View Full Version : What Church do you attend?

mranderson
07-15-2006, 08:03 AM
Here is a "get to know you."

What Church do you attend, and why? Do you like it? What about it do you like or dislike?

Mine? Church of the Epiphany of the Lord. Catholic parish. I like it because the homily is short and one of the Priests has a great sense of humor which he always uses.

bandnerd
07-15-2006, 08:23 AM
I go to the church of bandnerd. The hours are flexible, the food is good, and the congregation is small ;)

As for organized religion, I do not partake for many reasons.

Midtowner
07-15-2006, 08:27 AM
St. Joseph's Old Cathedral downtown. I'm Catholic, so I just go to the nearest Catholic church to where I live. It's a small and diverse congregation. I'm not really involved, I just show up when I have time.

1Adam12
07-15-2006, 03:53 PM
I go to the church of bandnerd. The hours are flexible, the food is good, and the congregation is small ;)

As for organized religion, I do not partake for many reasons.
I know you are trying to be humurous, but when it comes to talking about church and serving the Lord, it is not a laughing matter. I don't believe in "organized religions" myself, but I do believe in Christianity, which is not an organized religion, it is a relationship with Christ.

As far as not having time to go, I believe that is a cop out. Everybody has time to go, one way or another. The problem is, you choose to sleep in, and you feel that you don't need a church. Well, you are wrong.

Church is one of the most important part of our lives, or it should be. If you don't attend church, and you don't take your children to church (when you have children), you are guilty of child abuse. You are guilty of not allowing your child the opportunity to learn about the Lord and to be around good Christian people.

Unfortunately, when children grow up without the opportunity to go to church, then they usually end up like their parents, with no morals, spiritual leadership, or goals. These will be the same kids that will lead a life of crime and will always be getting in to trouble.

BTW, I attend a non-denominational church, that has drums, guitars, light shows, etc....and we are reaching the lost everytime the doors are open. No book store, no cafeteria, no kitchen, no concession stand, and no vending machines. Just good Christian worship.

bandnerd
07-15-2006, 04:01 PM
WOW Adam, way to make a generalization.

Most of the kids I knew who went to church were the ones out drinking, having sex, stealing things, etc. They were the "cool" kids at our school.

I do not tell you how to live your life, I did not shove my opinions down your throat, and I will expect you to respect my decision to not go to church and leave it at that.

While I may not attend a church, or even believe in the Bible, etc, it does not make me an immoral person. Not taking my hypothetical children to church is FAR from child abuse. We did not attend church (I went on my own when I did go) and Sundays were "family days" for us. We'd sit and talk, read the paper together, go for walks, do some shopping...do things that families are often too busy to do these days. We'd have a big Sunday dinner and watch football or a movie. My sister and I would practice the piano. Yes, even when we had our drivers licenses, we still stayed at home on Sundays. Do not tell me that my family is immoral or wrong for taking a day to themselves to rest in their own way, just because it didn't involve any organized worship. I would expect that my children would understand this concept.

As for why we stopped going to church as a family, well, my dad was injured on the job and sitting in pews was incredibly painful for him. Instead of torturing him every Sunday, we'd just spend the day all of us together.

Maybe you should think about the reasons WHY someone would choose not to go, before you go calling them child abusing, law-breaking non-Christians.

Not everyone is religious. Maybe you should get over it already.

1Adam12
07-15-2006, 05:34 PM
WOW Adam, way to make a generalization.

Most of the kids I knew who went to church were the ones out drinking, having sex, stealing things, etc. They were the "cool" kids at our school.

I do not tell you how to live your life, I did not shove my opinions down your throat, and I will expect you to respect my decision to not go to church and leave it at that.

While I may not attend a church, or even believe in the Bible, etc, it does not make me an immoral person. Not taking my hypothetical children to church is FAR from child abuse. We did not attend church (I went on my own when I did go) and Sundays were "family days" for us. We'd sit and talk, read the paper together, go for walks, do some shopping...do things that families are often too busy to do these days. We'd have a big Sunday dinner and watch football or a movie. My sister and I would practice the piano. Yes, even when we had our drivers licenses, we still stayed at home on Sundays. Do not tell me that my family is immoral or wrong for taking a day to themselves to rest in their own way, just because it didn't involve any organized worship. I would expect that my children would understand this concept.

As for why we stopped going to church as a family, well, my dad was injured on the job and sitting in pews was incredibly painful for him. Instead of torturing him every Sunday, we'd just spend the day all of us together.

