View Full Version : Hamburgers

davido
07-21-2006, 01:54 PM
I can't seem to find a decient burger anymore, I used to get a great one at interurban in Norman. Goldies in Norman is pretty good too.Johnny's Hamburgers are good and they have good hand cut fries. Anyone else have some good spots.

Easy180
07-21-2006, 01:58 PM
Try Ron's on N May....their specialty is the sausage burger, which is half sausage half burger combined...place is always packed at lunch

metro
07-21-2006, 02:00 PM
Ron's is awesome!!! I liked Allen's Grill on 39th and Rockwell in Bethany, it's now Swadley's Grill from the owners of Swadley's BBQ. I hear they make a mean onion burger though.

John
07-21-2006, 02:29 PM
It's in Norman, but Sooner Dairy Lunch on Main has some of the best burgers/fries/shakes around.

escan
07-21-2006, 03:03 PM
The best hamburger in OKC (IMO) is at Iron Starr...it's served w/ jalapeno relish....wonderful!

Also Alan's on Harvey has a great burger.

Easy180
07-21-2006, 03:16 PM
Where is Iron Starr escan??

bandnerd
07-21-2006, 05:42 PM
Irma's Burger Shack makes a tasty burger, too, plus they have organic beef if you want it. It's called "no-name." They also have good onion rings.

windowphobe
07-21-2006, 05:46 PM
Iron Starr is at 36th and Shartel, across the street from the Gazette.

escan
07-21-2006, 10:47 PM
Iron Starr is where the Painted Desert used to be....NW 36th and Shartel.

Yodachaos
07-21-2006, 11:50 PM
I love Ron's burgers as well. everytime I go there to eat , the place is packed.

mranderson
07-22-2006, 08:22 AM
The best burgers I have eaten (hope they have not changed) would be Charoal Oven. I like the sauce.

OklaCity_75
07-22-2006, 08:51 AM
I used to like Charcoal Oven. These days the burgers are not as good. It seems like they are adding too much garlic to the meat.

These days my favorite burger place is a tie between Red Robin and Little Mike's. Chessburger in paradise takes a close second.

The only place I have ever had a bad burger is Coach's in Bricktown. It just tatsed awful.

Stinger
07-24-2006, 09:07 AM
My favorites (in order):
1. Irma's Burger Shack (63rd & Western)
2. Ron's Hamburgers (Across from Steinmart on N. May)
3. Earl's Rib Palace (Multiple metro locations)
4. Johnnies (Multiple metro locations)
5. Nichols Hills Drug (Nichols Hills Plaza)

quailcreekgal
07-24-2006, 03:06 PM
I keep trying different Johnnie's locations searching for one with quality food and service and I'm ready to give up. I don't understand how my friend and I can be two of 8-12 people in the entire restaurant, wait 10 minutes for food and still be served cold burgers and onion rings. I'm tired of having to take my food back and ask for a fresh hot burger and rings.
Has anyone tried the Red Robin at Penn and Memorial?

metro
07-24-2006, 03:14 PM
I love the Red Robin at Penn and Memorial. I love the Robin Egg burger

Easy180
07-24-2006, 03:17 PM
I take it from the name it has a fried egg on it...if you like that try the E.B. burger at Emerson Biggins...has ham on it as well...can't eat it all but it is good...goes great w/ a few Blvd Wheats

Midtowner
07-24-2006, 03:42 PM
I used to like Charcoal Oven. These days the burgers are not as good. It seems like they are adding too much garlic to the meat.

These days my favorite burger place is a tie between Red Robin and Little Mike's. Chessburger in paradise takes a close second.

The only place I have ever had a bad burger is Coach's in Bricktown. It just tatsed awful.

The only Coach's I'll eat at is the one in Norman. The rest of them have really let their quality go down the tubes.

PhilTLL
07-25-2006, 07:39 AM
Red Horse Grill in Norman on Main, in the shopping center with the Game Exchange (just east of 24th, north side of Main), has good normal-burgers, good onion-burgers, and good shakes, but the attraction is chili cheese fries that will rock your world in portions that inspire that sort of "children are starving in Africa" guilt.

If it's still there. I haven't eaten there since my sophomore year (2004).

mranderson
07-25-2006, 08:12 AM
Another good one is Steak n' Shake. I wait drooling for them to open a location near me.

Very expensive, but really good.

metro
07-25-2006, 11:01 AM
Steak n'Shake and that other new joint in Edmond similar to it are EXCELLENT burgers. I had Emerson Biggins last week and was not impressed at all. It's a sports bar and the only reason to go is for the "eye candy" not the food.

OklaCity_75
07-25-2006, 11:24 AM
I noticed they just opened another Steak n' Shake on 29th in front of the new Lowe's in MWC. Hopefully, southside and NW OKC will be next.

