View Full Version : Personals ads

mranderson
10-17-2004, 06:47 PM
Who has a personals ad currently listed on one of the singles websites such as Yahoo Personals? If so, what is the title? Has it worked? What kind of people have you encountered?

Mine. Yes. Mine is entitled "Looking ForThe Girl Next Door." I have met one woman as a result. It was not a good meeting. For some reason, whenever I pass the IHOP I can still smell the rubber from her tires. She never told me why she did not want to see me again.

I have had responses, but mostly I have responded to dozens of ads. So many without good results, I will not pay the money for the priviladge again.

A bit of advise, people. If you do not want to pursue an encounter, tell them why... And be honest. If there is a problme, the person can not change it unless they know about it. Do not just ignore them. That is rude.

Patrick
10-19-2004, 12:19 AM
I just had to find mranderson's ad!

Here's the link if anyone wants to check his ad out:
http://personals.yahoo.com/us/preview/preview?search=1&resulttype=1&kws=1&searchinternal=1&position=4&total=6&adid=personals-1026857112-008416&affid=&searchview=1&searchsort=1&speed=2&advanced=&primary=&searchname=

floater
10-19-2004, 02:46 PM
Gotta admire that honesty!!

HoodRat
10-19-2004, 11:06 PM
! :eek: !

Patrick
10-19-2004, 11:25 PM
Yahoo Personals can be a good tool to use if you're looking for that special someone. Match.com is also becoming pretty popular among people my age.

moneymaker79
12-22-2004, 08:36 PM
I have my add on both match and yahoo, but dont remember my title. I have met many women and dated a few. I have yet to find THE ONE. I hope to one day settle down , but dont know if I will find them on there or not I have one piece of advice. If they dont have a picture dont go see them...I have met some really unattractive women without pics...so get a pic first. Good Luck!

moneymaker79
01-30-2005, 06:24 PM
Here is an update,I have had so much luck with the Match and Yahoo Personals, that I have been on literally 12 different dates in the last 3 weeks. Even gotten a little action, so it is a really good place to meet people. Good luck to you all....MONEY