Maybe you should think about the reasons WHY someone would choose not to go, before you go calling them child abusing, law-breaking non-Christians.

Not everyone is religious. Maybe you should get over it already.
Maybe you should chill, girl. So, let me get this straight. Since daddy couldn't sit in the pews, the whole family sympathetically quit going to church, because somebody had to keep dad company, huh? I can see daddy staying home, but it is a pitiful excuse for the rest of you.

I beg to differ with you on one thing. If you don't read the Bible and live by God's rules, then you are an immoral person. Yep, believe it or not, you are.

I also don't know what school you went to, but the Christian kids I went to school with were great examples to others. It was the non-Christians that were so immoral that they were pulling some of the Christian kids down with them. You see, temptation affects everyone, even Christians.

I don't condemn you for what you believe, however, you seem so adament in many of your posts that you don't care for church, or people that go there because you feel they are shoving religion down your throat. That's crap. You are shoving your unbeliefs down our throats all the time.

I suggest that you and Midtowner both grow up and learn to respect others and what they believe in. Yes, I accept some kind of smart alec reply and some type of attack on me, because it is what you and Midtowner do. Members on this forum get tired of hearing you both whine all the time. I'm used to pathetic people, though, I see them on the streets all the time.

bandnerd
07-15-2006, 05:43 PM
You have no right making it sound like we made excuses, Adam. You were not a member of my family, you don't know the whole situation, and I have no patience to type it all out for you, and it's not like you'd care about me or my family, anyway.

I think you are not being very Christian right now, Adam. I think you are judging me.

I don't hate people who go to church. All my friends do, and it's fine with me. My sister and her husband go to church. I can respect that they enjoy it, and that it is part of their lives...but they also respect that it is not my way and they have never once forced it on me like you and some others on this board, but mainly you at this time.

I am more grown up than you think I am. Just because you don't like my comments doesn't mean that they are any less valid or true. They just aren't valid or true to YOU.

And for the record, I have never had anyone complain to me about my "tired comments." If they have a problem, then they need to say something. But no one ever has, except you. If it's personal, that's fine, it's your problem, but don't go bringing innocent bystanders into your issue.

Sorry, mranderson. I didn't mean to take over your whole thread. I will retire from it now. People can PM me if they have problems with me. I really do apologize to you. But only to you.

1Adam12
07-15-2006, 05:57 PM
You have no right making it sound like we made excuses, Adam. You were not a member of my family, you don't know the whole situation, and I have no patience to type it all out for you, and it's not like you'd care about me or my family, anyway.

I think you are not being very Christian right now, Adam. I think you are judging me.

I don't hate people who go to church. All my friends do, and it's fine with me. My sister and her husband go to church. I can respect that they enjoy it, and that it is part of their lives...but they also respect that it is not my way and they have never once forced it on me like you and some others on this board, but mainly you at this time.

I am more grown up than you think I am. Just because you don't like my comments doesn't mean that they are any less valid or true. They just aren't valid or true to YOU.

And for the record, I have never had anyone complain to me about my "tired comments." If they have a problem, then they need to say something. But no one ever has, except you. If it's personal, that's fine, it's your problem, but don't go bringing innocent bystanders into your issue.

Sorry, mranderson. I didn't mean to take over your whole thread. I will retire from it now. People can PM me if they have problems with me. I really do apologize to you. But only to you.
I don't judge people, God does. Most of a time when people proclaim to be a Christina, and then they make a comment that somebody else doesn't like, then they are considered as not being very Christian. I sure get tired of that. Christians have opinions too.

It's nothing personal. I just get tired of people getting shot down for what they say, when all they are doing is giving their opinion.

Enjoy the apology, mranderson, because it may be the only one you get for a long time. By the way, mranderson, thanks for starting this thread. It brings out the "best" in people.

Midtowner
07-15-2006, 06:05 PM
I don't judge people, God does. Most of a time when people proclaim to be a Christina, and then they make a comment that somebody else doesn't like, then they are considered as not being very Christian. I sure get tired of that. Christians have opinions too.

It's nothing personal. I just get tired of people getting shot down for what they say, when all they are doing is giving their opinion.

Enjoy the apology, mranderson, because it may be the only one you get for a long time. By the way, mranderson, thanks for starting this thread. It brings out the "best" in people.

