View Full Version : Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory in Quail Springs is Gone

jbrown84
07-26-2006, 11:54 AM
I noticed the other day that the Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory in Quail Springs has gone out of business. I always thought it would be better suited for Bricktown because it is more of a tourist place. Also Sam Goody went out and will be replaced with a vintage clothing store.

Quail Springs Mall to add several stores

OKLAHOMA -- Quail Springs Mall is adding several stores to its mix, including a vintage clothing store.
Galaxy Vintage and Modern Clothing will open Tuesday in the space formerly occupied by Sam Goody, said Stacey Aldridge, group marketing manager.

Galaxy sells a mix of designer jeans and original concert T-shirts from the '70s, '80s and '90s, as well as other vintage clothing.

A Yankee Candle store will open before Christmas. In addition, American Eagle Outfitters is expanding its presence in the mall, Aldridge said.

http://www.newsok.com/article/2820953/?template=business/main

metro
07-26-2006, 01:05 PM
Never knew we had a Rocky Mountain Chocolate factory, yes I'd rather see it downtown, Galaxy Vintage has announced that site along time ago. Their local and also have a store on May. They used to be in Penn Sq.

drumsncode
07-26-2006, 01:42 PM
I used to trade with Rocky Mountain Chocolate factory when I had money to burn, but there's something about spending several dollars on something that takes one minute to devour that rubs me the wrong way.

I can go to 7-11 and get something wickedly good for half the price, or I can spend 5 dollars and make my own batch of brownies that lasts for 3 days. Now THAT's what I'm talking about!

jbrown84
07-26-2006, 10:35 PM
Exactly why they should cater to tourists, not the teeny-boppers that frequent Quail. (I'm not insenuating you're a teeny-bopper)

SoonerDave
07-27-2006, 09:41 AM
The head of Yankee Candle is considering a sale of the company "to increase shareholder value," according to the Oklahoman this morning. Don't know how, if at all, that might affect the OKC store. Probably not in the short-term, but who knows...

-SoonerDave

mranderson
07-27-2006, 10:41 AM
The head of Yankee Candle is considering a sale of the company "to increase shareholder value," according to the Oklahoman this morning. Don't know how, if at all, that might affect the OKC store. Probably not in the short-term, but who knows...

-SoonerDave

Corporate sales rarely effect expansions like the one here.

Patrick
07-27-2006, 11:40 AM
Penn Square still has a Galaxy Clothing Store on the lower level by JC Penney.

Quail Springs has several vacancies at the moment.