View Full Version : Apartment in North OKC

compsciguy
07-29-2006, 10:06 AM
I am looking for an apartment either on the north side of OKC or in Edmond. My wife is going to be attending UCO in edmond, and I work in OKC near NW Expressway and Macaruthur.

We were thinking of checking out The Links. . .anybody heard anything good or bad about this apartment complex??

bandnerd
07-29-2006, 10:34 AM
All I can say is do not live in Windrush apartments in Edmond. I lived there for 5 years and it just got worse and worse. It's been 2 years since I've lived there, and I would never go back.

MadMonk
07-29-2006, 12:08 PM
It's not an apartment, but one of my coworkers is selling his (1500 square foot) condo very close to your work location. He's getting married and has bought a new house and is ready to sell. PM me if you're interested and want further details (that goes for anyone else too).

Patrick
07-29-2006, 04:17 PM
The Links are very nice.

There are several nice complexes north of 122nd on MacArthur...the Warrington, the Gables, Crowne Pointe. I'd stay away from Pinehurst.

Stay away from 122nd and Penn.

Most of the Edmond complexes are over-priced.

My wife and I live in the Summit Condominiums, north of Hefner off May Ave. We get a pretty good deal here and like our complex. It's small.

beatlebutt81
07-29-2006, 09:37 PM
Quail Ridge at May and Memorial isn't too bad. It's fairly cheap and good quality.

Edmond apartments are way too over-priced.

Patrick
07-30-2006, 10:09 PM
Quail Run isn't bad either.

If you're looking more inner city, might try Copperfield (across from Shepherd Mall) or Coventry Cove (north of NW 50th off Hudson Ave). I have several friends that live in both and like them.

OklaCity_75
07-30-2006, 10:44 PM
I live at the Warrington and its one of the nicest complexes in the city in my opinion.

The people are respectful, the maintenance is prompt, the grounds are always tidy and the management evicts people that cause problems.

I checked the availability of a one bedroom for a coworker the other day. From what my landlord told me, the complex is at 100% occupancy and looks to stay that way for sometime.

She is taking names for a waiting list but you will be waiting for at least 60 days provided someone moves. Most of the tenants consist of single professionals, students, married couples and small families. Since school is starting in a few weeks, I think it is safe to say that there will be no vacancies until December.

davido
08-01-2006, 06:28 PM
try Phesant Run apartments, I used to work security there some time ago. 6100 N Meridian