So you think you have all of God's answers? That's extremely arrogant. You are now the diviner of what's right and wrong? Although I'm a Christian, I also find the moral belief systems of other religions to be of value. Buddhists, for example -- I'd call them highly moral. Hindu's? Except for the caste system, I can't find a lot of problems (the caste system is a pretty huge problem though). I even think that from time to time fundamentalist Bible thumpers can be some pretty moral people when they're not telling the rest of the world that we're going to hayul for our sinful ways.

As for "shoving our beliefs," you might want to note that about 98% of the posts here are pushing Christianity (or shoving in cases such as yours). We, the 2% find it perfectly acceptable to be just as strong in our views and beliefs as you are in yours. If you have a problem with that, too bad buddy.

1Adam12
07-15-2006, 06:14 PM
So you think you have all of God's answers? That's extremely arrogant. You are now the diviner of what's right and wrong? Although I'm a Christian, I also find the moral belief systems of other religions to be of value. Buddhists, for example -- I'd call them highly moral. Hindu's? Except for the caste system, I can't find a lot of problems (the caste system is a pretty huge problem though). I even think that from time to time fundamentalist Bible thumpers can be some pretty moral people when they're not telling the rest of the world that we're going to hayul for our sinful ways.

As for "shoving our beliefs," you might want to note that about 98% of the posts here are pushing Christianity (or shoving in cases such as yours). We, the 2% find it perfectly acceptable to be just as strong in our views and beliefs as you are in yours. If you have a problem with that, too bad buddy.
:tweeted: You are funny. I am not shoving any beliefs, I am just making an observation. You are a Christian?:tweeted: Ok, let me quit laughing long enough to pick myself up off the floor. Remember, you just go to church "when you have time." BTW, what's hayul?

Do you have the statistics and studies that prove that 98% of the posts on here are pushing Christianity, or are you just spouting numbers without facts? I thought assumptions (98% of posts push Christianity?) were illegal on this forum, according to you. Maybe this will give you a chance to do some "research" and back up your statement.

MadMonk
07-15-2006, 06:33 PM
Not taking the kids to church = child abuse? Yeah, there's no judgement there. :rolleyes:

1Adam12
07-15-2006, 06:35 PM
Not taking the kids to church = child abuse? Yeah, there's no judgement there. :rolleyes:
See, I knew somebody would agree with me.:kicking:

Karried
07-15-2006, 08:42 PM
I'll never forget hearing the most horrible story that I still have nightmares about to this day... in the Bay Area.. a very religious family decided that their young son was being 'defiant' by not eating all of his dinner... so night after night, they forced him to eat every bite of his dinner until he threw up, oh they were pissed, they just knew he was doing it on purpose .. and now the horrendous part, they would put the vomit in the refrigerator and force him to eat it the next day as a punishment for his defiance... this went on for some time.. when he didn't eat, they would beat him and punish him relentlessly .. he was being defiant and they didn't want him to turn out to be 'immoral'.. turns out the little boy had a terrible medical intesinal problem and was unable to eat his food and caused vomiting.. so the parents were convicted and the child taken away to live in foster care .. guess the charge? Child abuse..

Patrick
07-15-2006, 09:01 PM
Ummmm, can we please get back to topic here?

Northwest Baptist Church, Oklahoma City.

Keith
07-15-2006, 09:06 PM
Ummmm, can we please get back to topic here?

Northwest Baptist Church, Oklahoma City.
South Lindsay Baptist Church....Oklahoma City...for over 25 years.

Midtowner
07-15-2006, 10:37 PM
:tweeted: You are funny. I am not shoving any beliefs, I am just making an observation. You are a Christian?:tweeted: Ok, let me quit laughing long enough to pick myself up off the floor. Remember, you just go to church "when you have time." BTW, what's hayul?

Do you have the statistics and studies that prove that 98% of the posts on here are pushing Christianity, or are you just spouting numbers without facts? I thought assumptions (98% of posts push Christianity?) were illegal on this forum, according to you. Maybe this will give you a chance to do some "research" and back up your statement.

Your smiling faces are so helpful! Thanks for those.

Yes, I'm Christian. I affirm the Nicene Creed. I'm a Roman Catholic to be specific. "When I have time to" refers to the fact that I work full time, as well as attending lawschool. This accounts for about 95 hours/week. I guard my personal time very jealously, and yes, church does lose out sometimes. You're in no position to judge though -- or if you are, please explain what makes you the arbiter of all things godly.

