View Full Version : J. Franks

metro
07-18-2006, 09:14 AM
Has anyone noticed that Daddy Hinkles changed to J. Franks? It appears to be the same owners but maybe it was a silent name change? Under their new sign and logo it says J. Franks featuring Daddy Hinkles marinades.

Easy180
07-18-2006, 09:25 AM
I did notice that saturday night when walking by...let's hope they aren't counting on just a name change to survive...wife ate there and she wasn't too impressed

Midtowner
07-18-2006, 09:26 AM
The Lotus was a much more viable idea for Bricktown. It was at least something different. Japanese steak and sushi. Hinkles is just a ho-hum steakhouse. Thare were 2-3 well established steakhouses already in Bricktown. It was a bad idea from the beginning.

Martin
07-18-2006, 10:00 AM
crazy... i ate there on july 7th befeore seeing pirates and it was still daddy hinkles. heh... it looked like they had freddy krueger on their menu.

that was my first time there, and while not bad, i wasn't too impressed. for a friday night, it didn't have too many patrons. -M

bandnerd
07-18-2006, 10:06 AM
Lotus was good...only got to eat there once. Excellent food.

Never tried Daddy Hinkles, but it never appealed to me. Putting a new name on it isn't going to bring people in.

metro
07-18-2006, 11:04 AM
Indeed, I miss Lotus. Their own demise again though, they never promoted it right and got over the misconception of being only a sushi house.

John
07-18-2006, 04:31 PM
I haven't been in Daddy H's in a while, but from what it looks like, J Franks is just the name of the bar in/connected to Hinckles.

metro
07-19-2006, 01:11 PM
John,

Well that is what I thought at first, but go by again, you won't notice any Daddy Hinkles signs up. Only J.Frank's featuring Daddy Hinkles marinades. That is the only reference I see now to Daddy H. I think it is a silent name change.

Dungeon Master
07-19-2006, 05:40 PM
If you look at the west glass doors (off Oklahoma Ave) going into the place, it still says Daddy Hinkles (well it did last weekend). From my understanding (and a maintenance worker told me this), it's all owned by Bourbon Street Cafe, Daddy Hinkles still exist inside and J Franks bar is an addition of a casual bar on the side lines (and outside). The J Franks sign went up during the winter season (I saw that happen).
Again, that is what I was told.

John,

Well that is what I thought at first, but go by again, you won't notice any Daddy Hinkles signs up. Only J.Frank's featuring Daddy Hinkles marinades. That is the only reference I see now to Daddy H. I think it is a silent name change.

writerranger
07-20-2006, 12:03 PM
I just got off the phone with the restaurant. The actual restaurant is still called, "Daddy Hinkles." The bar side is called, "J. Franks"........

------

Easy180
07-20-2006, 12:45 PM
Either way it will likely be named Vacant in a few more months

metro
07-21-2006, 01:50 PM
I'm pretty sure I saw all signs including the Westside say J.Franks and no mention to Daddy Hinkles other than the marinades. I'll drive by this weekend and take pics.