View Full Version : Hey swake or nuclear

Patrick
10-15-2004, 01:19 AM
I was wondering if you guys had any new news regarding the Skelley Building in downtown Tulsa. I hadn't heard anything about it lately.

swake
10-15-2004, 09:07 AM
The interior of the Skelly is being cleared out now, probably a matter of days before they start leveling it. I’m guessing it will be the same crew that’s taking down the old Froug’s building across the street, and it’s about all the way down now. Again, this just makes no sense, there’s a brand new parking garage that opened September 1st across the street from the Tulsa World, there is no reason for the Skelly to come down for parking. There even was a buyer available for the Skelly that wanted to convert it to apartments and the Lorton’s still are still tearing it down, reportedly even after the mayor asked them to sell.

There is some good news downtown, I work across the street from the Philtower, and looking in the windows it looks like work has already begun in there on converting the upper floors to apartments. The conversion of the old Norton Buick dealership to office space as the Headquarters for KMO is about done on the south side of downtown. I’ve also seen survey crews working on the warehouse that is being restored as office space in the Brady District, so construction should start soon on that project too. And work is progressing to fix the Wiltel building where it was damaged over the summer in that windstorm. The work on Main Mall is finally getting close to being done and it’s looks like some of the lots for the arena are being cleared already.

Patrick
10-18-2004, 11:20 PM
Hey swake, thanks for the update. It's sad to hear that the Lorton's are so sold on tearing that property down. Someone needs to run them out of town!

Anyways, the news on the Philtowner Building was a positive.

Keep us up to date on Tulsa news! We always love to hear it!