12, if you disagree with my number, feel free to do the research yourself. You can start by listing the posters that do not support the fundie company line. That might come to something around 4 out of however many users there are here.

bandnerd
07-15-2006, 10:38 PM
Okay, I know I said I wasn't going to post here anymore, but I'd love for someone to actually use Google to find the definition of "moral" because as I found it, it has nothing to do with religion, just the ability to know right from wrong.

As for being called immoral, I have *never* in my life been called immoral. I know you can't get an accurate snapshot of a person's personality or anything from a message board, but I would have to say that given any past comments on this board, I have never shown myself to be immoral. Open-minded, liberal at best...but never immoral. Just because I may not agree with everything everyone else says, I'm not immoral.

I do get emotionally charged on this subject, because I have done the church thing, and it didn't work for me, and people don't understand why. It's like explaining why I don't like fish...people don't get it, so I just kind of quit explaining why. But *I* don't feel you have to go to church or be religious to understand that murder and rape and child abuse are wrong, and that giving back to your community, and adopting abandoned pets, and teaching at-risk youth are good things to do.

People can say what they want, but when you know, you know. I *know* I am not a bad person, I do good things for the community and for its constituents...I may not give them speeding tickets but I have counseled a lost youth here or there...and I think that means a lot more than whether or not I attend a church.

Easy180
07-16-2006, 02:39 PM
This thread reminds me of one that someone in my company sent out to everyone asking them to reply to him if they believed in god...can't believe he didn't get fired....this seems to me to be an attempt to find out who doesn't go to church at all instead of really wanting to know where

I find that in nearly every situation this question is best left unanswered

OrangeKnight
07-17-2006, 03:48 PM
Henderson Hills Baptist Church and Lifechurch...

Faith
07-18-2006, 02:12 PM
Here is a "get to know you."

What Church do you attend, and why? Do you like it? What about it do you like or dislike?

Mine? Church of the Epiphany of the Lord. Catholic parish. I like it because the homily is short and one of the Priests has a great sense of humor which he always uses.

LifeChurch. I have only attended here for 3 weeks. So far I like it for the bible teachings that relate to my everyday life. I also like the fact that the doors are open to everyone no matter who you are. I have been to several churches in the past that the congregation wouldn't be very accepting of a bum walking in off the streets. LifeChurch seems to welcome everyone the same, regardless of social status. To me that is setting God-like examples which all churches should do.

brianinok
07-22-2006, 08:03 AM
I go to Henderson Hills.

Luke
07-28-2006, 07:38 PM
Destiny Christian Center in Del City.

jbrown84
07-28-2006, 07:50 PM
Wow, I can't believe 1Adam12 hasn't been banned for his rude, hateful comments. He never even answered the question of the original poster.

I attend Northwest Baptist Church in OKC (same as Patrick). I have gone there all my life except when we lived elsewhere. Even though we moved to Edmond ten years ago, we remained at Northwest because it is a very diverse church economically, ethnically, and socially. It isn't a bunch of WASPS. We are very close to OCU and the Asian district and have many Asians and other international students in our congregation. We also have African American families, Native American families, and mixed families. Our pastor shares relevant messages with a sense of humor and a casual style and avoids political messages. Our church is also strongly focused on missions, both internationally and locally. In addition to multiple international missions projects in China, Bosnia, Africa, Nicaragua, Bolivia, Guatemala, Taiwan, Romania, and other countries, we have outreach to the homeless, to neighborhood children, teachers, and families, and to single moms. We have a Spanish congregation, a Korean congregation, and an All Nations congregation in addition to our main congregation meeting on two campuses. The people are loving, friendly, and welcoming despite what you look like or how you act. We are also one of the more progressive Southern Baptist congregations in the state.

Keith
07-29-2006, 10:49 AM
Wow, I can't believe 1Adam12 hasn't been banned for his rude, hateful comments. He never even answered the question of the original poster.

I attend Northwest Baptist Church in OKC (same as Patrick). I have gone there all my life except when we lived elsewhere. Even though we moved to Edmond ten years ago, we remained at Northwest because it is a very diverse church economically, ethnically, and socially. It isn't a bunch of WASPS. We are very close to OCU and the Asian district and have many Asians and other international students in our congregation. We also have African American families, Native American families, and mixed families. Our pastor shares relevant messages with a sense of humor and a casual style and avoids political messages. Our church is also strongly focused on missions, both internationally and locally. In addition to multiple international missions projects in China, Bosnia, Africa, Nicaragua, Bolivia, Guatemala, Taiwan, Romania, and other countries, we have outreach to the homeless, to neighborhood children, teachers, and families, and to single moms. We have a Spanish congregation, a Korean congregation, and an All Nations congregation in addition to our main congregation meeting on two campuses. The people are loving, friendly, and welcoming despite what you look like or how you act. We are also one of the more progressive Southern Baptist congregations in the state.
1Adam12 has not violated any of the terms and conditions of the forum. Being rude, and sometimes hateful is not against the rules. If it were, there would be many people already banned from this site.