I tried one of those BK stackers yesterday. The quad is pretty good for a drive-thru burger.

Stinger
07-25-2006, 01:20 PM
Has anyone been to Flat Tire in Edmond? It's a new, locally owned place that's supposed to be good. I have yet to try it.

Midtowner
07-25-2006, 03:46 PM
Stinger -- it ain't bad. I've been there a couple times.

Nothing stood out, but it wasn't terrible either.

escan
07-26-2006, 08:57 AM
I keep hearing how expensive Steak and Shake is....how expensive can a burger be?

Stinger
07-26-2006, 09:09 AM
how expensive can a burger be?

At about 5 1/2 inches across and 2 1/2 inches thick, the mound of meat is comprised of beef from three continents American prime beef, Japanese Kobe and Argentine cattle.
The bill for one burger, with garnishing that includes organic greens, exotic mushrooms and tomatoes, comes out to $124.50 with tax and an 18 percent tip included. The restaurant will donate $10 from each sale to the Make-A-Wish Foundation.

The burger is available at the recently opened Boca Raton branch of the Old Homestead Steak House: 501 E. Camino Real, Boca Raton FL 33431

escan
07-26-2006, 09:29 AM
Another good one is Steak n' Shake. I wait drooling for them to open a location near me.

Very expensive, but really good.

Okay...I've heard about the Kobe beef burger...WAY overpriced...I've had Kobe steaks for less than that, but I was referring to the Steak and Shake burger above.....seriously? It's called Steak and Shake, it can't be more than $7 or $8.

mranderson
07-26-2006, 12:30 PM
Okay...I've heard about the Kobe beef burger...WAY overpriced...I've had Kobe steaks for less than that, but I was referring to the Steak and Shake burger above.....seriously? It's called Steak and Shake, it can't be more than $7 or $8.

For a simple burger, fries and drink, it was over $10.00. That is too high for a fast food burger.

It could be worse. We went to Chilli's after church last week because I wanted their build a burger. $14.95? I think not.

Stinger
07-26-2006, 12:48 PM
Never seen a burger at Chili's for $14.

beatlebutt81
07-29-2006, 09:15 PM
Shorty Small's in Edmond was probably my overall favorite of all time. I think what I got was called the Everything Burger with bacon and mushrooms. So tasty.

Other than that, I've always been partial to Braum's hamburgers. I'm not sure why, but I find them to be tender and juicy and overall quite good.

I also really like the hamburgers at the Henry Hudson's off Hefner & Rockwell.

Yodachaos
07-29-2006, 10:10 PM
Flattire is the one off of the UCO campus if I remember right and from what my friends have told me it is sopposed to be pretty good. Will have to check it out when I get a chance.

mranderson
07-30-2006, 09:04 AM
Never seen a burger at Chili's for $14.

I never said $14.00, I said $14.95. The build your own burger which gives a choice of 30 topings is $14.95. I wanted one however it was too expensive.

crabby_cruiser
07-30-2006, 10:04 AM
Steak n' Shake is WAY overrated. Not worth the price... not even close.

I love Ron's (especially the patty melt) and Irma's. I also enjoy Johnnie's and Cheeseburgers in Paradise.

metro
07-31-2006, 11:52 AM
Shorty Small's in Edmond was probably my overall favorite of all time. I think what I got was called the Everything Burger with bacon and mushrooms. So tasty.

Other than that, I've always been partial to Braum's hamburgers. I'm not sure why, but I find them to be tender and juicy and overall quite good.

I also really like the hamburgers at the Henry Hudson's off Hefner & Rockwell.

Why don't you get one at the Shorty Smalls at Reno and Meridian? I think they're better than the one that was in Edmond.

striker
08-24-2006, 09:40 AM
Hands down best greasy burger is at Abraham's (1 N. Hudson) in the middle of downtown okc. Irma's and Ron's are good, but Abraham's - yum.

They unfortunately recently changed their fries, so they now aren't very good like they used to be, but the burgers are still top notch.

Martin
08-24-2006, 10:01 AM
did abraham's move recently or did they have multiple locations? i've been to the one around nw50th & western... and i thought it closed. they were a 'hole in the wall' joint but had good burgers... though i stopped going after getting sick a couple of times! -M

striker
08-24-2006, 10:22 AM
did abraham's move recently or did they have multiple locations? i've been to the one around nw50th & western... and i thought it closed. they were a 'hole in the wall' joint but had good burgers... though i stopped going after getting sick a couple of times! -M

They did indeed close for awhile, then moved and reopened. I used to eat there several times a month, never got sick, but their old place was a little "unclean" looking/feeling. New place is much nicer.

metro
08-24-2006, 11:46 AM
I wasn't too impressed with the new Abrahams downtown. Just your average burger if you ask me.