View Full Version : Triangle/Downtown Housing Questions

sdsooners
07-25-2006, 06:19 PM
I have been reading this board for a long time but have never really gotten into posting before now, so I am hoping someone here might be able to help me out with a couple easy questions?

I am in the very early stages of looking into moving into one of our new developments downtown. I am not really interested in apartments or lofts, but would rather have the individual entrance, garage, and privacy of a townhome or brownstone style home. Does anyone know the price ranges of the three projects that include this style - Block 42, Brownstones at Maywood Park, and The Hill? Are there any other projects similar to these planned? Also, which (if any) of these projects offer rooftop decks or private courtyards?

One more question, has anyone heard of any plans within these developments or the Triangle area for a dog park/run? I know all big cities with this style of homes typically has a pet park since people dont have backyards.

Thanks for your help.

Karried
07-25-2006, 07:12 PM
Hi and welcome to the board! Take a look at this site and see if it answers some of your questions.. feel free to PM me if you'd like with any questions...

http://www.downtownokc.com/Default.aspx?tabid=155

metro
07-26-2006, 01:12 PM
Additionally, Maywood Park and the Hill, you can easily expect to enter the market at 300K on up to a million plus. Block 42 you can still get in on a few units in the low to mid 200's.

As far as a dog run/park. A good friend and colleague of mine is currently working on finalizing a plan for such. He along with others and myself have quite some momentum built up with city leaders already on this. PM me if you're interested and I'll give you more information. Next time we have a public meeting, I'll post it on here.

Right now, unofficially, there are quite a few grassy areas in between the Deep Deuce apartments that many downtowners use, they even have bag dispensers to pick up, you know, "doggy poo".

fsusurfer
07-26-2006, 01:31 PM
Smaller units at the Hill are starting around 180..

wsucougz
07-26-2006, 02:39 PM
And don't forget Harvey lofts in the up and coming midtown. Prices range from the low to upper 100's.

http://harveyloftsokc.com/

Turanacus
03-13-2007, 02:13 PM
Judging from the looks of it, Brownstones @ Maywood Park are going to be drawfed by the Block 42.

metro
03-13-2007, 06:22 PM
Turanacus, I believe you meant to say dwarfed? I'm not so sure what your point is with that, they are two different types of developments. Block 42 is a LEED certified green building of elevator accessed flats and condo's. Maywood Park is Brownstones. Totally different concepts. Also both projects are 3-4 stories. Maywood Park will eventually have more residents, plus a park and street level retail.

jbrown84
03-13-2007, 09:20 PM
I don't know what he means by that either. Maywood Park will take up more city blocks by far, and have more residents.

Both are great, welcome additions to the area though.

Spartan
03-13-2007, 11:10 PM
The Brownstones development is including its own PUBLIC park and Block 42 has a private court yard that the development is centered around. Both will be very nice.

CCOKC
03-14-2007, 10:59 PM
My husband and I have been talking about moving downtown but I think I would miss my garden. Anybody know if somebody is planning a community garden downtown?
I have talked to the lady at the Food Bank who runs the community garden project and know that they help get them started but would anyone want to spare an acre or two in the Triangle?

Turanacus
03-15-2007, 08:16 AM
I'm just trying to get conversations started on topics that I find interesting. The last post on this thread was from July 26 2006 - a dead thread. I'm doing my part to keep this site interesting and informative (and recent). Ease up and have a little fun with it. This web site would be much better if Metro

metro
03-15-2007, 08:34 AM
I welcome your discussions Turanacus, but reading old news that has already been talked about doesn't really spark my interest nor probably others. If you bring something new to the table, I'm all for it.

Turanacus
03-15-2007, 09:13 AM
Metro, I do spark your interest. You respond to every one of my posts. If you don't like what I'm adding to the mix, try moving on. If there are several threads that haven't been touched in a year, I doubt if my covering old discussions is going to bother many people.

How do I find out what is going on with the "blue dome" mexican restaurant going up at NW Expressway and Classen? Also, what's up with that hotel that has gone up across the street from IHOP but has never opened?

metro
03-15-2007, 09:17 AM
Turanacus, I believe you are referring to Laredo's mexican, to be honest, I don't think anyone knows what is going on with that any more. Chesapeake bought them out almost two years ago when they were next to the Chesapeake Campus on 63rd and it was supposed to be done quick (should have been at least with the money Chesapeake paid them). The project got held off due to an argument with their contractor. They said they were getting a new contractor and construction woud resume in two weeks although it took months again. They appeared to start on it before Christmas again but ever since I haven't seen any progress. I drive by all the time during the day and never see anyone over there. I'm guessing they have financial issues. I sure hope it gets done because it's become an eyesore. As far as the hotel, I forget the name of it but it's the one behind Classen Grill I'm assuming you're talking about. I think they are finishing up the interior and should be open any time.

Turanacus
03-15-2007, 02:55 PM
great info, i did see a sudden rebirth of work on the restaurant, but like you said, it was short lived.

i hope both the hotel and that restaurant open soon, it would be a nice boost to the area, although i'm worried about that hotel. it doesn't appear to be a holiday inn express or the like. i hope it's not a new "guest hotel."

i wish we could get some hot spots in this area, all of the goods go up to Quail or down to Norman (Salt Grass, BJ's, etc). cheesecake was nice but that's all we have. i don't think elephant bar is worth mentioning . . .

any thing recent on the pearl's relocation? also heard that flip's was relocating, but i heard that over a year ago.

jbrown84
03-15-2007, 03:07 PM
I hope Flip's isn't moving. It would be another restaurant to lose all it's history and character to the mighty Chesapeake wrecking ball.

The Penn area is developing some momentum with Olive Garden, Elephant Bar, and Cheesecake Factory.

Turanacus
03-15-2007, 03:11 PM
is there a belle isle thread in this here board?

metro
03-15-2007, 03:12 PM
I drove by Pearl's yesterday. The exterior is coming along nicely with the stone already going up. It should be open by May I'm guessing.

Easy180
03-15-2007, 03:19 PM
metro...too lazy to search...Where exactly is Pearl's going in??

BFizzy
03-15-2007, 06:41 PM
Ahhhh..... There's nothing like the smell of new okctalk member with good intentions getting completely torched by a know-it-all message board veteran.

It's kind of like telling a visitor new to Oklahoma City to "go look at a map" when they ask for directions. Bravo!

Welcome to the board Turanacus.

jbrown84
03-15-2007, 06:44 PM
On Classen north of Belle Isle crossing, where it starts to curve back east.

metro
03-16-2007, 11:40 AM
Jbrown is correct about Pearl's and to answer your question Turanacus, there are several Belle Isle threads.