Unfortunately, sarcasm and hateful comments are allowed on this forum, just as long as they don't get out of control.

Midtowner
07-29-2006, 10:57 AM

Adam, so very Christian of you to say these things.

If you want to count the number of users on here who post, and then cound the number of athiests to Christians, I think you might find about 2 athiests with the rest being Christians. My wife and another gentleman come to mind immediately. 98% seems accurate, even generous to the Christian population. I have my doubts that 2% would be non-Christian.

As for "hayul," I know phonics class was a long time ago. Sound it out. If you can't figure it out, I'm very sorry for you.

sweetdaisy
07-29-2006, 11:29 AM

And his comments & attitude are probably just as rude and hateful when he's in uniform. What a terrible example of our men & women in blue.

Keith
07-29-2006, 01:38 PM
And his comments & attitude are probably just as rude and hateful when he's in uniform. What a terrible example of our men & women in blue.
Now, you don't know how he is in uniform, do you? Being a little judgemental aren't you?

Let me ask everyone this question. Have any of you had a bad attitude on this forum, or said anything on this forum that was rude, distasteful, sarcastic, or mean? I know that I have, and I have regretted it. I know that I can find posts on many members that have exercised these characteristics a time or two.

Patrick
07-29-2006, 04:25 PM

I bet he's a Republican.

Patrick
07-29-2006, 04:28 PM
The Terms and Conditions aren't working at the moment, but I believe they state that rudeness will not be tolerated.

bandnerd
07-29-2006, 05:21 PM
Let me ask everyone this question. Have any of you had a bad attitude on this forum, or said anything on this forum that was rude, distasteful, sarcastic, or mean? I know that I have, and I have regretted it. I know that I can find posts on many members that have exercised these characteristics a time or two.

Keith--

Yes, we all have our moments. But not allof us who slip up occasionally keep berating people to the point that they don't want to come back to a thread or the entire forum.

I have been a person who has been sarcastic at times, but I try to keep it lighthearted. I don't intentionally attack people and try to make them feel bad for what they are. Some might, but not me, and I'm tired of being a target for some people who feel they are morally justified in giving me crap.

sweetdaisy
07-29-2006, 05:39 PM
Now, you don't know how he is in uniform, do you? Being a little judgemental aren't you?

Why so protective, Keith? I'm stating the fact that his behavior online tends to be poor and confrontational, which is probably the way he behaves when he's wearing his uniform. I reasoned through this, and would be happy to explain it: if he was trying to hide his rude, hateful, and intolerant behavior, he would not use a screen name and avatar that reflects he is a cop. Therefore, I would guess he thinks his rude, hateful, and intolerant behavior is acceptable at all times...including when he's in uniform.

Not judgemental...it's called connecting the dots.

Keith
07-29-2006, 06:12 PM
Why so protective, Keith? I'm stating the fact that his behavior online tends to be poor and confrontational, which is probably the way he behaves when he's wearing his uniform. I reasoned through this, and would be happy to explain it: if he was trying to hide his rude, hateful, and intolerant behavior, he would not use a screen name and avatar that reflects he is a cop. Therefore, I would guess he thinks his rude, hateful, and intolerant behavior is acceptable at all times...including when he's in uniform.

Not judgemental...it's called connecting the dots.
I'm not being protective of anyone, I am just being protective of others' rights to post their opinions. Yes, he is sometimes rude and straight to the point, but so are several other posters on the forum. I have checked his posts and the times that he is on the forum. He is hardly on the forum, and he doesn't post that much. BTW, he has been warned about his rudeness and the ways he expresses his opinions.......but so have others.

Without saying names here, he is no worse than a few of our regulars who are on everyday, that like to make fun of other posters, and their opinions (and try to force everyone to provide facts all the time). Do we ban them for being rude also?

If we start banning people on here for being rude and sarcastic, then we would be banning lots of people.

