View Full Version : Dan McGuinness Irish Pub coming to OKC

metro
07-31-2006, 01:03 PM
I know not too long ago someone was asking if OKC' had any Irish pub's. Well, I was reading July 25th's edition of the Journal Record. Dan McGuinness, an Irish pub based out of Memphis, Tenn. is expanding to several OKC metro locations. The first one will be in Moore. They are looking for local investors as well. For more info you can call Jim at 405-409-7262.

Easy180
07-31-2006, 01:06 PM
first one in Moore...my prayers may have finally been answered!!

Midtowner
07-31-2006, 01:07 PM
One of these downtown, please???????

I'd love to see an upscale watering hole like this open on the ground floor of a building in the CBD.

Easy180
07-31-2006, 01:47 PM
my buddy said there is already a sign for it...going to be in that new little retail center right across from the Greens apartments on 149th/19th

Great news as far as I'm concerned

Pete
07-31-2006, 01:54 PM
http://www.danmcguinnesspub.com/

Already shows "coming soon" to Oklahoma City.

I had never thought about the complete lack of Irish Pub's in OKC. Gotta be less than just about any English-speaking city on earth.

mranderson
07-31-2006, 02:06 PM
Lots of nice things on the menu. I think we will try it when they open on the north side.

fsusurfer
07-31-2006, 02:25 PM
Ive been saying Bricktown needs a true irish pub for years!

brianinok
07-31-2006, 04:52 PM
There is a Baker Street on Memorial. Isn't that an Irish pub?

Easy180
07-31-2006, 05:28 PM
it's a British themed pub....I like it, but so enjoy the 40 minute drive to get there

TStheThird
07-31-2006, 06:28 PM
Forget about English speaking cities... Irish Pubs are the glue that holds the entire world together. I watched OSU play in the Final Four at the Fiddler's Elbow Irish Pub in Florence. Shortly after, we continued to drown our sorrows at another Irish pub in town.

Speaking of Irish Pubs, I am going to have to partake tonight. I will have to go to Kilkenney's tonight. Glorious...

Midtowner
07-31-2006, 07:02 PM
My favorite Irish pubs are in Madrid -- and they're literally everywhere.

jbrown84
07-31-2006, 10:50 PM
Baker Street as in Sherlock Holmes as in London.

I'm glad to see this news. I was the one that brought it up recently. Wish it was local, but oh well.

diesel
08-01-2006, 11:29 AM
I laugh when I see Baker Street.. How can you turn a building that was China Court (asian theme) into a restaurant that is now Irish?? It still looks Asian to me with a horrible paint job..

Easy180
08-01-2006, 11:45 AM
diesel...you are right it is pretty weak in there...all they did was put in a big bar in the middle...threw in a couple british things and called it a day

diesel
08-01-2006, 12:00 PM
diesel...you are right it is pretty weak in there...all they did was put in a big bar in the middle...threw in a couple british things and called it a day

I totally agree and all the college kids love the place.. Because think about it, there is a large population of young people living around 122nd and Penn and Baker Street is very near.. Someone needs to get smart and add a few clubs around the Memorial area to attract the crowd... Could be a baby bricktown.. A great example of a club that would fit very nicely around the Memorial area is Carsons Live.. Its a club in Addison (Dallas), TX.. www.carsonspalace.com It has a dance floor, very nice bar and a restaurant all in one club...

jbrown84
08-01-2006, 12:50 PM
Once again, Baker Street is a British pub, not an Irish pub.

diesel
08-01-2006, 01:03 PM
Once again, Baker Street is a British pub, not an Irish pub.

Yeah I typed it wrong.. :)

TStheThird
08-01-2006, 02:38 PM
All this pub talk... back to Kilkenney's for round two.

metro
08-01-2006, 03:21 PM
where is Kilkenney's?

Swake2
08-01-2006, 07:13 PM
Killkenny's is a great Irish pub, it's in the Cherry Street district in Tulsa. Cherry Street also has The Empire Bar, but it's more a British bar.

Downtown has Arnie's Irish Pub, I think Tulsa's second oldest bar, really the gold standard for Irish Pubs. And there's McNellie's Public House, Tulsa's best of the newer Irish pubs. Both are in the Blue Dome area. There's also Patrick's on the south side and Crow Creek Tavern in Brookside.

Broken Arrow has a Fox and Hound, but that's more British and just a chain place anyway, isn't there one of those in OKC?

Easy180
08-01-2006, 09:10 PM
yeah there is one on Memorial...it's getting killed by the chinese restaurant bldg/British pub Baker Street...guess it might come back when the newness wears off Baker

TStheThird
08-01-2006, 10:00 PM
Arnies... it is decent. In my opinion, it is nowhere near the gold standard. McNellies is alright, but suffers from the same problem as Tapworks... too many beers on tap.

Hear me out... if you like a beer that everyone else is drinking, things are good. If you choose a beer that no one is drinking, it is foul.

I have had many a great beer and many a poor beer at McNellies and Tapworks. Kilkenny's has about 15 or so beers on tap... about the right amount to keep all fresh and in top form.

In my travels, I have been to over 20 Irish pubs in 10 different countries. I would rank Kilkenny's in the top five. I really enjoy it... it is something that I cannot explain.

Remember... what I write is not fact, but my opinion.