View Full Version : We Wonder Why?

Karried
07-19-2006, 02:45 PM
From CNN National News:

(And we wonder why we have the image we have... ~ sigh ~ )

Readings were forecast to top 100 in Plains states such as Arkansas and Nebraska each day through the end of the week.

Shortly after noon the temperature in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma was already 101 degrees and Stillwater, Oklahoma, hit 102, the National Weather Service said.

"It is so terribly hot. It's just like an oven," said Kathryn Grooms of Grooms Sewer and Plumbing Service in Oklahoma City. "It takes two guys to do the job of one. They just can't perform."

"I've got one guy -- of course he needed to lose the weight -- but he's lost 60 pounds this summer," Grooms said.

escan
07-19-2006, 02:48 PM
She's probably the same person we see on national television after every tornado.

mranderson
07-19-2006, 02:50 PM
From CNN National News:

(And we wonder why we have the image we have... ~ sigh ~ )

Readings were forecast to top 100 in Plains states such as Arkansas and Nebraska each day through the end of the week.

Shortly after noon the temperature in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma was already 101 degrees and Stillwater, Oklahoma, hit 102, the National Weather Service said.

"It is so terribly hot. It's just like an oven," said Kathryn Grooms of Grooms Sewer and Plumbing Service in Oklahoma City. "It takes two guys to do the job of one. They just can't perform."

"I've got one guy -- of course he needed to lose the weight -- but he's lost 60 pounds this summer," Grooms said.

Probably the usual toothless Billy Bob or Betty Lou with the comment "this just don't happen here," while their mobile home in the center of that treeless five acres is being destroyed by a tornado. (Example only)

Easy180
07-19-2006, 03:17 PM
We have a great image...just check out the lovely things the folks from Seattle are hurling our way on their forums

mranderson
07-19-2006, 03:34 PM
We have a great image...just check out the lovely things the folks from Seattle are hurling our way on their forums

Are you being sarcastic, or serious? Give us some sites to see.

Easy180
07-19-2006, 04:38 PM
lots of well wishes on seattletimes.com....on the Sonics fan forum on the home page...few of us Okies on there trying to defend OKC

I know they are upset, but one recommended we be called the OKC Bombers......classy!