Ok, folks, we are totally off topic here, so let's get back on topic. If there are any more comments regarding this, please PM me or e-mail me at keith@okctalk.com.

sweetdaisy
07-29-2006, 06:16 PM
I don't recall saying a thing about banning anyone. I'm simply defending my comment about his rude and intolerant behavior when you started claiming "judgemental".

Patrick
07-30-2006, 11:49 AM
I attend North Side Church of Hypocrites.

jbrown84
07-30-2006, 03:01 PM
I attend North Side Church of Hypocrites.

??

crabby_cruiser
07-30-2006, 03:10 PM
I attend North Side Church of Hypocrites. Isn't that where 1Adam12 attends? I saw him there this morning when I was visiting to see what HIS religion was like.

drumsncode
07-30-2006, 05:49 PM
I'd like to join in the mudslinging here, but Joel Osteen comes on at 7pm, channel 14. Maybe there will be a sermon on tolerance and having a good attitude.

Hope springs eternal.

Midtowner
07-30-2006, 07:21 PM
I'd like to join in the mudslinging here, but Joel Osteen comes on at 7pm, channel 14. Maybe there will be a sermon on tolerance and having a good attitude.

Hope springs eternal.

You watch TBN!? What's youre take on Benny Hinn?

brianinok
07-30-2006, 08:02 PM
I know you weren't asking me, but here's my take. :poke:

Joel Osteen = Scary
TBN = Scarier
Benny Hinn = Scariest

Keith
07-30-2006, 08:05 PM
I know you weren't asking me, but here's my take. :poke:

Joel Osteen = Scary
TBN = Scarier
Benny Hinn = Scariest
Im my opinion, Benny Hinn is as fake as they get. Just looking at his fake smile makes my stomach upset. Joel osteen is ok, but I don't check the TV listings to see when he is on.

Patrick
07-30-2006, 09:34 PM
??

Oh, I wasn't referring to my church as that. I was just trying to use something comical to try to get folks back on topic.

Patrick
07-30-2006, 09:38 PM
You watch TBN!? What's youre take on Benny Hinn?

Benny Hinn drives a Rolls Royce for a reason. Biggest con man out there.

As for my list:

TBN: Total Bizarre Network

Benny Hinn: Con man

Rod Parsley/TD Jakes: Yelling about absolutely nothing

Jana Crouch: One scarry hair style

Billy Graham: a breath of fresh air among a crowd of weirdos

jbrown84
07-31-2006, 06:37 PM
Joel Osteen is nothing but a motivational speaker. His McSermons are great if you want to make everybody feel good about themselves so they'll come in droves every Sunday and finance your former NBA arena auditorium.

Keith
07-31-2006, 07:59 PM
Joel Osteen is nothing but a motivational speaker. His McSermons are great if you want to make everybody feel good about themselves so they'll come in droves every Sunday and finance your former NBA arena auditorium.
My thoughts exactly.

Patrick
08-01-2006, 05:55 PM
My thoughts exactly.

Me too!

Keith
08-05-2006, 03:43 PM
I have a few pics of my church that I want to share. This building was built in 1977, so it is now 30 years old.

http://www.okctalk.com/gallery/data/500/medium/8-5-06_pictures_006.jpg

http://www.okctalk.com/gallery/data/500/medium/8-5-06_pictures_005.jpg

OSUFlounder
08-08-2006, 10:49 PM
St. Paul's Episcopal Cathedral in Downtown OKC.... The joke of course would be all of the tradition and none of the guilt (for all of you Catholics). However I truly find that God speaks to people in different ways and through different creeds. Has the image of God in which we were created ever been the same throughout history. Of course not. The Episcopal Church has been and will be my faith home because it is open to listening to people from different backgrounds and life experiences. It is more about sharring and living in communion with one another than it is about divisions. This has just been my experience, I'm sure others would find it differently.

mwmcl
03-20-2007, 03:30 PM
I go to church at various locations ... is that vague enough

paypay04
05-12-2007, 01:59 AM
I do not attend church but have two small children and would like to start taking them to a luthern church, but I have now idea about that religion. does anyone know about it and would like to share with me... reply to golddiggin247@aol.com

kevinpate
05-13-2007, 04:35 PM
> Billy Graham: a breath of fresh air among a crowd

I've heard Rev. Graham preach many times in my life, beginning in the 60's at Ridgecrest in North Carolina. Whether live and in person, via live televised broadcast or via delayed broadcast, I have never doubted his conviction for God nor his genuine love for mankind.