowing they all say they will not drill till the lease is just about to expire which will be this November.

Be ready after November for part of your natural gas payment to come to me.