View Full Version : Pets served for dinner?

Patrick
07-28-2006, 01:22 PM
Should the use of dog meat in dishes prepared by the Asian population in some of our local restaurants be banned?

Midtowner
07-28-2006, 01:29 PM
I'm fine with imported meat. Those dogs are raised for meat purposes.

I do notice, however, that there isn't much of an animal control problem in the Asian district. Coincidence? ;)

Keith
07-28-2006, 05:31 PM
I'm fine with imported meat. Those dogs are raised for meat purposes.

I do notice, however, that there isn't much of an animal control problem in the Asian district. Coincidence? ;)
Maybe they should put an animal hospital behind an Asian restaurant, and have swinging doors.....it would be convenient for the Asian restaurant.

Luke
07-28-2006, 05:33 PM
I wonder how many of us have eaten dog and not even realized it.

sweetdaisy
07-28-2006, 07:24 PM
You guys are not right! Ewww! :D

Patrick
07-28-2006, 08:27 PM
Some of the strangest topics bring the most posts. LOL!

mranderson
07-28-2006, 08:50 PM
Yes, indeed... Well, gotta go check the Poodle on the grill.:tweeted:

sweetdaisy
07-28-2006, 10:04 PM
"Hot dog" anyone? :D

OklaCity_75
07-28-2006, 10:05 PM
This reminds me of what happened to one of my military friends.

This happened while I was in Okinawa and he was on detachment to Pohang, Korea.

He was at an outdoor market and found a booth that sold Siberian Huskies. This cute girl asked him if we wanted to buy a dog. He said sure can you hold it for me while I go over to eat across the way. She said she would hold it. When he came back, he asked where the dog was she handed him some meat wrapped in butcher paper.

He said he almost fainted because he expected to take the dog back to the base and keep it as a pet, then arrange to have it shipped back to the states for his daughter.

BTW they did you guys know that they raise St. Bernard’s in China for human consumption. True story I seen this on CNN World while I was overseas. From what they were saying, the Chinese see the St. Bernard as the equivalent to a cow.

If you do not believe me google it.